Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank you starhub

Default Re: Thank you starhub

I'm on Pacnet here... no problems with the sites too.

Honestly, I don't think it's got anything to do with our government. If it's a blocked site then I believe you will be seeing an "Access denied" page from the MDA instead.

Arrow Re: Thank you starhub

Looks like all of us can go to the websites posted by TS and all this talk about Geylang and prostitution.

Have we been duped by TS to go to these websites to earn some referral monetary points ?

Hi TS... cool down... not every problem we face in life is caused by or can be solved by the government

I just did a check on Starhub's FAQ... Might address your issues you encountered... Cheers

1. What is SafeSurf?
    SafeSurf is a Value-Added Service for all MaxOnline customers. It is a “filtering” service that blocks out undesirable websites on the Internet.
    2. Who can subscribe to SafeSurf?
    All existing MaxOnline monthly access plans customers can subscribe to SafeSurf. MaxOnline Ultimate and MaxOnline Premium customers will enjoy free SafeSurf till 31 December 2008. Thereafter, the prevailing subscription rate applies.
    3. How do I subscribe to SafeSurf?
    As SafeSurf is a Value-Added Service for MaxOnline monthly access plans customers, you must first subscribe to either of these postpaid residential broadband plans in order to enjoythe service.
    You can sign up for SafeSurf online at www.starhub.com/online. Please remember to have your MaxOnline customer number and cable modem MAC ID ready to complete the registration.
    4. After I have subscribed to SafeSurf, can I deactivate SafeSurf at anytime?
    Once you have subscribed to SafeSurf, you will be safeguarded against undesirable websites as long as you are connected via MaxOnline. To deactivate the service, you will have to call StarHub's 24-hour Customer Care at 1633. Please note that an activation fee will apply should you want to reactivate your SafeSurf service again.
    5. What are the benefits of subscribing to SafeSurf?
    With SafeSurf, parents can enjoy peace of mind when their children go online with MaxOnline. This added security feature will ensure a safe and enriching Internet experience for their children.
    6. How does StarHub decide on which websites to block with SafeSurf?
    StarHub does not decide onwhich website to block out. The database of undesirable websites is taken from and maintained by StarHub's SafeSurf vendor, SmartFilter.
    7. There are new undesirable sites created in the world everyday. How do I know whether SafeSurf will be regularly updated with these sites?
    The database of undesirable websites on SafeSurf are managed and updated regularly by StarHub's SafeSurf vendor, SmartFilter.
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

Seems like TS no more replying here after starting this thread..........although he was all the while active and online.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Looks like all of us can go to the websites posted by TS and all this talk about Geylang and prostitution.

Have we been duped by TS to go to these websites to earn some referral monetary points ?
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

OT

Walau, I just went to the starhub.com/play n after login, the pages not working. Don't tell me ST users can use?
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

SH really damn STUPID! Other ISP cannot use their "play" service, die die must MOL. What kind of business are they doing?

Arrow Re: Thank you starhub

There might be a problem with the play website.

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    SH really damn STUPID! Other ISP cannot use their "play" service, die die must MOL. What kind of business are they doing?

i have no idea what this SH bashing is all about. I have no problem accessing all the listed sites and even the play site.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    There might be a problem with the play website.
    They recommend MOL only. Just like some games, Intel only.

Maybe use their FOC to surf n try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12