Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 663

Thread: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

  1. #221

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    Actually yesterday's papers already stated that Odex has the legal upperhand and they most likely will win any court case against downloads. However I am more concerned about what is considered an illegal download? Downloading their anime yes but what if I am downloading virtually unknown animes that they have no rights on?
    i wouldn't believe everything the newspaper says...just look at how TNP selectively told the pulbic about the story omitting certain details.

  2. #222
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    o really? Then what were the facts that was reported in the paper? Maybe i misread them. Prehaps you'd like to inform them and write your rebuttal to them then?
    what u've read are all facts but not the complete set.









    but they are all facts and they din't twist any fact at all.

    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  3. #223

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    what u've read are all facts but not the complete set.









    but they are all facts and they din't twist any fact at all.

    maybe in bizarro world. Omission of facts is still twisting of the truth that is the reality of it.

  4. #224
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    maybe in bizarro world. Omission of facts is still twisting of the truth that is the reality of it.
    ha!! i dunno abt tat!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #225

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    you work for TNP is it? Seems like you're adamant on defending their reputation. Can it be? You're here to gather inform for your next scope!

  6. #226
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    you work for TNP is it? Seems like you're adamant on defending their reputation. Can it be? You're here to gather inform for your next scope!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #227

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    gimme $1000 and i'l give you the scope of a lifetime!
    Last edited by garou12; 17th August 2007 at 05:39 PM.

  8. #228
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    an extract from HWZ

    Section 136 states following:-

    136. (1) A person who at a time when copyright subsists in a work

    (a) makes for sale or hire;
    (b) sells or lets for hire, or by way of trade offers or exposes for sale or hire; or
    (c) by way of trade exhibits in public,

    any article which he knows, or ought reasonably to know, to be an infringing copy of the work shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $10,000 for the article or for each article in respect of which the offence was committed or $100,000, whichever is the lower, or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or to both.

    ------------------

    confirm many people will be saved.

    You Download and watch yourself. You did not;

    A) Distribute
    B) Sell for Profit
    c) Display or project in public.

    in short... anyone who receive the letter SHOULD not pay and lawyers should know that this case is full of loopholes and this is one of them.
    Actually, when you are using torrent, you are distributing, even if it's in parts.

  9. #229
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic View Post
    Actually, when you are using torrent, you are distributing, even if it's in parts.
    ST wrote in an article, that sharing anime for non-profit gains is legal.

    IN JAPAN
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  10. #230
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    hahhaa..

    i download. i dun upload.

    i dun share.

    from that section i posted, there are loopholes which can be used to advantage.

    people who download and do not share or sell them or lend them profit are the so called grey areas.

  11. #231

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    hey glen be careful what you say here. Go mole from TNP spying on us. *points at cheesecake*

  12. #232
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    hey glen be careful what you say here. Go mole from TNP spying on us. *points at cheesecake*
    ha.. he is NOT from tnp for sure... but there are people from ST here. and of course gahment watching cs too...

    hwz is not spared too... just that CS isnt odexed yet... but should be. since this is photography community. not anime.

  13. #233

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    ha.. he is NOT from tnp for sure... but there are people from ST here. and of course gahment watching cs too...

    hwz is not spared too... just that CS isnt odexed yet... but should be. since this is photography community. not anime.
    Hmmm... better check on the abstract gallery and see whether anyone posted pics of "licensed" anime merchandise...



  14. #234

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    ha.. he is NOT from tnp for sure... but there are people from ST here. and of course gahment watching cs too...

    hwz is not spared too... just that CS isnt odexed yet... but should be. since this is photography community. not anime.
    interesting

  15. #235
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    wonder wad happens when d thousands of ppl who kenna sue meet & all band together. if each person fork out $30-$50 X ? number of ppl, cannot afford lawyer meh? think can even hire an accountant to keep financial record manz!

  16. #236
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Odex tries to counter this trick by giving them short deadlines to comply - essentially trying to pull pressure tactics on people.

  17. #237
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    hey glen be careful what you say here. Go mole from TNP spying on us. *points at cheesecake*
    me?

    TNP?




    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  18. #238
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    ha.. he is NOT from tnp for sure... but there are people from ST here. and of course gahment watching cs too...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  19. #239
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Hmmm... better check on the abstract gallery and see whether anyone posted pics of "licensed" anime merchandise...


    tas a'lil tricky and stretching it a'lil too far but hey... if they are that desperate enuff... they might be able to put one and one together and link the whole thing up!

    and voila! more lawsuits!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  20. #240

    Default Re: Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    tas a'lil tricky and stretching it a'lil too far but hey... if they are that desperate enuff... they might be able to put one and one together and link the whole thing up!

    and voila! more lawsuits!
    Exit strategy bro, exit strategy.

    Fleece'em then leave'em.

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •