Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Banana, I Love U

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Banana, I Love U

    Hi all,

    I took a shot of Hann eating his 1st banana in his life at a restuarant. The place is not very well lit, so I took this shot with a on-shoe flash bounced on a wall.

    Please give me your comments for improvement.

    Thank you.


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    Hi all, any tips? Thanks.

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    I like the lighting and the tones. He seems to be pretty surprised looking at the banana hor?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    Thanks ndroo...it was his first banana treat...he looked suprise to you? I tot he looked like a lover to the banana...that tender loving glance...

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    I like the lighting and the tones. He seems to be pretty surprised looking at the banana hor?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    love the lighting and composure!! beautiful picture, looks warm and comfortable!! i love pix of children and this is a classic!

  6. #6
    Senior Member blueskye168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AVPS
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    Well, nicely captured I like the contrast/lighting of the subject-skin tone & yellow-colour-banana that blend well into the dim background(that's how I "feel")
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    Thank you ozkid88 for grading this as classic

    Yah, the cafe is indeed a very cosy place.

    Quote Originally Posted by ozkid88 View Post
    love the lighting and composure!! beautiful picture, looks warm and comfortable!! i love pix of children and this is a classic!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    Hi blueskye168,

    I am still trying to learn on skintone processing....is this tone really ok? Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by blueskye168 View Post
    Well, nicely captured I like the contrast/lighting of the subject-skin tone & yellow-colour-banana that blend well into the dim background(that's how I "feel")

  9. #9
    Senior Member blueskye168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AVPS
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    Hi blueskye168,

    I am still trying to learn on skintone processing....is this tone really ok? Thanks.
    haha me too(in Blue)=that's why in bracket=>(that's how I "feel").

    May be you'd want to try crop the top-part till the 2nd line-of-arch(b4 the 1st arch) in the background=ver-1, or till slighty pass the line-of-the whole-arch in the background=ver-2(Just my preferences only ya)

    Hopefully there'll be some pro/experts here can give us some pointers

    TIA
    Last edited by blueskye168; 15th August 2007 at 11:02 AM.
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

  10. #10

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    Well I'm no pro , but I love the photo , its evenly lit and nicely balanced and for me I wouldnt crop it at all , the arch provides the warm cosy atmospere to the picture

    A very nice photo for the family album lastboltnut

  11. #11
    Senior Member blueskye168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AVPS
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    Based on the title of the photo "Banana, I Love U"=>that's how I'd prefer to 'focus' the attention-a slightly only tighter crop of ver1 & ver2. On the whole, with or without cropping will be a well execute ones.(I also like the position of the subject which is ard the 'rule of 3rd')compo
    Last edited by blueskye168; 15th August 2007 at 12:09 PM.
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

  12. #12
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,685
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    good use of flash bounced on the wall
    creating a very nice light

    but i find the composition abit off, too loose on top and too tight on the sides



    you will notice that there is a triangle created by the Hann's line of sight to the banana and his arm.

  13. #13
    Senior Member blueskye168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AVPS
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    good use of flash bounced on the wall
    creating a very nice light

    but i find the composition abit off, too loose on top and too tight on the sides



    you will notice that there is a triangle created by the Hann's line of sight to the banana and his arm.
    yes,bro that's the way, manah-ha ah-ha I like it.....(Oooh, there goes my 'siao' again)
    Last edited by blueskye168; 15th August 2007 at 12:25 PM.
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

  14. #14

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    beautiful.. love e clor tone and contrast of the picture. gorgeous kid to top it off..

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    Hi blueskye168, Baldwin Jazz and ortega,

    I would have cropped to square, if this is not my son, to make the focus more on the kid and banana....however, for my family pic I usually want to keep abit of the background to remind my wife and myself of the place and the event as a memory....like what Baldwin Jazz mentioned, as a family album....thats why I did not crop it...but as a photographer point of view, the cropped version is better. Thanks for Master ortega and also the perspective of triangle....learnt something today

    Thanks.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    Hey bro! Its been a long time! Thanks for coming by and your compliments.

    OT a bit: By the way, I went to the zoo with my son on National Day and cannot shoot nice white tiger shots like you did....needs a lot of patience and the tigers just move in "circles" along thier fixed path....funny. But managed to shoot a pretty "decent" shot of the "mini-monkey" on the tree house outside the souvenir shop....will show you for comment when I have it ready.

    Quote Originally Posted by NightZ88 View Post
    beautiful.. love e clor tone and contrast of the picture. gorgeous kid to top it off..

  17. #17
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,488

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    Cute looking boi and his banana~~ =)

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,084

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    other than composition, i love this shot

  19. #19
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,685
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    Hi blueskye168, Baldwin Jazz and ortega,

    I would have cropped to square, if this is not my son, to make the focus more on the kid and banana....however, for my family pic I usually want to keep abit of the background to remind my wife and myself of the place and the event as a memory....like what Baldwin Jazz mentioned, as a family album....thats why I did not crop it...but as a photographer point of view, the cropped version is better. Thanks for Master ortega and also the perspective of triangle....learnt something today

    Thanks.
    actually the bg does say much here, although not distracting,
    it also does not add to remind you of the location
    maybe a landscape orientation whould have served your purpose better

    just something to think about

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Banana, I Love U

    Thank you xunjas.

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    Cute looking boi and his banana~~ =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •