Thread: CBD.

Default CBD.

To stir a gloomy and eerie feeling whereby the branches seem to 'creep' and overwhelm e buildings. hence, e coloration of the picture and e tone of the sky and cloud patterns.
    what is your take on this?
    Last edited by NightZ88; 15th August 2007 at 01:32 PM.

Default Re: CBD.

This pic doesn't work for me. Give me a cramped feeling. Maybe it would be better if you frame the branch at 1 corner and not "cutting" the building.

as per guidelines http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=273376 please include a short writeup for the picture, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    This pic doesn't work for me. Give me a cramped feeling. Maybe it would be better if you frame the branch at 1 corner and not "cutting" the building.
    okiez.. thanks for the advice. will look into it next time..

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    as per guidelines http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=273376 please include a short writeup for the picture, thanks
    noted and amended..

The branches work for me.
    but the buildings... look like just underexposed blocks sticking up O.o

since it's in sepia, i think dun hv to take facing the sunlight, probably the reason why everything is so dark.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZ88 View Post
    To stir a gloomy and eerie feeling whereby the branches seem to 'creep' and overwhelm e buildings. hence, e coloration of the picture and e tone of the sky and cloud patterns.
    this picture works for me - but i don't get the gloomy and eerie feeling you have intended the viewer to get.

composition wise it's pretty well-balanced, and overall an effective shot.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZ88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by schon View Post
    this picture works for me - but i don't get the gloomy and eerie feeling you have intended the viewer to get.

composition wise it's pretty well-balanced, and overall an effective shot.
    Hi Night,

as with Schon, apart from the coloration and tone i don't think the composition is really effective in reflecting gloomy and eerieness. Rather, i felt that the strong contrast between the rectilinear building form and the rather organic branches was quite delightful. Overall, i like the composition but i find it hard to relate to the idea.

Bern

thanks guys for e comments.. initially i thought it would seem gloomy. but e more i look at it, e less gloomy it seems..

Same here. I feel that the photo is not that eerie and gloomy, but the composition is rather pleasing. The branch criss-crossing in front of the building on the extreme right ruins the photo a little, but otherwise, it's a nice photo.

How does this image look in colour?
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

While this is a good effort in creating a gloomy effect, your title doesn't really bring that across. I am sure there is always a better angle to take this shot by moving around... like you could try moving more to your right and tilting your cam more to your left down.

You have also lost the original intention of using sepia as this is more silhouetted than sepia.
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|