1. What is SafeSurf?
SafeSurf is a Value-Added Service for all MaxOnline customers. It is a “filtering” service that blocks out undesirable websites on the Internet.
2. Who can subscribe to SafeSurf?
All existing MaxOnline monthly access plans customers can subscribe to SafeSurf. MaxOnline Ultimate and MaxOnline Premium customers will enjoy free SafeSurf till 31 December 2008. Thereafter, the prevailing subscription rate applies.
3. How do I subscribe to SafeSurf?
As SafeSurf is a Value-Added Service for MaxOnline monthly access plans customers, you must first subscribe to either of these postpaid residential broadband plans in order to enjoythe service.
You can sign up for SafeSurf online at www.starhub.com/online
. Please remember to have your MaxOnline customer number and cable modem MAC ID ready to complete the registration.
4. After I have subscribed to SafeSurf, can I deactivate SafeSurf at anytime?
Once you have subscribed to SafeSurf, you will be safeguarded against undesirable websites as long as you are connected via MaxOnline. To deactivate the service, you will have to call StarHub's 24-hour Customer Care at 1633. Please note that an activation fee will apply should you want to reactivate your SafeSurf service again.
5. What are the benefits of subscribing to SafeSurf?
With SafeSurf, parents can enjoy peace of mind when their children go online with MaxOnline. This added security feature will ensure a safe and enriching Internet experience for their children.
6. How does StarHub decide on which websites to block with SafeSurf?
StarHub does not decide onwhich website to block out. The database of undesirable websites is taken from and maintained by StarHub's SafeSurf vendor, SmartFilter.
7. There are new undesirable sites created in the world everyday. How do I know whether SafeSurf will be regularly updated with these sites?
The database of undesirable websites on SafeSurf are managed and updated regularly by StarHub's SafeSurf vendor, SmartFilter.