Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SNBB Sony BRAVIA V Series 32" LCD TV promotion

Default Re: SNBB Sony BRAVIA V Series 32" LCD TV promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Here's a tip to those who have the Sony Bravia V series.

TURN OFF ALL THE ENHANCEMENTS TO GET THE BEST PICTURE QUALITY ON BOTH SD and DVD INPUTS (no HDTV signal so cannot verify if this also applies to HDTV).

Here are the settings on my set :-

Picture Menu
    Backlight 0 or 1
    Picture 80
    Brightness 55
    Color 38
    Color Temperature Warm1
    Sharpness 15
    Noise Reduction Off or Low

Advanced Settings
    Black Corrector Off
    Contrast Enhancer Off
    Gamme Off
    ClearWhite Off
    Colorspace Wide
    MPEG Noise Reduction Off
    Setup Menu
    Light Sensor On
    Guarantee you that before/after comparison will be like night and day. If you have any DVD discs that include the THX Optimiser setup, you can also run that to further tweak the color and sharpness settings.

Contemplating upgrading to an upscaling DVD player (or better still a Blu-Ray player .. maybe a PS3 ) but currently enjoying re-watching my old DVDs on the Bravia .... huge improvement compared to my old Wega CRT TV.
    Swee lah, difference really like day and night!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SNBB Sony BRAVIA V Series 32" LCD TV promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    Swee lah, difference really like day and night!
    Glad to have been able to help ... TV also need to be calibrated just like our LCD monitor and laptop screens if one is serious about image quality heheheh.

hi all, i saw this thread on the same day it was started. went to singnet's website and saw it there. the next thing i know, when my bro-in-law tried to view the promo, it was gone! anybody knows what happened? or is there something wrong with my eyes?

Arrow Re: SNBB Sony BRAVIA V Series 32" LCD TV promotion

Promotion ended on 17/08/07.

HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by pigcess View Post
    hi all, i saw this thread on the same day it was started. went to singnet's website and saw it there. the next thing i know, when my bro-in-law tried to view the promo, it was gone! anybody knows what happened? or is there something wrong with my eyes?

My Singnet contract just ended and I signed up the package, just got my Sony HDTV delivered today. Like what the others have mentioned, watching SD on HDTV is a torture. Also, the quality from the digital cable box signals look horrible, even on SDTVs. The picture quality from my old analogue box on SDTV was much better, Not sure if I can use that with my HDTV. I am currently using a old DVD player, quality sux on HDTV, might be time to upgrade.
    err... whats' SD mean?

thanx.

vince123123
    Guests

The funny thing is that the digital box works much better than the analogue box for me, I can see a much better difference in picture quality.

By the way, why is viewing SDTV on a HDTV screen torture? Are you guys saying that its better to get a normal CRT TV without HD if all we are viewing is SD TV?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    The funny thing is that the digital box works much better than the analogue box for me, I can see a much better difference in picture quality.

By the way, why is viewing SDTV on a HDTV screen torture? Are you guys saying that its better to get a normal CRT TV without HD if all we are viewing is SD TV?
    Nope, I watch SD TV on my LCD TV all the time... looks great

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post

This is what I feel for cable television. Using DVD to watch DVDs without upsanpling is still passable.

vince123123
    Guests

HMm okay, any more views?

Maybe its because my cable television looks the same as my DVDs? Perhaps your CTV got some problems hehe

This is what I feel for cable television. Using DVD to watch DVDs without upsanpling is still passable.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Glad to have been able to help ... TV also need to be calibrated just like our LCD monitor and laptop screens if one is serious about image quality heheheh.
    great, thanx for the settings....mine i think is coming on wednesday.

Any recommendations for those av cables at the back? i noticed those at the shop, use really high end cables so the tv display nice images. I was thinking like maybe get mid-range...depend on pricing too. Recommendations? ")
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan View Post
    tried upscaling Code 3 DVDs on my Bravia, did not notice any improvement in pic quality.

After i've watched High-def vids on Bravia @ 720p/1080i, i start noticing flaws on DVD pic quality on 480p

Some code 3 dvds are actually dvd5 not dvd9, ergo the content suffers more compression to fit into the disc. Most ppl should realise that lcd tvs that do not come with hdcp will eventually get the short end of the stick once it comes to trying to play hi def material, which is probably why the prices keep dropping.

Arrow Re: SNBB Sony BRAVIA V Series 32" LCD TV promotion

Sony BRAVIA V Series 32" LCD TV is on again from Singnet.

Promotions valid till 21 September 2007.

http://www.singnet.com.sg/plans_and_...sp?snbb=10Matl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12