Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toys grown men play

Default Re: Toys grown men play

Quote Originally Posted by htthach View Post
    pets? (dogs, fish tank, etc.)
    I think keeping like cheapo goldfish should not be included because they are not serious men toys....
    but I think those impressive aquariums are something else... so I have included those.

As for pets... yes... I know of men who keep dogs, train them well, and spend a lot of time with them. Actually, I have not known men who are proud of their cats, but I'll include them anyway, though I think cats are more like sissy toys (might as well collect Barbie dolls).

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    That's not common. Some people collect Barbie dolls, but let's not go there either.
    Condom collection can a not?
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by cwtan12 View Post
    Nothing great about it but the attraction is not explainable in words. I only own one Panerai. I like it because I can play straps with it. I have been a fan of leather for a long time. Those belongs to my buddy of 25 years. Maybe these forum explain better.. www.paneristi.com and www.viapaneristi.com
    They look nice... Although I do not share your passion for them, I can certainly understand why you like them. Hope you send them for servicing once in a while.

I have a friend who inherited his dad's Rolex, which has not been serviced for decades. Then he took it swimming. What an idiot right? Well, that watch is now not serviceable... at least not economically.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Condom collection can a not?
    Can... but I need to start another thread... Maybe you can do that? Can call it, "Strange Singaporean Hobbies" or similar.

That should be interesting.

Wah... this is getting tough... I was looking for common toys... so things like islands, weapons, horse keeping, etc... would be out.
    For men... so things like diamonds, shoes etc... would be out since these are largely women's toys.
    Cigars is boderline... because I think it's not so popular yet... but since wine is, perhaps I should just include it to be safe.
    Books are not toys because they are too respectable to be considered play.
    Remote control kites are fads... so I think it should not be included.
    Property.... well... it's more like investment/consumption. I don't think people actually play with their houses.

I don't know about mistresses... but I think it should be excluded out of respect for women.

Model kits? I think most of us stop playing with these when we grow up.

That leaves us with:
    Antiques (includes artifacts)
    Art collection (includes paintings)
    Actually I would disagree with you on some mentioned above.

Properties can be speculate which the rich loves that a lot. I have not just know one but a couple of super rich men who does nothing but buying and selling houses. Literally like playing Monopoly.

Mistress is another one which they do a lot (I still respect them of course) but I tell you it's a lot. And they change hands like buying stock in the stock exchange. (Apologise if i say it in a crude manner)

I am partly in the F&B world, so wines are partly things which they invest but drink as well. Some wine are as well bought at a low price and sold later at a high price. They love to buy and sell as well.

What happend to cars? Cars are always an part of the rich and famous. They love it a lot.

Not all books are for reading. Some people collect rare books and some are just printed in limited quantity.

I have seen someone collect Star Wars toys. And I mean those which are exact replica of the real Star Wars. If you see in Kinokuniya Orchard sell at rediculous price.

As you wanted to ask what men play, this is what they really play. This are all true facts as I have witness it myself.
    Last edited by Godzilla Invades; 15th August 2007 at 05:57 PM.

They look nice... Although I do not share your passion for them, I can certainly understand why you like them. Hope you send them for servicing once in a while.

I have a friend who inherited his dad's Rolex, which has not been serviced for decades. Then he took it swimming. What an idiot right? Well, that watch is now not serviceable... at least not economically.
    In fact I dont know why some of them are so crazy about it. I know someone who has 30 of them. It's just like coleecting Swatch but cost 50 times more in general. Those having this hobby will take a good care of their watches.

Others that i can think of are:

1. Wild orchids

2. Collecting insects

3. Wild fishes - I am one of those who love wild bettas or fighting fish. I started photography because wanted to take photos of fishes. However, my phototaking skill is still too poor.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234