Thread: Samsung 931BW & 931CW LCD Monitor

Default Samsung 931BW & 931CW LCD Monitor

Hi guys..

I am currently looking for 19" widescreen monitor that offers good image quality..
    Wide for programming and Good Image Quality for photo editing..

Was eyeing on 931BW until Samsung recently announced 931CW, with Wide Color Gamut (90% as compared to 82%).

Does any of you have deeper knowledge on this aspect? How much (observable) difference are there on 8% increase in the width? Or is it simply a marketing gimmick, again?

On the other hand, if you guys have other suggestions on better choice for 19" (or even larger, depending on price wise...) widescreen LCD monitor, please share

Thanks! Cheers!

Default Re: Samsung 931BW & 931CW LCD Monitor

Hey guys, no one has got any thoughts on this?

Help!!~~

Quote Originally Posted by ch3nyong View Post
    Hi guys..

I am currently looking for 19" widescreen monitor that offers good image quality..
    Wide for programming and Good Image Quality for photo editing..

Was eyeing on 931BW until Samsung recently announced 931CW, with Wide Color Gamut (90% as compared to 82%).

Does any of you have deeper knowledge on this aspect? How much (observable) difference are there on 8% increase in the width? Or is it simply a marketing gimmick, again?

On the other hand, if you guys have other suggestions on better choice for 19" (or even larger, depending on price wise...) widescreen LCD monitor, please share

Thanks! Cheers!
    I have the 931BW .. the monitor itself is pretty, but somehow I seem just can't understand how to adjust it.
    How about when you want to 'auto adjust' the LCD, you press the button and the monitor says 'the function has been disabled' ?
    Makes me want to kick the LCD !
    I also bought Viewsonic VG1930wm about the same time for the office, and I am much happier with it .. the adjustment is much simpler, the base can be rotated (931BW can't)
    I know on paper 931 BW looks much better (that's why I bought it) but I can't tell the difference..
    Oh more more annoying thing : 931BW 's black front part are glossy, it looks pretty, but easily sratched... even when I just wipe dust on it.

ahh.. that makes me think twice before getting it...

the glossy sleek design is one of the reasons why im giong for it, haha..
    and, i suppose their monitor setting adjustments are done through mouse (software) rather than pressing buttons?

anyway, thanks karel for your opinions! it definitely helps me a lot

Finally, I have made up my mind and got myself 931BW @ $329 on today's COMEX

I was indecisive tho, whether to get 226BW @ $449 or not, but end up with 19", considering that it's a lil' bit too big for my table, haha

Good deal on these two, but too bad they didnt bring in 931CW on this show.. if not, I would have gone for that, sigh..

Anyway, will write some reviews on 931BW if possible

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by karel View Post
    I have the 931BW .. the monitor itself is pretty, but somehow I seem just can't understand how to adjust it.
    How about when you want to 'auto adjust' the LCD, you press the button and the monitor says 'the function has been disabled' ?
    you use vga or dvi?