Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Audiophile CS-ers?

Haha it is a really terrible hobby. Together with Photography I believe it has burnt a huge hole in my financies. My hifi setup costed me around $5K and that's on used stuff. new it would cost me around $15K.

Originally posted by ckiang
    Warning: DO NOT attend hifi shows.
    Ha ha ha this sounds like the equivalent of "don't read clubsnap forums" for photography!

And mixing hifi and photography is BAD for the pocket!

Wait till someone start talking about cars

haha...my hifi requirements: just need 128kbps mp3s and $10 egg-shaped speakers can already

Originally posted by clive
    haha...my hifi requirements: just need 128kbps mp3s and $10 egg-shaped speakers can already
    You need better speakers. Can I interest you in the sleek, elegant Creative I-Trigue 2.1 3300?

Regards
    CK

hehehe... long ago i stopped buyig cds and started collecting mp3s; and i groove along with cheapo speakers for years already. cheap and clean.

You need better speakers. Can I interest you in the sleek, elegant Creative I-Trigue 2.1 3300?

Regards
    CK
    Err...you called that a speaker????
    I called it a noise maker!

Wahhh, u dont be so mean lah
    Been to the webbie as stated, it looks really sleek tho. And from its specs i think its performance would be ok loh. Of cos not comparable to High Fidelity quality, but i think its definitely acceptable as a pc speaker.

Originally posted by scanner
    Err...you called that a speaker????
    I called it a noise maker!
    Hey, I tested it against the ATP3/4 and it's miles better man. I got the chance to test it before it was even released, it can even blow your mini compo away.

Buy lar!

Regards
    CK

Hey, I tested it against the ATP3/4 and it's miles better man.I got the chance to test it before it was even released, it can even blow your mini compo away.

Buy lar!

Regards
    CK
    Hahaha.... sorry man! I dun listen to mini compo.
    Err...how do you compare it to maybe a entry level audiophile system?
    It is definitely a noise maker.
    Better run away before Ckiang come chasing me.
    Have you tried it with say any audiophile CDs?
    How deos it sound? Bright?

Hahaha.... sorry man! I dun listen to mini compo.
    Err...how do you compare it to maybe a entry level audiophile system?
    It is definitely a noise maker.
    Better run away before Ckiang come chasing me.
    Have you tried it with say any audiophile CDs?
    How deos it sound? Bright?
    Crystal clear high, smooth fluid mids. Very good for vocals. My entry level audiophile system sounds a bit better but for a PC speaker system, it isn't bad. Can't really remember what I tested it with (was so long ago). Personally don't like overly bright systems, and this one didn't bother me, so should be okay lar.

Regards
    CK

Hey, I tested it against the ATP3/4 and it's miles better man. I got the chance to test it before it was even released, it can even blow your mini compo away.

Buy lar!

Regards
    CK

Hmm... Can it beat Denon DM-31?
    That is a really quite a good mini-compo.

I dunno why, but I don't really think that Creative speakers are good in the first place... The only ones that I think are on par with the other hi-end multimedia brands (like Klipsch and Videologic and the selling-like-hotcakes Logitech Z580) is the Megaworks 550D....

But the ultimate hardcore method is to plug your PC to a full fledged system... heh!

Originally posted by SNAG
    Hmm... Can it beat Denon DM-31?
    That is a really quite a good mini-compo.

I dunno why, but I don't really think that Creative speakers are good in the first place... The only ones that I think are on par with the other hi-end multimedia brands (like Klipsch and Videologic and the selling-like-hotcakes Logitech Z580) is the Megaworks 550D....

But the ultimate hardcore method is to plug your PC to a full fledged system... heh!
    No comments, have not heard the DM-31.

Well, the few Creative speakers which I think are good (and I do have pretty high audio standards though different set of standards when comparing real hifis vs pc speakers) are Megaworks 550D, the old MicroWorks, SoundWorks Digital, and this I-Trigue. Most shops don't know how to tune their speakers properly (usually overly boomy/bright) and play junk on them (what I called "ah beng gua" )

Logitech and Videologic I have not heard, but Klipsh is pretty good. As for the popular Altec Lansing, heard many of them, but didn't think they are any good. The ATP3/4, the lastest funny looking thing which looks like a fencer's mask, all didn't sound good to me.

And yes, ultimate will be to digital out your PC to a 24/192 external DAC, to a pre/power combo, then to speakers of your choice.

Regards
    CK

No comments, have not heard the DM-31.

And yes, ultimate will be to digital out your PC to a 24/192 external DAC, to a pre/power combo, then to speakers of your choice.
    Regards
    CK
    Err...might as welll invest in a Home Threater system, then can play AC3 Audio CDs, that what I called digital.

However, as a audiophile, I would rather use analog connection. The sound is much better than a transitor sound.
    Maybe one of these day, we can sit down to talk about HIFI other than photography.

Default DIY

Hi... I'm trying to do my first DIY project now.
    Where can I buy chemical that I need to make my PCB in singapore? (ferrit chlorite)

Default Re: DIY

Originally posted by popeye
    Where can I buy chemical that I need to make my PCB in singapore? (ferrit chlorite)
    Wah... hardcore ah???

Err...might as welll invest in a Home Threater system, then can play AC3 Audio CDs, that what I called digital.

However, as a audiophile, I would rather use analog connection. The sound is much better than a transitor sound.
    Maybe one of these day, we can sit down to talk about HIFI other than photography.
    Oh my god... Is this another "Film VS Digital" debate?
    I'll definitely give the speakers a good audition...

Just to ask, anyone knows where to get a serious audition on mini compos?
    I want to audition the DM-31, but I can't seem to find any place that has the environment for a serious audition...

mmm... yes, I also agree that analog sound is much better than digital-audio (PCM 16bit/44.1K), and far better than MP3.
    And yes, tube sound is better than transistor.

Oi, better don't start. Otherwise, we will have fortnightly HIFI SEEDs liao.

(buy cable, buy tube, buy accessory, buy speaker, CD player, CD tweaks, etc etc )

Regards
    CK

Default Re: DIY

Originally posted by popeye
    More than 10 years ago, Ferric Chloride is no longer sold in Singapore. Can no longer DIY PCBs easily. About the only choice is point-to-point wiring on a wirewrap board. That chemical is highly corrosive!

Regards
    CK

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast