Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Graphic Novels

Default Re: Graphic Novels

quite nice reads you have!
    Batman's Killing Joke is excellent.

keep them! dont sell! they take up space, but worth keeping!
    i know coz i running out of space! hahaha
    The sooner you get it, the longer you enjoy it.
    I welcome you @ www.benaw.zenfolio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Benji77 View Post

they'd be worth alot more if you can get them signed. Man the lines at the cons were looooooong but the experience of drinking and talking with the people in the industry is worth the cost in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    Its Bizarro! Although i wasn't using Bizarro speak with you
    Oops, hehe :P

I've Planet Hulk hardcover and the Marvel Zombies + Marvel Zombies/Army of Darkness hardcovers lined up in my crosshairs. Hurhurhurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Benji77 View Post

LOL no intention of selling my precioussssssssss

they'd be worth alot more if you can get them signed. Man the lines at the cons were looooooong but the experience of drinking and talking with the people in the industry is worth the cost in my opinion.
    Oh man, imagine getting all my Frank Miller and Alan Moore stuff signed!! And I've got a couple of first prints some more.. woohoo...

I used to like those when they were just comic books.

I probably have most everything from DC from 1971 through 1974.

Lately, it seems that the stories are even darker and the books are thinner but much more expensive.

theodr..... asgm~! :P
    chezburgr i can haz?

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    I used to like those when they were just comic books.

I probably have most everything from DC from 1971 through 1974.

Lately, it seems that the stories are even darker and the books are thinner but much more expensive.
    Whoa... wanna contribute to the TheoDR Library For The Greater Good? LOL!! Heh, I remember those campy Batman telly shows and comics with all the "POW!!!" etc etc And the overemphasis of "Bat" stuff like "I will use my Bat-rope to swing over and then throw my Batarangs at him and make good my escape with a few Bat-smokebombs!"

Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    theodr..... asgm~! :P
    LOL, yes please

Quote Originally Posted by TheoDR View Post
    Oh man, imagine getting all my Frank Miller and Alan Moore stuff signed!! And I've got a couple of first prints some more.. woohoo...
    Get luck getting either of them to sign your stuff, Miller's barely around comic stuff since Sin City took off and Moore's a recluse.

Get luck getting either of them to sign your stuff, Miller's barely around comic stuff since Sin City took off and Moore's a recluse.
    Hmm..wish they did what Stephen King did leh.. he was in Australia covertly autographing his new book series and was actually mistaken as a vandal!

Whoa... wanna contribute to the TheoDR Library For The Greater Good? LOL!! Heh, I remember those campy Batman telly shows and comics with all the "POW!!!" etc etc And the overemphasis of "Bat" stuff like "I will use my Bat-rope to swing over and then throw my Batarangs at him and make good my escape with a few Bat-smokebombs!"
    Yes, the 1960s had some wild t.v. with Batman and the Green Hornet, although the Green Hornet was serious. They even did some cross pollination and had some Batman-Green Hornet episodes. Green Hornet was a big deal for me in the U.S.A. because it had an Asian--Bruce Lee--in it. I heard he later did some films. There weren't many positive Asian role models in the U.S.A. then. Looking back at some of the jokes on Batman, some were quite adult for the time. Oh, and Robin had a meet-and-greet in a department store in the town where I lived around 1972.

I bet you'd like those comic books. I don't look too often but they're still fun. When it started to be expensive, I quit. I have some with a big "52 pages for 25 cents" on them. When I started buying them, I really had to wait for the 10 cents per week allowance to add up. My adoptive parents would sometimes relent and buy me one, even when I didn't have the money.

Hmm..wish they did what Stephen King did leh.. he was in Australia covertly autographing his new book series and was actually mistaken as a vandal!
    they don't coz they're not attention seekers like mr king

Uhh, went to the comic shop to get a box and some plastic holders... and sufficient to say, I got distracted. Make that, DISTRACTED.

Hahaha Marvel Zombies - have heard a lot about it, never read it before, looks interesting and alternative though.

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Yes, the 1960s had some wild t.v. with Batman and the Green Hornet, although the Green Hornet was serious. They even did some cross pollination and had some Batman-Green Hornet episodes. Green Hornet was a big deal for me in the U.S.A. because it had an Asian--Bruce Lee--in it. I heard he later did some films. There weren't many positive Asian role models in the U.S.A. then. Looking back at some of the jokes on Batman, some were quite adult for the time. Oh, and Robin had a meet-and-greet in a department store in the town where I lived around 1972.

I bet you'd like those comic books. I don't look too often but they're still fun. When it started to be expensive, I quit. I have some with a big "52 pages for 25 cents" on them. When I started buying them, I really had to wait for the 10 cents per week allowance to add up. My adoptive parents would sometimes relent and buy me one, even when I didn't have the money.
    Hmm ya, comics are always expensive when you're young... LOL, I'm playing a little catch up now

they don't coz they're not attention seekers like mr king
    Haha! But argh... wish some of my stuff was autographed!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Hahaha Marvel Zombies - have heard a lot about it, never read it before, looks interesting and alternative though.
    Heh, I browsed through it at the store, mostly dark humour etc. Maybe more for zombie fans since the art isn't really fantastic. The shop guy was telling me the MZombies I got was the 5th printing and that he already had trouble bringing in the 3rd and 4th printings as they were cancelled by the supplier. Maybe not enough stock or something.. If you can find a 1st printing, should be something of a cult collector item methinks..

Haha! But argh... wish some of my stuff was autographed!
    save your mulah and go to a con then. Worth the trip.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast