Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some rants

Default Some rants

Sigh....logging in from the airport to kill some time. Farking stupid guidelines that they have in place here. 100ml?!?!? who in the farking rite mind would go and buy a 100ml spray or gel for a short trip when they already have some left over in their own toilet? Not that I never heard of the guideline but then I never thought it would be so blardy insensible. obviously someone in the management isnt too bright here. IIRC most gels or sprays come in containers >100ml, recent check with my items are about 125ml to 150ml and mind you that they are 1 or 2 uses away from being emptied. thanks to that stupid rule, I got all of them thrown, great, I have to buy new ones now. considering that I wanted to finish those during the trip and not having to buy new ones. seems like I am not the only one complaing here,there are a couple of fuming/annoyed/unhappy tourists around here. farking world class here, big bro here can make everything so nice and then go back to square 1 with a stupid rule like that. Either they wise up and review the rule or scrap it all together.

back to my psp now.

Default Re: Some rants

Relax la.

Enjoy your trip, follow the stupid rules and don't get into trouble. Every places got their own rules/laws, got to bear with it some time.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

LOL....

relax......

enjoy your trip

usually the rules are set by some schollars......
    Last edited by ernest_ted; 11th August 2007 at 09:11 PM.

You could have put all that half used liquids into your check-in luggage but you didn't. Weren't you paying attention when these new carry-on regulations came into effect?

actually if 1 is not a frequent traveller 1 would not have remembered...

i had to throw away kids water, hot water, etc etc on 1 holiday.........

Relac bro, most important have a safe trip. Now i know my hair gel is plastic explosives in disguise and my hair spray can disrupt the pilots' sense of smell, thus may cause air disaster. hahahaha
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    Farking stupid guidelines that they have in place here.
    Stupid guidelines?

But you still follow it
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

aiyah.... this shows that scholars are good at books and nothing else....
    Last edited by glennyong; 11th August 2007 at 10:13 PM.

...Who said scholars decided the policies? Your uncle?

In any case, if you really think about it, I think most scholars would fly a lot more than any non-scholar lol.

I think your last post is very immature, and reflects very badly on you, glennyong, as a SuperUser.

On another note, I rather not have 100ml of liquids in my hand luggage, then to go out in a blaze of glory kthxbye.

Speaking of which I wonder if the TS even knew that only 100ml restrictions apply on HAND LUGGAGE: link here. Why didn't you just check in your liquids? Or find out before you waltzed off from the checkin counter?
    Last edited by night86mare; 11th August 2007 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

In any case, if you really think about it, I think most scholars would fly a lot more than any non-scholar lol.

As a SuperUser I think your last post is very immature, and reflects very badly on you, glennyong.

On another note, I rather not have 100ml of liquids in my hand luggage, then to go out in a blaze of glory kthxbye.

Speaking of which I wonder if the TS even knew that only 100ml restrictions apply on HAND LUGGAGE: link here. Why didn't you just check in your liquids? Or find out before you waltzed off from the checkin counter?
    i see.... this is very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    i see.... this is very interesting
    Don't understand what you mean.

I always put most of my stuff in the luggage when on a trip if possible.
    It always save the trouble as compared to hand carry.

Anyway, enjoy your trip, don't let this spoil your holidays...

*shrug* It's silly. But one has to live with it. Unfortunately for me, since I travel by air rather frequently, I have to put up with it more than most.

cant check it in as I got my equipment in the bag and I cant risk checking it in. no point in getting another bag just for 3 nearly finished gels/aerosols that prob have less than 100ml between them. I`m only in BKK and yet I am feeling Japan already, so many babes on the same plane

If only a few uses of each bottle were remaining, you could probably have bought smaller ones for travel, and leave the biggies at home. There won't be any redundancy as you can come back and quickly finish the old ones.

I guess 100ml rule is not exclusive to Changi, and my humble opinion is that it's not worth my time trying to negotiate with Airport security and customs people. You either 1. chose to do your diligent homework - reading which is allowed in which luggage and plan accordingly, OR 2. chose to talk it out with the uniformed people OR 3. chose to ignore the law and hope they won't mind. I think

1. always works
    2. hassle, and almost never works
    3. no hassle unless they DO mind, in which case go to 2.

Forget it and enjoy the trip

its implemented in airports in US, UK, India etc, even for internal flights.

most fluids are usually checked in for convenience than hand carried up.
    chezburgr i can haz?

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    Sigh....logging in from the airport to kill some time. Farking stupid guidelines that they have in place here. 100ml?!?!? who in the farking rite mind would go and buy a 100ml spray or gel for a short trip when they already have some left over in their own toilet? Not that I never heard of the guideline but then I never thought it would be so blardy insensible. obviously someone in the management isnt too bright here. IIRC most gels or sprays come in containers >100ml, recent check with my items are about 125ml to 150ml and mind you that they are 1 or 2 uses away from being emptied. thanks to that stupid rule, I got all of them thrown, great, I have to buy new ones now. considering that I wanted to finish those during the trip and not having to buy new ones. seems like I am not the only one complaing here,there are a couple of fuming/annoyed/unhappy tourists around here. farking world class here, big bro here can make everything so nice and then go back to square 1 with a stupid rule like that. Either they wise up and review the rule or scrap it all together.

back to my psp now.
    Almost all the Airport have this rule liao bro...go buy a <100ml container and use la. Enjoy your trip and remember to stay cool went you have to go thru all this again when you are on your way back
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    How come so touchy ah? talk down to people like army officer ah? the way you articulate yourself is immature and reflects badly on yourself!

Why must use Uncle?

../azul123

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast