Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 376

Thread: Selling photos on stock photo sites

  1. #41

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    well.. i use dreamstimes and fotolia no sales yet..
    any tips from the pros?
    my dreamstimes portfolio is here
    fotolia is soooo slow for uploading.. have only a few pics there..
    Last edited by roygoh; 23rd April 2008 at 02:35 PM.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by slaam View Post
    well.. i use dreamstimes and fotolia no sales yet..
    any tips from the pros?
    my dreamstimes portfolio is here
    fotolia is soooo slow for uploading.. have only a few pics there..
    Fotolia is actually quite fast once you get into a rhythm, can easily process over 100 shots an hour.

    You have no sales because you only have one image. Upload way more. Stock is a numbers game, the more photos you have, the more money you make. Simple.
    Last edited by roygoh; 23rd April 2008 at 02:35 PM.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    I am also using Dreamstime
    Last edited by roygoh; 23rd April 2008 at 02:36 PM.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Fotolia is actually quite fast once you get into a rhythm, can easily process over 100 shots an hour.

    You have no sales because you only have one image. Upload way more. Stock is a numbers game, the more photos you have, the more money you make. Simple.
    yeah, agree, really a number game. but of course dedicated stock pictures will sell better..
    my pictures are random pictures which i deem fit for simple stock and i upload. in my case, a number game is vital for me..lol

    mine's at my signature too.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Sometimes, I really wonder what kind of stock photos sell. I been trying but not much sales from my portfolio yet.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by qing02051981 View Post
    Sometimes, I really wonder what kind of stock photos sell. I been trying but not much sales from my portfolio yet.
    u also need more photos i believe.

    you can check out the popular photos from the respective sites, they usually will show.

    the best stock pictures are incomplete pictures and picture that contains human element. It should be relevant to a certain topic or subject as well.

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chapel Hill, US
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    u also need more photos i believe.

    you can check out the popular photos from the respective sites, they usually will show.

    the best stock pictures are incomplete pictures and picture that contains human element. It should be relevant to a certain topic or subject as well.
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by "incomplete pictures"?

  8. #48

    Smile Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    i think a source of the type of pics needed is to look at sunday times. they usually use generic theme photos like elderly, savings, credit cards, wheelchairs, etc. credit of istockphoto is noted.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Give me some ideas what to shoot at home besides my cat. :P

  10. #50

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    are all these website is 100% free that all we need to do is waiting to get paid if photo is good?

    can we still have the right to sell the uploaded photo to others? or can 1 photo being uploaded to different stock photo website?

  11. #51

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by LENS View Post
    are all these website is 100% free that all we need to do is waiting to get paid if photo is good?

    can we still have the right to sell the uploaded photo to others? or can 1 photo being uploaded to different stock photo website?
    Hmm..Let me try to answer you.

    are all these website is 100% free?
    These websites are 100% free. you do not have to pay anything to sign up.

    can we still have the right to sell the uploaded photo to others?
    1 photo can be uploaded to different website unless you mark it as exclusive to that website at the point of upload.

    or can 1 photo being uploaded to different stock photo website?
    Once someones buy the rights of the photo on a website, you have to remove it from the other sites.

  12. #52

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Visit my newly created web page

    http://my.fotolia.com/hancheng/

  13. #53

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    interesting, definitely worth to try but not nesscary gaining out of it

    who knows ? maybe the money will start pouring in after your time on earth is long gone...

    be sure to leave your password on your will! ^^

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by ptyap View Post
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by "incomplete pictures"?
    an incomplete picture is a picture that can be further worked upon by the purchasers of the photos. they might be buying a picture of say a football field (empty) and they buy different pictures of player and piece them together to form a new picture for their own intentions.

    of course not all pictures will be incomplete, some will be direct to the point and objective =)

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    I just joined both fotolia nd dreamstime. folotolia is much faster than dreamstime for approving photos.
    So far fotolia just approved one out of 9 and dreamtime still waiting for approval.
    Last edited by pbsubhash; 7th March 2008 at 12:41 PM.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by pbsubhash View Post
    I just joined both fotolia nd dreamstime. folotolia is much faster than dreamstime for approving photos.
    So far fotolia just approved one out of 9 and dreamtime still waiting for approval.
    Yes. Fotolia is faster in approving photos.
    Last edited by roygoh; 23rd April 2008 at 02:37 PM.

  17. #57

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by pbsubhash View Post
    I just joined both fotolia nd dreamstime. folotolia is much faster than dreamstime for approving photos.
    So far fotolia just approved one out of 9 and dreamtime still waiting for approval.
    Yeap agree with that. Dreamstime and istock take ages to approve sometimes. But shutterstock, 123rf and fotolia are relatively very fast.

    Do visit my website for more details www.ashwinphotosite.com
    Ashwin

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Yeap agree with that. Dreamstime and istock take ages to approve sometimes. But shutterstock, 123rf and fotolia are relatively very fast.

    Do visit my website for more details www.ashwinphotosite.com
    well since stock is a long term outlook, the time taken to approve the picture is pretty insignificant relatively. Unless you're submitting last minute for festive seasons or special occasions like xmas etc. Otherwise, the approval time doesn't concern us imo

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by qing02051981 View Post
    I am also using Dreamstime
    What's the cost to signup with DT? The registration page and T&C don't mention the charges to be member to upload / sell photos at all. Or did I skim over the page too fast?
    Last edited by roygoh; 23rd April 2008 at 02:44 PM.

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    What's the cost to signup with DT? The registration page and T&C don't mention the charges to be member to upload / sell photos at all. Or did I skim over the page too fast?
    No, Thats cos there is no charge to signup and submit.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •