Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Even the expats are going home...

Default Re: Even the expats are going home...

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    They bring in business, expertise, work those Singaporean dont like to handle.. so what's wrong when they come.

We make our place good and secure by learning how to fight and have a lot of 'meat'!

We have one of the strongest army in this region.. and you are one of them that make us strong so that nobody dare to bully us...

Yappy & happy
    I agree that they bring in business. yes. But work that All singaporeans don't like to handle? pls dont overgeneralise. Many FT are displacing workers in singapore because they are willing to work super cheap. Malaysians and PRC etc that are willing to work for a fraction of the normal salary. as a result singaporeans have no options but to lower their expectations. Not the lowly paid Indian worker working in the hot sun. I agree, many singaporeans are not willing to work under the hot sun. But We are seeing many FT displacing singaporeans jobs across the whole board.

How would you like to have someday, your boss looking at your salary, and looking at the expectation of the PRC man. he has exactly the same qualifications as you. knows simple English, can do the same work, but willing to work for half of what you are getting. maybe finds a "reason" to fire you. then hire the PRC man. will you be happy?

Many employers are using this as a reason not to increase the salaries of the common singaporean. their thinking is "pls leave on your own, resign..., then I can hire the FT at a fraction of what you are getting..., I can save cost, and can forget about your pesky NS ICT IPPT RT problem....."

right now there is no control. FT can anyhow watze into the interview room and write $1600 as a basic salary. how can we compete?

"lower our expectations" ---sad?

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    i hope the hordes of low eq, cant speak properly, people in my school go back to farming and rearing their farm animals. i think too much resources are wasted on them. and no, i am not refering to the occasional top indian or european scholars we see, but those that come in the bus loads every morning.socks high high, pants high high. head also very high think they very smart, whole day cut queues only and get into fights...not naming who or where they come from
    My fren, maybe you are a little young, but what you have just expounded is Bigotry. The same kind of bigotry that drives racists, the KKK and their like. I suggest you go think about what you have just posted.

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    I agree that they bring in business. yes. But work that All singaporeans don't like to handle? pls dont overgeneralise. Many FT are displacing workers in singapore because they are willing to work super cheap. Malaysians and PRC etc that are willing to work for a fraction of the normal salary. as a result singaporeans have no options but to lower their expectations. Not the lowly paid Indian worker working in the hot sun. I agree, many singaporeans are not willing to work under the hot sun. But We are seeing many FT displacing singaporeans jobs across the whole board.

How would you like to have someday, your boss looking at your salary, and looking at the expectation of the PRC man. he has exactly the same qualifications as you. knows simple English, can do the same work, but willing to work for half of what you are getting. maybe finds a "reason" to fire you. then hire the PRC man. will you be happy?

Many employers are using this as a reason not to increase the salaries of the common singaporean. their thinking is "pls leave on your own, resign..., then I can hire the FT at a fraction of what you are getting..., I can save cost, and can forget about your pesky NS ICT IPPT RT problem....."

right now there is no control. FT can anyhow watze into the interview room and write $1600 as a basic salary. how can we compete?

"lower our expectations" ---sad?
    deckard, go pick up a copy of Thomas Friedman's "The World is Flat." Its in the libraries, or if you can't find one, I'll gladly lend you my copy. This is the reality of globalisation, it has already hit the higher cost nations in the west and middle-class wage stagnation is the reality. It has come to our shores. What is the alternative? If the companies based in Singapore can't compete on cost, they will just move elsewhere, then what? Forget about better paying jobs, the jobs won't even exist.

We need to move up the value chain, if we are making and doing the same things as in China and India, then you better be prepared to "lower expectations" to match. Those nationals are skilled, hungry, and lower cost. If we choose not to harness them for our industries, many other countries are more than willing, then we are just killing ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dkw View Post
    deckard, go pick up a copy of Thomas Friedman's "The World is Flat." Its in the libraries, or if you can't find one, I'll gladly lend you my copy. This is the reality of globalisation, it has already hit the higher cost nations in the west and middle-class wage stagnation is the reality. It has come to our shores. What is the alternative? If the companies based in Singapore can't compete on cost, they will just move elsewhere, then what? Forget about better paying jobs, the jobs won't even exist.

We need to move up the value chain, if we are making and doing the same things as in China and India, then you better be prepared to "lower expectations" to match. Those nationals are skilled, hungry, and lower cost. If we choose not to harness them for our industries, many other countries are more than willing, then we are just killing ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dkw View Post

Try to convince these people.

Political rally izzit?

Yah, I know, in my younger days, sure go one.

Well, they need to listen up and take action. Same problem the world over, hopefully our people in SG are bit cleverer and understand the hard choices. If people don't buy in, nothing the g-ment can do. Thankfully I think the majority do see the light.

there's no easy solution wan lah. if i read a book on how to become millionaire means i die-die will be de meh?

Haha, nice one! But I'm convince majority go there to see show only. In the end still vote *** because there is no good alternative.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123