Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: It's Not Pleasant But Pressure To Have Expensive Equipment.

  1. #1

    Unhappy It's Not Pleasant But Pressure To Have Expensive Equipment.

    When I was using my EOS 5 with my 300mm2.8L people around me asked.Hey! why put a pro len onto a 'normal camera'?You should use at least a EOS 1 body.When I own the 1Ds using my friend 15-30mm Sigma len now they
    asked why used a pro camera on a non L lens?Me and my the other best friend own the 1Ds and both of us have the same feeling 'pressure.'That is one of the main reason why we both own the 10D.When going with a group of people we will carry the 10D with normal lens.When both of us will with our own will carry the 1Ds with the L lens.Both of us have been shooting for fun as a hobby for more than twenty years what we feel to have a better lens not only getting better in quality and at the same time is much easy to get buyer and better price if we will to sell them if we will to.I actually have a change to own the 1200 5.6L at a very good price ,less than half the selling price and almost get it but after listening to my friend advice I didn't get it.So we are non pro photographer all the lens we own are well kept very good condition so I think is better to buy a second hand L lens from people who is a non pro am I right?

  2. #2
    Moderator sebastiansong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,556
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Dear 1Ds

    don be bothered by what others tell you... you live for yourself not for others (so long as you are harming anyone else)

    let the pictures do that talking... great gear can yield disasters as well and even pros have made the same mistake as well.

    in photography its never the money spent, the money saved but the moment you capture and that can be achieved with any setup (if you are competent and if Fate smiles in your direction)

  3. #3
    Member Knighthunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Pigeon Hole in Mandalay
    Posts
    958

    Default

    I can't believe someone who has twenty years of photography experience still baffling with this kind of issue and listen to it.
    Nothing wrong to indulge yourself with all those top of line equipment if you can afford it.

    At the end the is what like Sebastiansong wrote, the image that is count not the equipment.

    BTW last time I saw John Cosgrove using his 1Ds with Sigma 70-200 f2.8 during Cannondale Mountain Bike Race in Bukit Timah.
    Last edited by Knighthunter; 15th April 2003 at 05:37 PM.
    W204FL

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sin jia por lor...
    Posts
    463

    Default

    *burps*

    Where have you been for the past 20 years? Polishing your equipment?

    *picks food from teeth*

    With that kind of thought, i wonder whats photography to you..

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    I was considering the 10d with a 50mm *final* config..
    it's really fun to irritate ppl with mismatched equipment..
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Zimbabwe
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Emm... Why is that a mismatch? I know someone who uses that... I don't see anything wrong with that? But I dunno what exactly you mean by "final" configuration.

    Originally posted by denizenx
    I was considering the 10d with a 50mm *final* config..
    it's really fun to irritate ppl with mismatched equipment..

  7. #7

    Default

    Hi 1Ds,

    Worry not about what people think or say, because that is all in your head. Most of it is, anyway.

    What is important is the carpentar, not the tools. Works of art are yielded from your eyes, not your 1D, 10D or any other camera.

    If it comforts you, gaffer tape the brand and the 1D, so that people will not keep looking and wondering.


    BY the way, am using a EOS 5 myself, it has served me very well. And most pros will swear by its reliability, and after more than a decade since it inception, it is still use by many as a primary or secondary body. Cant speak the same for many other bodies.
    Last edited by fruitybix; 16th April 2003 at 12:42 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    haha...1Ds u r not alone, nevermind what they think, just shoot happily as u like it. well it seems that generalised public opinion is still pretty much the same. cheerios

  9. #9

    Default

    It's human nature for people to say that ma.

    "What is that gorgeous babe doing with that nerdy guy??"

    "What's a babe like you doing at a place like this?"

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by Mr Fish
    It's human nature for people to say that ma.

    "What is that gorgeous babe doing with that nerdy guy??"

    "What's a babe like you doing at a place like this?"


    P.S. - I hope that you treat my 75-300mm with care or I go knock your house door since I'm home most of the time now.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Originally posted by Gunjack
    Emm... Why is that a mismatch? I know someone who uses that... I don't see anything wrong with that? But I dunno what exactly you mean by "final" configuration.
    final config lor... not buying anything else... that's why mismatched... there's nothing wrong to me too... until I realised quite hard to stop at that lens only..
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    Yeah. I know exactly how you feel. Compared to my 1200-1700P f5.6-8 ED, any camera looks amateurish, despite the fact that I have F3s with 250 exposure backs, and a handful of the latest professional DSLRs. So as a result I never take the lens out. Worse is when I take the 1Ds out, with a Canon to Nikon converter, to use with that lens, then people never stop asking me, how come you shooting with a Canon body? Same thing happens with I attach my 1200/5.6L to my DCS760, with a different converter of course.

  13. #13

    Default

    Heh heh... No worries. It's lying comfortably in the dry cabinet

    Originally posted by mervlam


    P.S. - I hope that you treat my 75-300mm with care or I go knock your house door since I'm home most of the time now.

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    final config lor... not buying anything else... that's why mismatched... there's nothing wrong to me too... until I realised quite hard to stop at that lens only..
    i'm using the 50/1,4 with the 10D as well. and it SHALL and WILL be my final config for as long as possible. Simply cannot afford to spend anymore. I do have a 2x TC to go with it, so the setup is still pretty versatile...

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Originally posted by munfai
    i'm using the 50/1,4 with the 10D as well. and it SHALL and WILL be my final config for as long as possible. Simply cannot afford to spend anymore. I do have a 2x TC to go with it, so the setup is still pretty versatile...
    yeah well then I realised why need a 10d for that config? can use s2 pro too... and the meandering goes on...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  16. #16

    Default

    Originally posted by Jed
    Yeah. I know exactly how you feel. Compared to my 1200-1700P f5.6-8 ED, any camera looks amateurish, despite the fact that I have F3s with 250 exposure backs, and a handful of the latest professional DSLRs. So as a result I never take the lens out. Worse is when I take the 1Ds out, with a Canon to Nikon converter, to use with that lens, then people never stop asking me, how come you shooting with a Canon body? Same thing happens with I attach my 1200/5.6L to my DCS760, with a different converter of course.

  17. #17

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    yeah well then I realised why need a 10d for that config? can use s2 pro too... and the meandering goes on...
    err... because the 10D is cheaper, and has better image quality?

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Originally posted by munfai
    err... because the 10D is cheaper, and has better image quality?
    now it's not.. s2 is 2k8 with 128 meg free from mscolor iirc...
    better? dunno maybe cleaner noise? this one might be slightly subjective...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  19. #19

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    now it's not.. s2 is 2k8 with 128 meg free from mscolor iirc...
    better? dunno maybe cleaner noise? this one might be slightly subjective...
    Not certain about the last point though. The std dev noise tests on Dpreview never performed a direct comparison. But extrapolating from past tests of the S2vsD60vsD100 and looking at the D60vs10D, it seems that the S2Pro might still have the edge....won't know until someone does a head to head.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Originally posted by Zerstorer
    Not certain about the last point though. The std dev noise tests on Dpreview never performed a direct comparison. But extrapolating from past tests of the S2vsD60vsD100 and looking at the D60vs10D, it seems that the S2Pro might still have the edge....won't know until someone does a head to head.
    yeah lor.. we got so many ppl with all the cams.. how come no CS pdt shootout? shd be safe since guns and 1.5" knives are banned in sg...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •