Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

  1. #61

    Smile Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    they have every right to do so, especially when it is co appointed. but if it is not, then it is up to the doctor's discretion whether to disclose the nature of yr illness/es to them. my view is that if a doctor has given you 3 days mc, it is in his professional opinion that you needed 3 days' rest from work.

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    They want to call up my doctor..so what will happen?

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    they have every right to do so, especially when it is co appointed. but if it is not, then it is up to the doctor's discretion whether to disclose the nature of yr illness/es to them. my view is that if a doctor has given you 3 days mc, it is in his professional opinion that you needed 3 days' rest from work.
    Ic, thanks for the info.

  3. #63

    Default Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    Thats why I dun go to head office coz I'm really not feeling well. Now they told me that they will pay me a house visit to see if I'm really at home today or tomolo (tomolo my last day).
    They say they will call up my doctor to investigate about my MC.
    wa you working for saf is it?

  4. #64

    Smile Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    saf got head office?

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    wa you working for saf is it?

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    Not SAF la...just some kind of retail store la.

  6. #66
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    Actually, I believe that the doctor has no discretion to disclose your illness to your company as it would violate doctor-patient confidentality. The only thing your doctor is authorised to tell them (without having to seek your approval) is to inform the company that it is his professional opinion that you are medically unfit for duty for X days. That's about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    they have every right to do so, especially when it is co appointed. but if it is not, then it is up to the doctor's discretion whether to disclose the nature of yr illness/es to them. my view is that if a doctor has given you 3 days mc, it is in his professional opinion that you needed 3 days' rest from work.

  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Actually, I believe that the doctor has no discretion to disclose your illness to your company as it would violate doctor-patient confidentality. The only thing your doctor is authorised to tell them (without having to seek your approval) is to inform the company that it is his professional opinion that you are medically unfit for duty for X days. That's about it.
    So meaning to say my company are using this just to scare me? I have all black and white document MC (issued by my doctor) saying that I am unfit to work. There is nothing I am scare of this **** company that is trying to threaten me.
    If they are going overboard, I shall summit my time-sheet to MOM and log a complaint against them.
    Last edited by XXX Boy; 12th August 2007 at 12:09 AM.

  8. #68

    Default Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    So meaning to say my company are using this just to scare me? I have all black and white document MC saying that I am unfit to work. There is nothing I am scare of this **** company that is trying to threaten me.
    like someone had mentioned, you have to either see 1)a co - appointed doc , 2)a gov't doc.
    The company can easily ignored any other GP's MC, as most of us know that MC can be bought easily.

    Personally, i think u should stop thinking the company is using to scare you. If you are right, then the company can't do anything to you. Just handle the problem, and stop dragging this already. You will not know what the company is doing or planning to do till you go and see them.

  9. #69
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    I can't tell if your company is using this to scare you, but they would be entitled to take their own steps to make sure the MC is valid (ie its not a forgery, or issued by a non-doctor etc).

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    So meaning to say my company are using this just to scare me? I have all black and white document MC (issued by my doctor) saying that I am unfit to work. There is nothing I am scare of this **** company that is trying to threaten me.
    If they are going overboard, I shall summit my time-sheet to MOM and log a complaint against them.
    Howver, I think if the comapny wants to go so far as to question the professional judgement of the doctor, it should state its position in writing. This is to prevent verbal 'threats' of buying MC. I doubt that anyone will go so far as to accuse anyone of buying MC - such an act would expose the company to much more liablity than it would care to take on right now.

    Unless it is in the employment agreement that all MCs must be from the appointed doctor or government doctor, the company has no right to disregard MCs from a registered medical practitioner. If it chooses to reject the MC, request that the company state its grounds and positin in writing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    like someone had mentioned, you have to either see 1)a co - appointed doc , 2)a gov't doc.
    The company can easily ignored any other GP's MC, as most of us know that MC can be bought easily.

    Personally, i think u should stop thinking the company is using to scare you. If you are right, then the company can't do anything to you. Just handle the problem, and stop dragging this already. You will not know what the company is doing or planning to do till you go and see them.

  10. #70

    Default Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    Personally I think we should stop advising him.
    Just let him go to his company and get it handled.

    always think what the other person wants to do, might not be what the other person is planning.

    Personally, i like to give benefits of a doubt. But then! in some cases, esp when someone is planning to leave the company....

  11. #71

    Default Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    At first, they insist I should report to head office in the morning today.
    I am too sick to report to head office. But they say they will personally come and take MC from me in my house.
    Make sure you have a copy of the mc & get the receipient (company representative) to sign on your original mc that they have received the copy & verified the authenticity of the mc on this day, month, year & time. Don't forget to insist that that same person writes down his/her name, ic no., appointment & that it;s being done on behalf of the company.

    They might "conveniently" lose your original & claim that you're "up to no good, blah, blah, blah..."
    hasta la justicia siempre

  12. #72

    Default Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I can't tell if your company is using this to scare you, but they would be entitled to take their own steps to make sure the MC is valid (ie its not a forgery, or issued by a non-doctor etc).



    Howver, I think if the comapny wants to go so far as to question the professional judgement of the doctor, it should state its position in writing. This is to prevent verbal 'threats' of buying MC. I doubt that anyone will go so far as to accuse anyone of buying MC - such an act would expose the company to much more liablity than it would care to take on right now.

    Unless it is in the employment agreement that all MCs must be from the appointed doctor or government doctor, the company has no right to disregard MCs from a registered medical practitioner. If it chooses to reject the MC, request that the company state its grounds and positin in writing.
    you're right...what he's saying that they want to do seems extreme on the co's part...but then again every thing they're done according to him seems to border on sweatshop environment...

  13. #73

    Smile Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    yes, you have a point here. however, in a co appointed doctor/s circumstances, would this still stands? from my experience, on the first visit to the doctor/s, they would have required that the employee-patient sign to consent to such disclosure. although, very few knew what they are signing.

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Actually, I believe that the doctor has no discretion to disclose your illness to your company as it would violate doctor-patient confidentality. The only thing your doctor is authorised to tell them (without having to seek your approval) is to inform the company that it is his professional opinion that you are medically unfit for duty for X days. That's about it.

  14. #74
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    If you have signed consenting to the disclosure, them I'm afraid you have just waived your rights. This again brings to the age old advice of being sure what you are signing before you actaully sign.

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    yes, you have a point here. however, in a co appointed doctor/s circumstances, would this still stands? from my experience, on the first visit to the doctor/s, they would have required that the employee-patient sign to consent to such disclosure. although, very few knew what they are signing.

  15. #75

    Default Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    where u work?
    Good question...

    Go to MOM to seek advice.

    Yappy & happy

  16. #76

    Default Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    So meaning to say my company are using this just to scare me? I have all black and white document MC (issued by my doctor) saying that I am unfit to work. There is nothing I am scare of this **** company that is trying to threaten me.
    If they are going overboard, I shall summit my time-sheet to MOM and log a complaint against them.
    Seek MOM's advice. They are the best person.

    Anyway, we have heard from you only. It is only fair we hear from the company before we can make any judgement or form opinion.

    Yappy & happy

  17. #77

    Default Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    They want to call up my doctor..so what will happen?
    It will be good if they call the doctor.

    yappy & happy

  18. #78
    Member elias601's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    978

    Default Re: UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

    U have all the proofs and information there. Sufficient to go with a few colleagues to MOM at HAVELOCK ROAD and meet up with the officer and file a complain. Even if the company is not paying you your CPF in accordance to your working hours and salary as stated in the CPF policy for employers, you can also gather these information to the CPF board and talk to the officers about this. Believe me, they are helpful and would either make an investigation and take appropriate actions. WE ARE NOT ANIMALS, AND HUMAN BEINGS THAT DESERVE TO BE TREATED WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT.
    All the best
    Tan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •