Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 474

Thread: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

  1. #221
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by geeteethree View Post
    leave the lil kid alone
    his just lucky he has what he has
    dont go calling him a w**ker!
    a lucky kido

  2. #222
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    Its the pictures not what camera u use...
    judges dun check wad camera u use.
    and john cosgrove is using 30D with kitlens!

  3. #223
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,931

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    just reach home after a tring day
    congrats to all the winners!
    Leinaj,...b... and others whom i dun know their nick

  4. #224

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by archlover View Post
    aiyo... equipment again, let's not talk about that hehe...
    fyi, last year grand prize winner ( weekh ) is using Sony R1...

    i like to make a confession... i eat 3 cups of ice cream...
    thanks for the info! was just curious.. overhead many non-canon users expressing their unhappiness when they saw some of the winning entries pasted on the wall... tat's y, i dunno whether they were shot by Canon users or not in the 1st place.. anyway, let's not discuss wat motivated their comments..

    i only drank 1 pack of milk, shared 1 cup of ice cream with my gf, n drank plenty of ice mountain.. lol..
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

  5. #225

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    im bemused at the photo display area, no catergory listing, prize winner tags were all over the place, duno which is for which. Erm...some of those photos up there were erm...haaa . There was a handful of good ones though.

    Although im not sour-graping here nor do i wanna stir a hornet's nest, but hopefully they would narrow down and be strict bout it. (what's with all the poster reproductions and jumping people? haaa). There were really some good shots on display during the slideshow, which many of the seated crowd did respond with positive awe (based on crowd response), strange that none of these end up even on the board.

    I don't question the judgement (im sure some would wanna flame me for this or the above), just some feedback from me honestly, but least they could do was show every prize winners' shots from each theme as they receive the prizes, and the photos on the board could be more erm...informative.

    Positive note, the staff manning the counters were really friendly and helpful, yes those distributing tshirts, manning the sales stores, printer booths and the uploading booths, and even the ursherers. Great job.

    I can't comment much on the judges, i only managed to recognize one of them, the ang moh, Mr JC, his enthusiasm was infectious!

    To end it all. Yup it was FUN! Let's do it again next year! (with improvements of course)


    P.s.
    Congrats to the winners!
    Are their photos up on the webby yet?
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  6. #226
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    haha canon like tt... later ppl switch system
    well theres next year again!

  7. #227

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    anyway, let's stop the equipment discussion here...

    anybody wants to post their entries, esp the winners? i wont be posting now, tired to even take out my cam for now.. lol.. in fact, i only liked 1 of the 3 shots i submitted..

    and congrats to Leinaj bro for winning 2nd prize in the 2nd theme "challenge"! congrats to all other winners too, though i dun recognise/know any others..
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

  8. #228
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,398

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    thanks for the info! was just curious.. overhead many non-canon users expressing their unhappiness when they saw some of the winning entries pasted on the wall... tat's y, i dunno whether they were shot by Canon users or not in the 1st place.. anyway, let's not discuss wat motivated their comments..

    i only drank 1 pack of milk, shared 1 cup of ice cream with my gf, n drank plenty of ice mountain.. lol..
    There are many many good entries today (I feel standard so much higher than last 2 years), but only so few can be selected, so it's understandable people are unhappy when theirs not selected. But I don't think it has anything to do with brand of the cam, last year winner is using Sony.

  9. #229

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    im bemused at the photo display area, no catergory listing, prize winner tags were all over the place, duno which is for which. Erm...some of those photos up there were erm...haaa . There was a handful of good ones though.

    Although im not sour-graping here nor do i wanna stir a hornet's nest, but hopefully they would narrow down and be strict bout it. (what's with all the poster reproductions and jumping people? haaa). There were really some good shots on display during the slideshow, which many of the seated crowd did respond with positive awe (based on crowd response), strange that none of these end up even on the board.

    I don't question the judgement (im sure some would wanna flame me for this or the above), just some feedback from me honestly, but least they could do was show every prize winners' shots from each theme as they receive the prizes, and the photos on the board could be more erm...informative.

    Positive note, the staff manning the counters were really friendly and helpful, yes those distributing tshirts, manning the sales stores, printer booths and the uploading booths, and even the ursherers. Great job.

    I can't comment much on the judges, i only managed to recognize one of them, the ang moh, Mr JC, his enthusiasm was infectious!

    To end it all. Yup it was FUN! Let's do it again next year! (with improvements of course)


    P.s.
    Congrats to the winners!
    Are their photos up on the webby yet?
    well said, i agree with ur statements.
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

  10. #230
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by clicknick View Post
    There are many many good entries today (I feel standard so much higher than last 2 years), but only so few can be selected, so it's understandable people are unhappy when theirs not selected. But I don't think it has anything to do with brand of the cam, last year winner is using Sony.
    yup the standard was much higher and judges had a hard time.
    Mr john C mentioned it.

  11. #231

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by clicknick View Post
    There are many many good entries today (I feel standard so much higher than last 2 years), but only so few can be selected, so it's understandable people are unhappy when theirs not selected. But I don't think it has anything to do with brand of the cam, last year winner is using Sony.
    yup... though i didnt take part in previous yrs (1st time this yr), but i do agree the standard of photos were pretty high..
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

  12. #232
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by archlover View Post
    aiyo... equipment again, let's not talk about that hehe...
    fyi, last year grand prize winner ( weekh ) is using Sony R1...

    i like to make a confession... i eat 3 cups of ice cream...
    and I had three packs of oat milk...
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  13. #233
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia


  14. #234

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    anyone count the number of times the old man playing chess appeared?

  15. #235

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by elladan View Post
    anyone count the number of times the old man playing chess appeared?
    lol, he's really a celebrities now... got his photos in many different angle and expression...
    the winner should print the photo and go back to him and say thanx... hehehe...

  16. #236

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by clicknick View Post
    There are many many good entries today (I feel standard so much higher than last 2 years), but only so few can be selected, so it's understandable people are unhappy when theirs not selected. But I don't think it has anything to do with brand of the cam, last year winner is using Sony.
    i only felt the standard was higher only in the 3rd theme. First two themes, majority were killed off by the weather...hehe. Only when the sunshine came out, people upped their tempo.

    Yeah, im one of the guilty ones praying for rain, after rain more contrast...nice. Hehehehe


    i had a friend complaining bout the probable cam biasness, but i can't agree or support his theory entirely. Hehe. Im a nikon user (with a backup canon g3), equipment don't hamper me. I think they would rather let a non-canon user win, and get the canon prizes and use them. I would use them if i won. Haaa
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  17. #237
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    i had 2 packet of oat milk and 2 cups of ice cream

    didn't complete the 3rd cat.. too sleepy already!

    I would say its quite well organized, 1000+ ppl rite?

  18. #238

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by noob117 View Post
    thanks for the photo!
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  19. #239
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    i had 2 packet of oat milk and 2 cups of ice cream

    didn't complete the 3rd cat.. too sleepy already!

    I would say its quite well organized, 1000+ ppl rite?
    1086! new record.

    np sbs 99

  20. #240

    Default Re: Canon Photo Marathon Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by archlover View Post
    lol, he's really a celebrities now... got his photos in many different angle and expression...
    the winner should print the photo and go back to him and say thanx... hehehe...
    well at least its spontaneous kind of photography....i cringe everytime something which was blatantly posed or staged. And huge number of plainly reproduction of posters, isnt it plagarism or something?) Or did i assumed it wrong, it wasn't a street photography kind of competition?

    i started to hate photos of jumping people after one slideshow screening...haaa
    copycat shots of the winning msian marathon photo of jumping msia flag man? haaa
    Last edited by sbs99; 20th October 2007 at 11:32 PM.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •