Thread: Recommendation for PnS/Semi-Pro Camera

Default Recommendation for PnS/Semi-Pro Camera

Hi fellow CSers... my friend will like to get a camera... but he don't really know much about cameras... any kind souls here can recommend him any camera with a price ranging between $300-$600???

Personally i will recommend him Canon S5... but i dunno how much is that... Will like to see more recommendations from you guys??? Any???
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8

Default Re: Recommendation for PnS/Semi-Pro Camera

I don't think S5 would fall in that range. By the way, are you sure the friend *wants* a semi-pro? A lot of people find a camera that can fit in a pocket much easier to "keep", and S5 ain't such a one.

Quote Originally Posted by JinmingGM View Post
    Hi fellow CSers... my friend will like to get a camera... but he don't really know much about cameras... any kind souls here can recommend him any camera with a price ranging between $300-$600???

Personally i will recommend him Canon S5... but i dunno how much is that... Will like to see more recommendations from you guys??? Any???
    Get your friend to register here as a forumer. He then can ask all the questions or look up the questions around here.
    Go to this site, go to tutorial ...
    http://www.aguntherphotography.com/

Good place to learn some stuff...

Google others ...
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by JinmingGM View Post

Quote Originally Posted by estel View Post
    I don't think S5 would fall in that range. By the way, are you sure the friend *wants* a semi-pro? A lot of people find a camera that can fit in a pocket much easier to "keep", and S5 ain't such a one.
    yes, agree with estel G7 if your friend wants a semi-pro(in 'Magenta') coz it's smaller than S5 but price range is out too, if not, may chk it out on Fujifilm's PnS(latest models too with stabilizer).
    Last edited by blueskye168; 14th August 2007 at 08:42 AM.
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Better still go to the Buy & Sell Section and look for a good S2/S3 IS to play around with first.

Saw one S2 IS selling for $320 there.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

ok... will revert it to my friend... thanks all =D
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8