Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Honda Super4 Spec2 "Noisy Engine"

  1. #1
    MrGadget
    Guests

    Default Honda Super4 Spec2 "Noisy Engine"

    Just trying my luck here....Anyone here riding Honda Super4 Spec2 and had this problem also?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Noisy? What do u mean by noisy?

    I ride a spec I, no problems w/ noise.

  3. #3
    MrGadget
    Guests

    Default

    When on idling.........always can hear "ticking" sound somewhere from the bottom of the engine.

    This is the second time i do oil change, I noticed after a new oil change the "ticking" get more louder.

    help help help..

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Originally posted by MrGadget
    When on idling.........always can hear "ticking" sound somewhere from the bottom of the engine.

    This is the second time i do oil change, I noticed after a new oil change the "ticking" get more louder.

    help help help..
    I'm not sure what sound you're talking about but super4s have got this "tink tink tink" sound - something like the honda phantom. Is that what u're describing?

    In any case, just for a check, u DIY the oil change I suppose? Used the correct quantity? 3.2 L w/ filter, 3 L w/o.

  5. #5
    MrGadget
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by imaginary_number
    I'm not sure what sound you're talking about but super4s have got this "tink tink tink" sound - something like the honda phantom. Is that what u're describing?

    In any case, just for a check, u DIY the oil change I suppose? Used the correct quantity? 3.2 L w/ filter, 3 L w/o.

    No leh.....I change oil at "BOON SIEW" that "OLD foreman there" always said it is normal.

    Tomorrow I will head down there again to confirm with them again. Sad to say now ticking sound quite loud. Hope that they KNOW how to repair it. Btw, I am very indoubt on their skills and knowledge. Haizzzzzzzzzzz

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Originally posted by MrGadget
    No leh.....I change oil at "BOON SIEW" that "OLD foreman there" always said it is normal.

    Tomorrow I will head down there again to confirm with them again. Sad to say now ticking sound quite loud. Hope that they KNOW how to repair it. Btw, I am very indoubt on their skills and knowledge. Haizzzzzzzzzzz
    Oh, u bought ur bike from Boon Siew?

    Btw, stock bikes shouldn't give problems, especially if serviced by Boon Siew - unless you did some modifications yourself.

    If you need a second opinion though, u can always drop by the workshops at AV - some of the mechs over there are pretty good as well.

  7. #7
    MrGadget
    Guests

    Default

    Yes, I bought my bike at Boon siew. Now i felt quite regretted buying from them.

    May I know is AV located?

    Many thanks

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Originally posted by MrGadget
    Yes, I bought my bike at Boon siew. Now i felt quite regretted buying from them.

    May I know is AV located?

    Many thanks
    Well, it's not exactly that bad buying from Boon Siew.

    There're people who prefer to get their bikes from sole agents rather than parallel imports for a piece of mind. Additionally, you can be assured that their technicians are all trained and certified by Honda.

    I've heard rumours that parallel imports are actually refurbished 2nd hand bikes from Japan - But since they going at lower prices, it doesn't really matter to a lot people out there including myself.

    AV is Alexandra Village - you can try Universal Motors (that's where I usually service my bike). The mechs there are not bad - there's this mech called Ah Peng who rides an S4 himself so I usually prefer to ask him to do up my bike for me.

  9. #9
    MrGadget
    Guests

    Default

    Pray that the sound remains when i reached Boon Siew tomorrow.

    Thanks again.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Originally posted by MrGadget
    Pray that the sound remains when i reached Boon Siew tomorrow.

    Thanks again.
    You're welcome.

    Ride safely, pal

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    A tiny island called Singapore
    Posts
    112

    Default Re: Honda Super4 Spec2 "Noisy Engine"

    Originally posted by MrGadget
    Just trying my luck here....Anyone here riding Honda Super4 Spec2 and had this problem also?
    I'm riding a Spec 2. Dun think my bike have the ticking sound u mentioned.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    A tiny island called Singapore
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Originally posted by imaginary_number

    I've heard rumours that parallel imports are actually refurbished 2nd hand bikes from Japan - But since they going at lower prices, it doesn't really matter to a lot people out there including myself.
    is it? how true is tat rumours? just curious to know. and what's the price diff between the parallel imports and from sole agents?

  13. #13

    Default

    So looks like there are only 4 hyper vtecs in this forum ??


    oooh hey, i just thought of an idea. How about a short trip/tour to neighbouring country for a nice scenery shoot + Makan ?

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by tsystem
    So looks like there are only 4 hyper vtecs in this forum ??

    oooh hey, i just thought of an idea. How about a short trip/tour to neighbouring country for a nice scenery shoot + Makan ?
    That sounds like a pretty good idea actually! (PS: Hopefully, no one views such an outing as being elitist)

    Kidding!

    PS: You guys do that, bring back some nice pictures and ride safely yah?

    Wonders if there are any ST 11 or ST 13 owners here...

    Disclaimer: I don't own a bike.
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 17th April 2003 at 05:01 PM.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  15. #15

    Default

    no elitism involved

    was just hoping of a quick little trip to makan nice seafood and to snap some nice scenery

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Originally posted by chilli padi
    is it? how true is tat rumours? just curious to know. and what's the price diff between the parallel imports and from sole agents?
    Well, I believe there's some truth in it - perhaps for those blacklisted shops.

    In the context of bikes, parallel imports can cost easily >1k lower than those from the sole agent, at least, according to what I enquired.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Originally posted by tsystem
    was just hoping of a quick little trip to makan nice seafood and to snap some nice scenery
    Well, I would like to see a panning shot of 3 or 4 super4s in a row

  18. #18
    MrGadget
    Guests

    Default

    Maybe we can meet and I also can compare with your bike.

  19. #19

    Default

    I dont have any experience with Boon Siew but I have heard that their technicians are not that well-trained.

    Dont judge a book by it's cover

    Universal's not bad, I sold my bike to them 2yrs ago.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    A tiny island called Singapore
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Originally posted by imaginary_number
    Well, I would like to see a panning shot of 3 or 4 super4s in a row
    that will be something~!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •