Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Graphic Novels

Default Re: Graphic Novels

Quote Originally Posted by TheoDR View Post
    Heh, I browsed through it at the store, mostly dark humour etc. Maybe more for zombie fans since the art isn't really fantastic. The shop guy was telling me the MZombies I got was the 5th printing and that he already had trouble bringing in the 3rd and 4th printings as they were cancelled by the supplier. Maybe not enough stock or something.. If you can find a 1st printing, should be something of a cult collector item methinks..
    No its because the series was a huge hit for marvel in the us. Even after reading it i have to say that it was waaaay overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    No its because the series was a huge hit for marvel in the us. Even after reading it i have to say that it was waaaay overrated.
    LOL! Probably! But to "complete" the zombie thing I'll have to get the crossover with Army of Darkness as well, heh!

LOL! Probably! But to "complete" the zombie thing I'll have to get the crossover with Army of Darkness as well, heh!
    now that cross over was actually a good read and very funny at that.

Morning everyone! A quick question, for the Silver Surfer Omnibus Vol. 1, which one is likely to have more collector's value? The variant cover? Or the standard cover? *blur*

Standard cover:
    # Hardcover: 576 pages
    # Publisher: Marvel Comics; SILVER SURFER OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC (Standard Cover) edition (June 6, 2007)
    # Language: English
    # ISBN-10: 0785127526
    # ISBN-13: 978-0785127529
    # Product Dimensions: 11.2 x 7.6 x 1.6 inches

Variant:
    # Publisher: Marvel Comics (June 6, 2007)
    # ISBN-10: 0785127534
    # ISBN-13: 978-0785127536

Hmm not sure if Ombibus' have much collector's value. The original issues maybe... Depends on which is more limited I guess.

Hehe, just returned from my fave shop with the original intention of just getting Batman/Lobo and some backing boards, but the moment I stepped through the door, I saw this in nice shiny blue letters: MARVEL 1602, NEIL GAIMAN. Woah!!! That of course got my interest! The story is set 4 centuries into the past, involving Spider-Man, X-Men, Daredevil, the Fantastic Four etc etc. With it being "pencilled by Andy Kubert and digitally painted by Richard Isanove", this book was literally screaming "GET MEEEEEEEE!!!"

I haven't gotten any of Neil Gaiman's (NG) works before, but this should be a good start. Mmmm, can't wait to get reading!

Marvel 1602 Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_1602

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Hmm not sure if Ombibus' have much collector's value. The original issues maybe... Depends on which is more limited I guess.
    Think I probably won't get it liao.. since if I do get it, its just because I wanted to collect it without any real interest in SSurfer..

Hehe, just returned from my fave shop with the original intention of just getting Batman/Lobo and some backing boards, but the moment I stepped through the door, I saw this in nice shiny blue letters: MARVEL 1602, NEIL GAIMAN. Woah!!! That of course got my interest! The story is set 4 centuries into the past, involving Spider-Man, X-Men, Daredevil, the Fantastic Four etc etc. With it being "pencilled by Andy Kubert and digitally painted by Richard Isanove", this book was literally screaming "GET MEEEEEEEE!!!"

I haven't gotten any of Neil Gaiman's (NG) works before, but this should be a good start. Mmmm, can't wait to get reading!

Marvel 1602 Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_1602
    1602 was over rated...seriously

Morning everyone! A quick question, for the Silver Surfer Omnibus Vol. 1, which one is likely to have more collector's value? The variant cover? Or the standard cover? *blur*

Standard cover:
    # Publisher: Marvel Comics; SILVER SURFER OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC (Standard Cover) edition (June 6, 2007)
    # ISBN-10: 0785127526
    # ISBN-13: 978-0785127529
    # Product Dimensions: 11.2 x 7.6 x 1.6 inches

Variant:
    # Publisher: Marvel Comics (June 6, 2007)
    # ISBN-10: 0785127534
    # ISBN-13: 978-0785127536
    I used to get variant covers just to complete the collection. until i decided to save $$.
    my advice is to get variants only IF you like the artist. if not, it would sort of be a waste of your $$.

DC rarely did variants. now, they are awash with it. sad.
    IMO, they are doing it to garner sales and hype.
    variants are worth for 2 things - artist, and print ratio.
    its value will rise with their signatures as well.

signatures and variants kept me saving! hahaha
    The sooner you get it, the longer you enjoy it.
    I welcome you @ www.benaw.zenfolio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Benji77 View Post
    I used to get variant covers just to complete the collection. until i decided to save $$.
    my advice is to get variants only IF you like the artist. if not, it would sort of be a waste of your $$.

DC rarely did variants. now, they are awash with it. sad.
    IMO, they are doing it to garner sales and hype.
    variants are worth for 2 things - artist, and print ratio.
    its value will rise with their signatures as well.

signatures and variants kept me saving! hahaha
    variants are one thing but signatures will get you more money in the long run. Go to a con!

variants are one thing but signatures will get you more money in the long run. Go to a con!
    cant afford a holiday!
    but after i get my hands on the copy that i want, i dont think i can bear to sell it.
    esp if i like the work of the artist.

cant afford a holiday!
    but after i get my hands on the copy that i want, i dont think i can bear to sell it.
    esp if i like the work of the artist.
    scrimp and buy less camera stuff then i'll tell you though if you go to a con better bring along at least $1000...for hotel n stuff you will definitely buy at the con...and trust me...you will buy alot of stuff!
    Last edited by garou12; 26th August 2007 at 04:48 PM.

scrimp and buy less camera stuff then i'll tell you though if you go to a con better bring along at least $1000...for hotel n stuff you will definitely buy at the con...and trust me...you will buy alot of stuff!
    IF i ever go to a con, i will backpack, stay in the cheapest yet reasonable motel, and buy whatever i can/like with my $$. Queue up hours for a signature also worth it..haha

and the cons they have in america is just amazing. so many, and yet so frequent. if singapore ever has one, i am sure to go. but then again, we know that is all very very hard.

IF i ever go to a con, i will backpack, stay in the cheapest yet reasonable motel, and buy whatever i can/like with my $$. Queue up hours for a signature also worth it..haha

and the cons they have in america is just amazing. so many, and yet so frequent. if singapore ever has one, i am sure to go. but then again, we know that is all very very hard.
    you want to back pack and stay at cheap hotel then expect to stay far away fro mthe con centre...apparently there was a con here 2 years ago, Keith Giffen told me that he came here for it.

Last series or two that I read were Lucifer and 100 Bullets.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Urgh, feeling under the weather today. Went to bed after sch and thought I heard a car drive up the driveway but didn't bother... Hehe, but checked the door just now and voilaaaaaaaa!!!

I was talking to one of the guys at Comic Zone here in Perth and he said talks are under way for a comic con here, other than the usual Sydney etc. If they really had one here, it'd be awesome too!

Urgh, feeling under the weather today. Went to bed after sch and thought I heard a car drive up the driveway but didn't bother... Hehe, but checked the door just now and voilaaaaaaaa!!!

I was talking to one of the guys at Comic Zone here in Perth and he said talks are under way for a comic con here, other than the usual Sydney etc. If they really had one here, it'd be awesome too!
    i'd be more interested in the guest list since few people in the industry are from or based in australia...nicola scott is the only one that i know of...

I only read a few titles before but i really like them.. Sandman, 300, V for Vendetta and Sin City..
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

Here as in Perth? Pity.. wish there was one in SG.

Woot, yup, here as in Perth.

Oh ya, this finally came in last Fri

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast