Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling photos on stock photo sites

Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    i dont tink the assignment is a problem, they have it all the while...

well with regards to wildstallion's comment on istock, its the reverse for me. though i am not very active there, it used to be very good to me, now its declining..haha
    so constant upload will affect portfolio exposure right?
    iStock isnt so much a numbers game, I only have a few hundred on there, but sales are very good. iStock is definitely more about quality selective images.

i dont tink the assignment is a problem, they have it all the while...

well with regards to wildstallion's comment on istock, its the reverse for me. though i am not very active there, it used to be very good to me, now its declining..haha
    so constant upload will affect portfolio exposure right?
    Yes, constant upload will affect portfolio exposure, although they always say it doesn't. You see, if you upload constantly, there are chances where your photos appear in the Latest Images section and increase the probability of being searched. Doesn't that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    iStock isnt so much a numbers game, I only have a few hundred on there, but sales are very good. iStock is definitely more about quality selective images.
    Quote Originally Posted by qing02051981 View Post
    Yes, constant upload will affect portfolio exposure, although they always say it doesn't. You see, if you upload constantly, there are chances where your photos appear in the Latest Images section and increase the probability of being searched. Doesn't that make sense?
    erm, true to both of your cases.

istock to me is the strictest among all three that i joined. but wonder if wildstallion you know how they promote the pics or something. because i had only a picture that sold very well. the rest were mild...but anyway i'm a casual stock photographer so perhaps that's the reason why?

qing what u say makes sense too but people might search for most popular images

I have my own fair share of problems with the stock. Istock is reputed to be the best medium for sales but strict. Right now, i have difficulty cause my pictures (Jpeg) are rejected cause they want it in something like sRGB. Can someone guide me?

For Dreamstime, they are a joke. Yes, and they are rude. And Yes they think very highly of themselves. I am not too pleased with the way they handle things. I think generally, websites/ forum who think highly of themselves or have moderators who are, will make lots of enemies along the way. People are waiting for them to fall and them, like some chinese saying, stoned them.

I didnt go to fotolia but i went to upload pictures on www.deviantart.com. Nothing there.

All the best to you photographers out there. :-)
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

DeviantArt is pointless, you wont make many sales there (if any) As for sRGB not sure, never been asked that, but try changing your Photoshop settings to sRGB and then save files like that. iStock strictness pays off, even if they are anal about everything. Dreamstime, yeh, ive found them rude at times, cest la vie though.

I had started a thread on this forum regarding http://tineye.com thinking that people would be interested in that (to be frank I was quite thrilled by that site ). But When I checked today to update something in that, I see that the thread is nolonger there... Dunno why it was deleted....(by the way I don't mind )
    I came to know about that site from one of my friend. and yesterday I noticed that it has been picked up by istock in the following thread.

http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_mes...d=69869&page=1

By the way I have no connection with that site.. - I posted that because I thought you guys might already know about it, and may have some more info to share...I was really amazed by the technology behined that....and still wondering what kind of algorithm they have used....
    (Thread starter, appologies for putting this here....my thread was deleted..and i did not want to start another one...but still wanted to give u this update...I would'nt be disturbing again )

Cheers
    Mohan

vince123123
    Guests

I don't see why you have to be apologetic about it, I found it really useful.

Quote Originally Posted by mohanrek View Post
    I had started a thread on this forum regarding http://tineye.com thinking that people would be interested in that (to be frank I was quite thrilled by that site ). But When I checked today to update something in that, I see that the thread is nolonger there... Dunno why it was deleted....(by the way I don't mind )
    I came to know about that site from one of my friend. and yesterday I noticed that it has been picked up by istock in the following thread.

http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_mes...d=69869&page=1

By the way I have no connection with that site.. - I posted that because I thought you guys might already know about it, and may have some more info to share...I was really amazed by the technology behined that....and still wondering what kind of algorithm they have used....
    (Thread starter, appologies for putting this here....my thread was deleted..and i did not want to start another one...but still wanted to give u this update...I would'nt be disturbing again )

Cheers
    Mohan
    I found a writeup on it on Microstock Diaries. Should be safe to use, I guess..

I tried but i couldnt get it working. Btw, do you guys have any trouble with ftp loading with dreamstime? Its giving me problems.

Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    I tried but i couldnt get it working. Btw, do you guys have any trouble with ftp loading with dreamstime? Its giving me problems.
    its like a very long delay before your files will appear in unfinished files folder. haha it seems like dreamstime is too a stock site everyone is joining they cant cope with that many pictures. even review time is prolonged by so much

I found a writeup on it on Microstock Diaries. Should be safe to use, I guess..
    yeah, I have tried the TinEye search. Quite interesting, but sad i only found one photo of mine
    Come visit my blog

i found none..even my most popular one also cant find..haha

sprintist : I had a look at your portfolio in dreamstime. You got some really nice shots there.. and I saw one of them being used by Microsoft ( surprised that these Giants have already turned to Micro-stock , may god help Getty and Corbis )
    here is the link
    http://www.microsoft.com/netherlands...stshowppt.aspx

Cheers
    Mohan

sprintist : I had a look at your portfolio in dreamstime. You got some really nice shots there.. and I saw one of them being used by Microsoft ( surprised that these Giants have already turned to Micro-stock , may god help Getty and Corbis )
    here is the link

Cheers
    Mohan
    Wow. this is so cooool Congrats sprintist

wow, congratulations!

Wow. this is so cooool Congrats sprintist
    wow thanks thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    wow, congratulations!
    thanks man! i feel so happy hahaha first time see my picture being used. i may sound alittle noob but nvm! haha
    Last edited by sprintist; 5th June 2008 at 12:33 AM.

here is the link

Cheers
    Mohan
    bro i tried using tineye but i couldnt get find my picture, how exactly did you do it?

bro i tried using tineye but i couldnt get find my picture, how exactly did you do it?
    Use Firefox browser and download and install the tineye plugin for Firefox from tineye website. Once you do that you get an additional option ( to search the image using tineye )in the dropdown menu when you right click any photo in any site. It's really easy to search if u have the plugin.

Regards
    Mohan

Use Firefox browser and download and install the tineye plugin for Firefox from tineye website. Once you do that you get an additional option ( to search the image using tineye )in the dropdown menu when you right click any photo in any site. It's really easy to search if u have the plugin.

Regards
    Mohan
    hmm apparently i did exactly the same but couldnt find it, i remember i searched that picture before and no results turned out.

hmm apparently i did exactly the same but couldnt find it, i remember i searched that picture before and no results turned out.
    Its an image search engine, and match may be probabilistic; also as its in beta they may still be tuning their engine. I think there is no 100% guarantee of finding a particular image.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast