Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling photos on stock photo sites

Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    Its an image search engine, and match may be probabilistic; also as its in beta they may still be tuning their engine. I think there is no 100% guarantee of finding a particular image.
    noticed it was beta but still it is inconsistent then with the search since we both were looking for the same picture.

found any of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    noticed it was beta but still it is inconsistent then with the search since we both were looking for the same picture.

found any of yours?
    have not got invite.

its probably probabilistic so not always the same match turns up, if at all, and the algo could have changed between the times you both searched the same picture.

beta means there is no guarantee for anything

hmm apparently i did exactly the same but couldnt find it, i remember i searched that picture before and no results turned out.
    Looks like you are searching a different image.. I was searching for this
    http://www.dreamstime.com/to-the-right-image2673692
    I did that again and it still shows me the same results. I notice that you have a similar photo in your portfolio which has more downloads.. this one has only 4 downloads..

Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    have not got invite.

its probably probabilistic so not always the same match turns up, if at all, and the algo could have changed between the times you both searched the same picture.

beta means there is no guarantee for anything
    I received the invite almost within a few minutes. really beta indeed haha varies for invitation too

Quote Originally Posted by mohanrek View Post
    Looks like you are searching a different image.. I was searching for this
    http://www.dreamstime.com/to-the-right-image2673692
    I did that again and it still shows me the same results. I notice that you have a similar photo in your portfolio which has more downloads.. this one has only 4 downloads..
    its the same picture, i have the same one on istock which sold a few hundred copies but couldnt find it at all

And if you want to know, straits time uses alot of istock photos but dreamstime is way better :P

Quote Originally Posted by labla View Post
    And if you want to know, straits time uses alot of istock photos but dreamstime is way better :P
    noticed that too, why do you say dt is betteR?

I am more curious how u know ST uses alot of istock photos

Quote Originally Posted by slaam View Post
    I am more curious how u know ST uses alot of istock photos
    Hi. I just saw at the bottom of each photo. You could go have a look alot of them especially from Digital Life has ISTOCK. YEP

Hi. I just saw at the bottom of each photo. You could go have a look alot of them especially from Digital Life has ISTOCK. YEP
    yep, lots of them indeed. but u haven't answer my question why Dreamstime is better? or what made you think so? curious to know more

yep, lots of them indeed. but u haven't answer my question why Dreamstime is better? or what made you think so? curious to know more
    I dunno i tried both and istock just has TOO MUCH and i seriously mean too much "security" or processes even before you can upload photos. but dreamstime also has it's down side that it's upload pending takesforever

ST and Today both use alot of stock photos. iStock is still way better than DT for me, get way bigger payouts way faster! And thats what matters.

i heard of some people sell their photo for $5000-$10000 , where do they submit or host their photos? stock photography is like you get a few cents for per download. how do i sell at higher price?

rephrase:

i heard of some people sell "a" photo for $5000-$10000 , where do they submit or host their photo? stock photography is like you get a few cents for per download. how/where do i sell "a" photo at higher price?

Agree totally, it is a long term investment, no instant returns if you are desperate. I upload to Dreamstime and istockphoto and I've got only abt 86 on dreamstime and 30+ on istock

total so far made about $30 USD, slow but nevertheless possible
    What kind of terms are involved? Or do you just register & upload?
    Thanks ... Linda ... photographer Abu Dhabi
    Everyday is a winding road.
    photographer dubai

Quote Originally Posted by Lwilliams View Post
    What kind of terms are involved? Or do you just register & upload?
    Thanks ... Linda ... photographer Abu Dhabi
    they have their individual terms and conditions but basically the same. its usually free and we just receive a small commission from each sales.

Yea i want to add on :P if you don't own a dlsr, you will most prob get rejected every single time tried on both webs esp on istock, i keep getting artifacting because of the low quality of the images... yea i guess that's the cam's fault :P

Yea i want to add on :P if you don't own a dlsr, you will most prob get rejected every single time tried on both webs esp on istock, i keep getting artifacting because of the low quality of the images... yea i guess that's the cam's fault :P
    I know lots of peoples whos ports are all done on prosumer and digicams as opposed to DSLR. Its not always the cameras fault.

And finally I just received first $100 payment from Dreamtime after 8 months as an exclusive photographer in DT. I opt to pay by bank cheque. I think this option will loose some money by bank charges. Anybody any previous experiance for this??

i started the stock photography after reading this thread and there is a lot of valuable advices and comments here. Once again thanks for everybody..

No experience with bank cheque. But i think there is some transaction lost, not forgeting to mention admin fee.

Why not get paid by paypal? Of course, when you get a chque fr Paypal, you suffer that same lost too.

I channel the funds to my paypal so that i can use them to pay for my other online purchases. Hope this helps.
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    No experience with bank cheque. But i think there is some transaction lost, not forgeting to mention admin fee.

Why not get paid by paypal? Of course, when you get a chque fr Paypal, you suffer that same lost too.

I channel the funds to my paypal so that i can use them to pay for my other online purchases. Hope this helps.
    Thanks. I dont have paypal account and i will take one. I believe Paypal is less charges than bank cheque.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast