Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: home cctv queries

Default Re: home cctv queries

Have a look at LIVECam(Value Added Services) in SingTel website. Can view live video from yr hp/pc. Subsription is relatively reasonable though u've to pay for the cameras (abt $300 wired & $370+ wireless). Can we hv a drink?
    Last edited by Fok Weng Wai; 17th August 2007 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    not sharing.i suspect she uses my expensive facial products.i myself use it in moderation, and suddenly i found it's depleting way faster than i can imagine...

mock up no point.

i know i cant be visually monitoring her but the live feeds tend to deter.
    no?
    Do you really need a live feed? If not, all you'll need are one, maybe two ultra small, wireless, static cameras pointed at specific spots with settings to record only on movement. This way you can get home in the evening to review the clips, which would only show recordings of when someone or something comes within recording range.

I did this about 4 years ago when I hired my first domestic helper to care for my 2-year-old kid. Our fear was that she would be inviting men into our home during the day as we weren't around but instead the cameras caught her abusing our kid.

Anyway, setting this up wasn't complicated back then and with the advancements in technology over the past four years, I'm pretty confident that you'd be able to find an off-the-shelf package in Sim Lim Square that would allow you to set this up within minutes.

_

you can just get any cheap $100 webcam and set it up with free motion detector software what. it only records when there is movement in the room.

hmmm... i tink you can try calling some of the security companies & enquire... I cannot believe Cisco does not have it, geez.

i tink chubb definitely has home cctv services. they are some other companies you can try calling up too... hmmm.. if m not mistaken ADDS, TYCO, Secure IT.. etc etc

agree with kelccm about the harddisk & DVR recording. at the end of the day jus sit infront of your puter & review back the whole day's recordings. at times, nice to play with the functions.
    whoopieGal:gbounce:
    We're so young and so gone, let's chase the dragon from our home...

I use this in my office....motion detect capturing with a PC or NAS...cost 1k+ with hardware and software...quality is good

http://www.axis.com/products/cam_210/index.htm

I would agree with Deadpixel.

All you need is about 2 to 3 cameras with wide-angle lenses and you'd have covered quite a bit of area. Have done this previously for a location and it works well. Just set it to record on loop and the HDD can actually cover about 1 whole week.

Installations whould only take less than a day...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

i called cisco.they do not have it.they have recommendations for people to install CCTV though.
    and it cost about 2k for 2 cameras complete with video recording.

thanks all for the options.i'll check them out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12