Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling photos on stock photo sites

Default Re: Selling photos on stock photo sites

Quote Originally Posted by pbsubhash View Post
    Ca we use POSB Debit (Go card) card for pay pal.. or must use credit card?
    I believe a debit card will work just fine. There are FAQs on paypal website. you can check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by qing02051981 View Post
    I believe a debit card will work just fine. There are FAQs on paypal website. you can check them out.
    Ok. Is credit card safe to use with paypal? If we use credit card then how the money will go to savings account?? just curious to know...

go card i thought cannot use for online puroposes, only the normal debit card could

Quote Originally Posted by Revad3 View Post
    go card i thought cannot use for online puroposes, only the normal debit card could
    Not so sure about the GO card because I do not have one. I am using UOB Debit Card so it works fine for me.

Am using a POSB mastercard/debit + linked to my savings account. And they only change withdrawla fee if you withdraw less than SGD$200 worth out. Thier exhange rate is always about 2-3 cents lower than the mean exhange rate though so thats where the fee's go to.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84 View Post
    Am using a POSB mastercard/debit + linked to my savings account. And they only change withdrawla fee if you withdraw less than SGD$200 worth out. Thier exhange rate is always about 2-3 cents lower than the mean exhange rate though so thats where the fee's go to.
    Thanks for the info...

Quote Originally Posted by Revad3 View Post
    Yes. You are right.. i called DBS and GO card is not suitable for online use

Is there any advantage for our stock photography if we upload the photos on flicker website? I mean somebody have seen your photos in flicker and contact you for the downloads. Just curious to know.

Quote Originally Posted by pbsubhash View Post
    Is there any advantage for our stock photography if we upload the photos on flicker website? I mean somebody have seen your photos in flicker and contact you for the downloads. Just curious to know.
    Very rare cases although it happened to me once.

Most of the time, designers who uses stock are pressed for time. In addition to that aspect, the trouble of doing a TT (telegraphic transfer) is troublesome. Unless your image is very unique that is worth all that trouble.

Stock images are all e-commerced enabled. Speed is essential.
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Each upload can get 20 cents if you are exclusive? I didn't knew that...
    is it true? what's the catch here?

Quote Originally Posted by aosis View Post
    is it true? what's the catch here?

If i am not wrong, there are 2 types of exclusive.

The first type is you upload the pictures exclusively to them. When the pictures are downloaded, they are paid much higher.

The second type is when they invite you to shoot exclusively for them. I think at that level, they pay you a certain amt for upload. For this type, not every photographer can make it to this grade unless you are really good.

FOr other details, check the website. I cant remb that much.
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    If i am not wrong, there are 2 types of exclusive.

The first type is you upload the pictures exclusively to them. When the pictures are downloaded, they are paid much higher.

The second type is when they invite you to shoot exclusively for them. I think at that level, they pay you a certain amt for upload. For this type, not every photographer can make it to this grade unless you are really good.

FOr other details, check the website. I cant remb that much.
    Yes.. you will get 20cents for every upload only if you are an exlusive phtographer to DT (Dreamstime). i am now exclusive to DT so i am getting 20cents for each upload.
    Last edited by pbsubhash; 13th December 2008 at 11:56 PM.

hi all
    I would like get involved in stock photography - and reading that some of you good chappies are experienced - I would appreciate tips and pointers on the best way to get started.
    Thanks for your recommendations, suggestion and ideas in advance.
    Cheers
    Trigger

vince123123
    Guests

Just to ge t this right, you compiled all the information here into a S$5.00 ebook?

Signing up for a paypal account just cost a few dollars. Paypal is more hassle free.
    It just looks free... but the currency rate paypal use is not good. Anyway paypal is easy to manage. as along as you have 200+usd in your paypal account, transfer to singapore banks are free and take around 4 business days.

i am uploading to 8 agencies...

Shutterstock is the best for me, dreamstime second and stockxpert is the third. you may view some infor from my signature

best wishes,
    darcy

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Just to ge t this right, you compiled all the information here into a S$5.00 ebook?
    huh? who compiled the info?
    G

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla60 View Post
    huh? who compiled the info?
    that post has been deleted as WTS/MO posts are restricted to the respective forums

Quote Originally Posted by djchris View Post
    Hi all,

Just wanted to see if anyone is selling their photos via stock photo sites?
    Any success?
    Sure! And it generates me quite a nice money
    Check this site: http://sellinggrpahics.com for more info about the best microstocks and also about some tips and tricks

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    So for example, u only sold off 5 photos but didn't hit the US$100, they won't pay you?
    I believe the cheapest rate you can cash of a USD cheque is about SGD$10-15. so it only makes economic sense if you have more than SGD$10-15 in your paypal account in order to make some cents out of it, and that's after factoring the currency conversion rate from USD to SGD which the banks will fleece u another 300-400 pips (or 100 pip = 1cent in layman terms) off your exchange rate....

Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    I have my own fair share of problems with the stock. Istock is reputed to be the best medium for sales but strict. Right now, i have difficulty cause my pictures (Jpeg) are rejected cause they want it in something like sRGB. Can someone guide me?
    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    As for sRGB not sure, never been asked that, but try changing your Photoshop settings to sRGB and then save files like that. iStock strictness pays off, even if they are anal about everything. Dreamstime, yeh, ive found them rude at times, cest la vie though.
    is the color space indicated in the Exif data? all of mine says Uncalibrated. does it mean the monitor is uncalibrated or photoshop or the camera? i'm a little confused...

sori if i OT abit.
    おれのflickrださ

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast