Thread: PSP or Nintendo DS Lite?

Default PSP or Nintendo DS Lite?

Hi,

I am getting a portable game gear and having hard time deciding on which one? I have done some recce on both and found that NDSL got more games and the games are cheaper too, whereas PSP's screen is bigger but fewer games selections and each game is more expensive. Which one do is buyable and suitable for 28 year old boy?

Default Re: PSP or Nintendo DS Lite?

same age group. I tried both and I bought a NDS lite..
    Reason being it has more interactive games. The mic, flip and touch screen is ultimate combination.

Some say they go for 'graphics' that's why they bought PSP, but seriously, when playing games, you wun notice how wonderful the leaf on the tree was drawn and whether it is 3D rendered because the screen is still ultimately small.

If you like graphics and be seen with a 'cool' gear - PSP
    If you like game play and a portable device - NDS Lite
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

to share with your gf, NDS. to play on your own, PSP/NDS.

I chose NDS Lite over PSP and still playing. It's really feature packed.

aiyoh... i just bought a PSP. haven't really explore its functionalities yet. i think it's kinda nice lah. the graphics and stuff. i'm a graphics buff... so PSP is the one for me.

Thanks for all input. I notice that the NDSL only have 3 months warranty and is NOT by Nintendo, so I asked the salemean why he said he don't know also. Strange leh, I always thought original electronic products purchased locally should come with a 1 yr warranty. What happen if the NDSL spoils on the 4th mth? I think I will get the PSP due to the 1 yr warranty as I am a "rough" guy.

Quote Originally Posted by canonikon View Post
    Thanks for all input. I notice that the NDSL only have 3 months warranty and is NOT by Nintendo, so I asked the salemean why he said he don't know also. Strange leh, I always thought original electronic products purchased locally should come with a 1 yr warranty. What happen if the NDSL spoils on the 4th mth? I think I will get the PSP due to the 1 yr warranty as I am a "rough" guy.

should be water goods

Quote Originally Posted by cwtan12 View Post
    should be water goods
    the thing is I can't seems to find any places that sell NDSL with 1 yr warranty, everywhere I go also 3 mths warranty only and some shops dun even give warranty but they sell you a bit cheaper. anyone knows what's is going on with Nintendo? hmm...

the distributor maxsoft only gave 3 months warrenty, so there's no where else you can find 1 year warrenty

Quote Originally Posted by canonikon View Post
    the thing is I can't seems to find any places that sell NDSL with 1 yr warranty, everywhere I go also 3 mths warranty only and some shops dun even give warranty but they sell you a bit cheaper. anyone knows what's is going on with Nintendo? hmm...
    In HK, it's 1yr warranty. Water goods get 1yr shop warranty.

too bad we got a screwed up distributor in maxsoft. gave only 3 months, wii also bundle with those weird stuff. sigh

3mths warranty ok wat. Normally, these type of things, if spoil, within a short while you will notice one. If after one month still ok, should be ok liao, as long as you don't drop it or bang around.
    Last time I bought my GBA from Seow Choon, no warranty even. Ask me to check on the spot the LCD ok and buttons all ok, can load game, that's it liao. No problems after that also.

PSP.PSP is a mile ahead and can play ISO and a lot of modding can be done.

QUOTE=Kid Shotter;3313726]PSP.PSP is a mile ahead and can play ISO and a lot of modding can be done.[/QUOTE]

PSP for me too, no modding needed as i only play Fifa soccer

Hehehe.... PSP for me too... can't go without it when I travel between office and home.

Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    QUOTE=Kid Shotter;3313726]PSP.PSP is a mile ahead and can play ISO and a lot of modding can be done.
    PSP for me too, no modding needed as i only play Fifa soccer
    Me too, bought abt 2weeks still no time to read thru manual on 'on-screen-keypad' to type, PSP for me & my son. Yaaahh, Fifa soccer go go go.....goals into the net!!!
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)