Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 376

Thread: Selling photos on stock photo sites

  1. #321
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Congrats to sprintist.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  2. #322
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by smartkel View Post
    well my friend did try and really earn $. If not i will not share this lobang here.
    Everybody can earn $ in microstock, whether that is enough $ or not is another question.

    Sprintist's airport photo might have earned him around $500 or more for one-time advertising usage in the olden days of traditional stock. Changi Airport now probably only pays $1 for it. And we'll get 30 cents out of it.

    So there is a lot more hard work now. It may not be right to paint such a rosy picture.

  3. #323
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    thanks all for the congratulations, though happy to see it there to appreciate my own work but its probably nothing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Everybody can earn $ in microstock, whether that is enough $ or not is another question.

    Sprintist's airport photo might have earned him around $500 or more for one-time advertising usage in the olden days of traditional stock. Changi Airport now probably only pays $1 for it. And we'll get 30 cents out of it.

    So there is a lot more hard work now. It may not be right to paint such a rosy picture.
    this supports my above sentence! consumers gain suppliers too competitive

  4. #324
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    thanks all for the congratulations, though happy to see it there to appreciate my own work but its probably nothing.
    It's a great shot with commercial value.

    You may make a few hundred dollars out of it in microstock sites accumulatively over the years.

  5. #325
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    It's a great shot with commercial value.

    You may make a few hundred dollars out of it in microstock sites accumulatively over the years.
    long term wise yes but still should consider the turnover rate, it was a tfcd hence at least the cost still not as high, covering the cost also abit slow

    we should really see this as a long term investment, still building up my port though

  6. #326

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    I uploading my pictures onto istock. When it uploaded already,does the pictures still belong to me? Can i sell to other agent ? Cant find in the FAQ sorry.

  7. #327
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by aezomz View Post
    I uploading my pictures onto istock. When it uploaded already,does the pictures still belong to me? Can i sell to other agent ? Cant find in the FAQ sorry.
    u can find it on this thread

    yup it belongs to you and you can upload as where as long as you dont submit it as exclusive or if you are not an exclusive contributor on istock

  8. #328

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    What the minimum age to submit at i stock and dreamstime?

  9. #329
    KaroNowo
    Guests

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    That's right, 123rf is a subsidiary website of Inmagine.

    Inmagine sell premium images (taken by professional photographers), while 123rf is a microstock website.

  10. #330

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites


  11. #331

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Anyone love shoes

  12. #332
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    322

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by aezomz View Post
    What the minimum age to submit at i stock and dreamstime?
    Below 18 - just need to get your parents signature. That's all.

  13. #333

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    123rf is taking forever. it's been around a week since i submitted it for approval. still pending..

  14. #334
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    322

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by tester99 View Post
    i'd like to attend the workshop too if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    will you be announcing the workshop anywhere on CS? i'm keen, my istock though has a good selling photo my acceptance ratio is terrible due to a bad start when i just started off, its quite a reversible change right now though.
    OK, as promised - the post for the workshop is now up. See here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510176

  15. #335
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by btrenkel View Post
    OK, as promised - the post for the workshop is now up. See here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510176
    thanks for the heads up!

  16. #336
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Since this thread is fast becoming one of the most-read ones in CS, I've thought I'll mention two local "big names" in microstock in Singapore I've come to know via the web.

    Personally I think the most successful would probably be Phil Date with 66,955 downloads in istock:

    http://www.istockphoto.com/phildate

    Some of the models in CS have probably worked for him.

    Second one whose works I admire is Nikontiger who has posted once upon a time here in CS. He has chalked up 7,702 downloads with an impressive portfolio beside having the distinction of being one of the top Top Ten Finalist in Punctum Day and being featured as an Artist of the Week in istock:

    http://www.istockphoto.com/nikontiger

    Of course there are others whom I may not come across. Singapore has indeed many great talents in microstock.
    Last edited by Sion; 3rd May 2009 at 12:59 AM.

  17. #337
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Since this thread is fast becoming one of the most-read ones in CS, I've thought I'll mention two local "big names" in microstock in Singapore I've come to know via the web.

    Personally I think the most successful would probably be Phil Date with 66,955 downloads in istock:

    http://www.istockphoto.com/phildate

    Some of the models in CS have probably worked for him.

    Second one whose works I admire is Nikontiger who has posted once upon a time here in CS. He has chalked up 7,702 downloads with an impressive portfolio beside having the distinction of being one of the top Top Ten Finalist in Punctum Day and being featured as an Artist of the Week in istock:

    http://www.istockphoto.com/nikontiger

    Of course there are others whom I may not come across. Singapore has indeed many great talents in microstock.
    after seeing nikontiger's port reminds me of my friend who is now doing pretty well considering the time he joined for the things he shoot

    http://www.istockphoto.com/user_view.php?id=1819592

    i still got a lot more to learn

  18. #338

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Personally I think the most successful would probably be Phil Date with 66,955 downloads in istock:

    http://www.istockphoto.com/phildate

    Some of the models in CS have probably worked for him.
    Thanks for the mention Sion. I go by the name of EastWest in Clubsnap and also most of my stock work is now produced through our company, EastWest Imaging, which I run with my friend Joanna. I am sure some of you here know her, she was modelling before and now is MUA.

    It is not easy to be successful from Microstock these days. Long gone are the times when to start, you could go through your HDD and upload any old photos. Now the competition is very tough, particularly from the major names like Yuri, Andres and others. You need to find a niche and get good at it and in time, the sales will grow. Once Microstock was considered for amateurs, I think now the professionals have all but taken over and it is very tough for the keen amateur to make much money from this now.

    For those interested in knowing more about Microstock and the possibility of some organised stock shooting opportunities, keep a lookout for some future workshops we at EastWest Imaging intend to organise.

    Also, we are recruiting: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510087

  19. #339

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    I just earned my very first bucks in istockphoto

  20. #340

    Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

    Congrates

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •