Thread: Selling photos on stock photo sites

Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

Quote Originally Posted by qing02051981 View Post
    maybe they never see singapore IC before. hahahha
    show them 11B lor..lagi worse hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    show them 11B lor..lagi worse hahaha
    heheheheh.....maybe i scanned until so dark that they can't see my features properly. time to go for Facelift!

i used my international youth travel card
    accepted

"This file was approved by accident, we apologize for the mistake as we need to disable it."

This thing can also happen to me at Dreamstime.

oh dear... u always very "heng" one is it? kanna this kinda funny thing never mind i'll prob join u too...
    P&S: Sony U20, Pana-leica FZ5, Canon S90, Pana DMC-T3
    SLR: Nikkor F60, Oly E-510, Oly E-5

dreamstime is pretty screw up..i uploaded quite alot of images with model release and on 3 occasions they reject my pictures becos they say their database the release crash or something..i'm like wtf...i'm damn lazy to upload everything again n keyword la!

Dreamstime is a bit of a joke really at the moment, rejecting everything for no reason, I had an image rejected the other day for, and get this! ""Your illustration has rough edges." ITS A PHOTO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Dreamstime is a bit of a joke really at the moment, rejecting everything for no reason, I had an image rejected the other day for, and get this! ""Your illustration has rough edges." ITS A PHOTO!!!!
    NPNT

show leh curious wat they are rejecting..

its really terrible....

they keep saying my model release was scrambled in their recent crash or what...why are they so screw up..happened a few times already..ARGH

dreamstime is pretty screw up..i uploaded quite alot of images with model release and on 3 occasions they reject my pictures becos they say their database the release crash or something..i'm like wtf...i'm damn lazy to upload everything again n keyword la!
    To save you the hassle of re-keyword when you upload to different agent. You can keyword them in Photoshop. Will save you all the trouble. You only need to categorise them after uploading.

Quote Originally Posted by taipankid View Post
    To save you the hassle of re-keyword when you upload to different agent. You can keyword them in Photoshop. Will save you all the trouble. You only need to categorise them after uploading.
    yeah true, but categorising is a hassle too..not forgetting cut and paste the keywords, titles and description as well. urgh..well..DT!

Quote Originally Posted by taipankid View Post
    where is this keyword feature saved in? exif? iptc?

Saved in the image as exif data

yeah true, but categorising is a hassle too..not forgetting cut and paste the keywords, titles and description as well. urgh..well..DT!
    ?? everything including titles and description can be key into the image in photoshop
    Press Ctrl-Alt-Shift I

Yah. Sometimes I wish they do away with the categorising. If you realise those new microstock agencies, most of them they do away with the category.

When Dreamstime gets busy. This is what you get for every images submitted.

"This is a very well covered subject in our data base or the subject of your image is too specific. We are looking for images that exceed the technical quality and creativity of the images already online. Please take a few minutes to browse through the best selling images online (on this subject) and go deeper, play, have a more creative, more personal approach to it, also keeping in mind the technical quality of the image."
    Last edited by roygoh; 9th May 2008 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Removed referral code

"This is a very well covered subject in our data base or the subject of your image is too specific. We are looking for images that exceed the technical quality and creativity of the images already online. Please take a few minutes to browse through the best selling images online (on this subject) and go deeper, play, have a more creative, more personal approach to it, also keeping in mind the technical quality of the image."
    quite common..they reject mine for model release got scrambled in their recent database crash or something..that is screw up..pics which i dont tink will get rejected at all..and all those rejected pics add to my rejection rate..that is the worse.........damn them. haha
    Last edited by roygoh; 9th May 2008 at 04:09 AM.

Havnt had that one yet, I currently have over 100 images in the queue, when i submitted last week I got "Thank you for your upload - Current Pending time 38 days" Fantastic. Im contemplating pulling out entirely soon, its hardly worth the time, sales are ****, its gone from being my second best site to being the 2nd worst.

iStock on the other hand, one of my favourites now, I used to hate it so much, shows how things change with time!

Havnt had that one yet, I currently have over 100 images in the queue, when i submitted last week I got "Thank you for your upload - Current Pending time 38 days" Fantastic. Im contemplating pulling out entirely soon, its hardly worth the time, sales are ****, its gone from being my second best site to being the 2nd worst.

iStock on the other hand, one of my favourites now, I used to hate it so much, shows how things change with time!
    I think when they have assignments going on, the approval time is very long. I have around 38 days as well pending approval. Dreamstime is not as strict on images as iStock so I basically upload everything. For iStock, I do selective upload. I love fotolia's approval time. It is fast.

Hope iStock will become my favourite soon.

I think when they have assignments going on, the approval time is very long. I have around 38 days as well pending approval. Dreamstime is not as strict on images as iStock so I basically upload everything. For iStock, I do selective upload. I love fotolia's approval time. It is fast.

Hope iStock will become my favourite soon.
    i dont tink the assignment is a problem, they have it all the while...

well with regards to wildstallion's comment on istock, its the reverse for me. though i am not very active there, it used to be very good to me, now its declining..haha
    so constant upload will affect portfolio exposure right?

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast