Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

Please be aware of the servicing charges by some of the branded watch......some charge up to 1k per service...

[QUOTE=boroangel;3341699][QUOTE=drewdam;3339664]
    Quote Originally Posted by boroangel View Post

Dont mind...can you explain what this means?'go ETA if u cant afford in house movement'

Will automatic have a better resale value if i intend to sell it and get another watch next time?
    i'm quite new to watches, so anyone correct me if i'm wrong...

basically mechanical watches (automatic or hand-wound) are generally more sought after pieces as compared to quartz. as it is much more difficult and costlier to make accurate-running mechanical movements, they are usually associated with excellent quality and craftsmanship. i cannot say as far as whether a breitling quartz would have a good resale value, but i would guess you would have an easier time putting up an automatic for sale in future.

as for the 'go ETA if u cant afford in house movement' - ETA is a swiss company that produces movements (the inner mechanics of a watch) for MANY watch companies, from big name brands who modifies the higher end models to be placed in their several thousand dollar pieces... to mid-tier brands who build watches around the stock movement or slightly modifies them to fit their needs in their moderately priced pieces. The thing about ETA movements is that they are mass-produced, and with anything that comes in bulk are less expensive (but are still of good quality of course, after all it's 'swiss made')

In house movements on the other hand are developed and made (some brands buy components from third parties, but assemble them in house) within the watch houses/factories of the company. Developing a movement in house takes alot of time, research and of course money, and are not as mass-produced as those from ETA, and therefore cost much much more (exclusivity also adds to the price). Think of them as Lambos and ETA movements as Toyotas.

Therefore, if your budget doesn't allow you to get a piece with an in house movement, go look out for those with good ETA movements such as the 2824-2, 2892 and the valjoux 7750 if you're considering a chornograph

Well, that's as much as I know, suggest you read up if you want to know more... can check out the www.watchuseek.com forums, has a Breitling section which may be of interest to you..

Good luck in finding what you want...cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by rueyloon View Post
    cool maybe can we start a new thread for WIS in Clubsnap

I'm now with an Omega Railmaster and Speedmaster. Currently looking into the Sinn UX and maybe a Rolex GMT.

Share Share
    How much does GMT II cost now in Singapore? A new one cost slightly more than SG$10k in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by cwtan12 View Post
    How much does GMT II cost now in Singapore? A new one cost slightly more than SG$10k in Hong Kong.
    the last time I asked i was 7k flat for the explorer GMT II

the last time I asked i was 7k flat for the explorer GMT II
    That is not the latest model I guess. The latest one has increased about SG$3k with green hand, ceramic bezel, some changes in the bracelet and clasp and other minor changes. Not very sure whether the movement has changed or not.

SINN is another brand I start to notice. Amazed with the the hardness of the casing. The only drawback is ETA movement. The only brand I like with ETA movement is Panerai because of the history and I can play leather strap. I have 6 leather straps from Greg, 24seven,Dirk to OEM now
    Last edited by cwtan12; 29th August 2007 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by megkris View Post
    Please be aware of the servicing charges by some of the branded watch......some charge up to 1k per service...
    true..but if u take care it will lasted u loooong times...+/- 3-5s off per day is normal only service it if is necessary.

[QUOTE=boroangel;3341699][QUOTE=drewdam;3339664]

Dont mind...can you explain what this means?'go ETA if u cant afford in house movement'

Will automatic have a better resale value if i intend to sell it and get another watch next time?
    resales will depend on brand....good watch dun tranlate to good resales value...

but it will last very long with u... i have a swatch auto since 1992 n it run fine...till this yr..i bang quite hard against the wall..and it gone...15yrs without service (not worth for service anyway..) go swim, army etc... if i will take abit more care...it will go anothe for 10yrs...

cool maybe can we start a new thread for WIS in Clubsnap

I'm now with an Omega Railmaster and Speedmaster. Currently looking into the Sinn UX and maybe a Rolex GMT.

Share Share
    Railmaster...hmmm one of the cleanest watch from Omega...

[QUOTE=drewdam;3345295][QUOTE=boroangel;3341699]
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdam View Post

resales will depend on brand....good watch dun tranlate to good resales value...

but it will last very long with u... i have a swatch auto since 1992 n it run fine...till this yr..i bang quite hard against the wall..and it gone...15yrs without service (not worth for service anyway..) go swim, army etc... if i will take abit more care...it will go anothe for 10yrs...
    Besides brand, I think it also depends on the movement breakthrough, history, the limited edition events and the trend at the time you are selling. Many years ago, the stupid oyster worn by Takuya Kimura in Long Vacation or Love Generation fried price like nobody biz. Now big watches like Lolek Daytona, ltd edt AP ROO, some of Panerai models, PP Nautilus, etc have crazy prices.
    Last edited by cwtan12; 29th August 2007 at 09:23 PM.

[QUOTE=cwtan12;3347188][QUOTE=drewdam;3345295]

Besides brand, I think it also depends on the movement breakthrough, history, the limited edition events and the trend at the time you are selling. Many years ago, the stupid oyster worn by Takuya Kimura in Long Vacation or Love Generation fried price like nobody biz. Now big watches like Lolek Daytona, ltd edt AP ROO, some of Panerai models, PP Nautilus, etc have crazy prices.
    that's why all those fashion oso come out big watch..the bigger the "better"....

i still feel resales depend on the marketing, taste n brand name...the R dayjust still has good resales value but no technical breakthru but in hse movement...that's all ..and u make $ thru the Panerai (using mod ETA or ETA7750 w/o chrono), Rolex exploser I.... but u dun see this happen on Omega range that using CO-axial except the handwinded moonwatch...

and also pple pay crazi $ for Tag..

[QUOTE=drewdam;3348011][QUOTE=cwtan12;3347188]

that's why all those fashion oso come out big watch..the bigger the "better"....

i still feel resales depend on the marketing, taste n brand name...the R dayjust still has good resales value but no technical breakthru but in hse movement...that's all ..and u make $ thru the Panerai (using mod ETA or ETA7750 w/o chrono), Rolex exploser I.... but u dun see this happen on Omega range that using CO-axial except the handwinded moonwatch...

and also pple pay crazi $ for Tag..
    I do not agree with brand name. So far I have not known any single brand that you wont lose more than 15% of the purchase price for all the models after wearing them till the condition is 95% new.

For marketing, I agree. Panerai started to get popular after Richemont took over.

These are a few examples with good resale value. From lest to right: Cali PAM249, pvd Destro PAM26, pvd logo PAM195 and PAM127

[QUOTE=cwtan12;3348040][QUOTE=drewdam;3348011]
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtan12 View Post

I do not agree with brand name. So far I have not known any single brand that you wont lose more than 15% of the purchase price for all the models after wearing them till the condition is 95% new.

For marketing, I agree. Panerai started to get popular after Richemont took over.
    i agree..Panerai wont loose $ after yrs of wearing it n in 95% new...but how about IWC or a lower scale like Sinn....not sure can they get back 85% of the purchased price (street price) then

[QUOTE=drewdam;3349397][QUOTE=cwtan12;3348040]

i agree..Panerai wont loose $ after yrs of wearing it n in 95% new...but how about IWC or a lower scale like Sinn....not sure can they get back 85% of the purchased price (street price) then
    For IWC, I think most of them dont really retain high resale value except Big Pilot and some limited edition models. Have you seen black U1? Very nice.

Agree, on panerai......value for this up by 25% after 4 years......I'm still wearing it.

u will wear it for free....

Just wondering, anyone know how much the Langematik perpetual costs?
    a master piece by a. lange & sohne

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    Just wondering, anyone know how much the Langematik perpetual costs?
    a master piece by a. lange & sohne
    Wah... Langematik Perpetual. Above my league. So never really take note. Should be around SG$80k for leather strap. I only dare to see Lange 1 and Grand Lange 1.

Quote Originally Posted by megkris View Post
    Agree, on panerai......value for this up by 25% after 4 years......I'm still wearing it.
    Is that PAM 123 F series? Should cost ard $6k at that time

I think this Breitling thread becomes Panerai thread.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast