Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I change camera?

Default Re: Should I change camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Social View Post
    now abit tempted to go 20d but its expensive and im not sure if the noise is good anot. If it is same as the e-500 than must as well use the noise reduction software. e-510 seems like the last option cause i don't think i can afford something that much. How much do you think a 20D is worth with kit lens and without kit lens? There is no megapixel difference between the 20d and the e-500 and the e-500 came out at a later date so if the iso does not improve then i would waste cash. What do you think?
    can't help you there, i've never used a e-500 before... but canon noise ... i only use a bit of NR for iso 1600 shots.... but if you are undecided why don't you sleep on it.... download noise ninja / neat image and see whether the results are good enough... if it is then you just saved yourself a heck lot of money...

Ive tried the trail for noise ninja before, the results are great but 'detail' is lost. The D40 can do it with minimal detail lost. And processing each image one by one after every shot is a pain. Practically the cost is the same for ninja and changing to D40. The only downside is that most of the features are menu accessed.

Still contemplating...Wah head dizzy

Yup as i expected

Canon
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...3/IMG_0266.JPG

Olympus
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_...s/PA200169.JPG

So now my only option left is

1. Noise reduction software

2. D40

3. Konica 5d
    sorri, but what were u expecting?

bright pics outdoor do not tell u much about the noise level
    of the cam, u said so urself.
    i've seen the oly under high iso, not only is the 20D better,
    the much older 10D performs better too.

if its BBB virius, try pentax K10D.

a fun cam to have that has performance n specs
    of much more expensive cam.

Cause D40 is a beginner model for nikon, the price difference is almost the same as the E-500 which is not the beginner model for olympus. So between the nikon and the e-500 money is not an issue. What i want is quality photos. I admit the e-500 is really great outdoors but i need to higher the iso indoors which would pose a serious problem to me. And noise ninja non trail needs $$ by the way too.
    1D MkIII? almost no noise at ISO3200...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12