Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

[QUOTE=cwtan12;3295156][QUOTE=seanlim;3295035]And for Bvgalri, it isnt really about flashing the brand. Their dress and sports watches are nice.

For most of their sport watches BVLGARI word is very big on the bezel lei... Somemore those are not very collectible watches. The value won't be much as compared to the price you paid for it when you get tired of it and going to use it to finance another watch

For IWC, I find their Pellaton movement models like Portuguese 7 days or Big Pilot are cool. the rest like those modified from ETA kinda put me off.
    = ) hoho make a trip to bvgalri? ... you wold find some collectible watches

[QUOTE=seanlim;3295199][QUOTE=cwtan12;3295156]
    Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    And for Bvgalri, it isnt really about flashing the brand. Their dress and sports watches are nice.

= ) hoho make a trip to bvgalri? ... you wold find some collectible watches
    Yeah, havent been to their boutique for 2 years. Maybe they have new interesting models now. that time a lot of Diagono models that are not my cup of tea.

I think during this year's Basel, they featured Assioma Multicomplications and some more Assioma models. Those are a bit too out of reach. Which model that you particularly like?

Hahaaa... Maybe I havent take note on this brand much, maybe because those Bvlgari models I came across mostly do not have good resale value. Most of my friends and I prefer to sell and buy when bored of the watch unless they are meaningful. So must look out for those with better resale value.
    Last edited by cwtan12; 10th August 2007 at 12:23 PM.

[QUOTE=cwtan12;3295349][QUOTE=seanlim;3295199]
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtan12 View Post

Yeah, havent been to their boutique for 2 years. Maybe they have new interesting models now. that time a lot of Diagono models that are not my cup of tea.

I think during this year's Basel, they featured Assioma Multicomplications and some more Assioma models. Those are a bit too out of reach. Which model that you particularly like?

Hahaaa... Maybe I havent take note on this brand much, maybe because those Bvlgari models I came across mostly do not have good resale value. Most of my friends and I prefer to sell and buy when bored of the watch unless they are meaningful. So must look out for those with better resale value.
    How are Breitling watches for resale value? Say I get the chrono colt...and want to upgrade years later...usually is can recoup how much?

[QUOTE=boroangel;3295568][QUOTE=cwtan12;3295349]

How are Breitling watches for resale value? Say I get the chrono colt...and want to upgrade years later...usually is can recoup how much?
    The easiest is to go to those 2nd shops like Time Will Tell, Passions, Visiotime, Collector's Haven and ask. I am not a watch dealer and none of my friends has Breitling. You can only estimate the resale price if you want to sell it within a year but a few years later is too far away. It is determined by trend and how popular the watch is going to be in the next few years. A few years ago Panerai was just another brand but if you bought it in previously, you will not lose any money even if you factor in interest rates and inflation. Eg PAM21. The price is 10 fold now.

You are better off keeping the watch then to sell it away. I've got a couple of 30+ year old watches passed down to me... a seamaster60 and a seiko5

18~20% discount is a good figure to work with when heading for shops like sincere and hour glass. Cash of course gets the best discount (very much like buying lenses).

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    You are better off keeping the watch then to sell it away. I've got a couple of 30+ year old watches passed down to me... a seamaster60 and a seiko5

18~20% discount is a good figure to work with when heading for shops like sincere and hour glass. Cash of course gets the best discount (very much like buying lenses).
    Just like photography, it also has BBB virus...

Yeah and my wife is afflicted by it

Price of EOS 5D at launch (August 2005) - S$6500-7000
    Price of EOS 5D new today - about S$4000
    Value of used EOS 5D in 2007 - about S$3200-3500.
    Value of used EOS 5D in 2010 - about S$1000.
    Value of used EOS 5D in 2020 - $50.

Price of new Rolex Submariner 16610 in 2005 - about S$7000.
    Price of new Rolex Submariner 16610 today - about S$7700
    Value of used 2005 Rolex Submariner 16610 in 2007 - about S$6000.
    Value of used 2005 Rolex Submariner 16610 in 2010 - about S$7000 est.
    Value of used 2005 Rolex Submariner 16610 in 2020 - about S$10,000.

Assume both EOS 5D and rolex items to be new in 2005, 9/10 condition in 2007 and 2010.
    Last edited by Keltzar; 26th August 2007 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltzar View Post
    Price of EOS 5D at launch (August 2005) - S$6500-7000
    Price of EOS 5D new today - about S$4000
    Value of used EOS 5D in 2007 - about S$3200-3500.
    Value of used EOS 5D in 2010 - about S$1000.
    Value of used EOS 5D in 2020 - $50.

Price of new Rolex Submariner 16610 in 2005 - about S$7000.
    Price of new Rolex Submariner 16610 today - about S$7700
    Value of used 2005 Rolex Submariner 16610 in 2007 - about S$6000.
    Value of used 2005 Rolex Submariner 16610 in 2010 - about S$7000 est.
    Value of used 2005 Rolex Submariner 16610 in 2020 - about S$10,000.

Assume both EOS 5D and rolex items to be new in 2005, 9/10 condition in 2007 and 2010.

can use Daytona and 1Ds to compare also?

Anyone into red sub and double red sub? These are the ultimate...

[QUOTE=boroangel;3295568][QUOTE=cwtan12;3295349]

one advise...buy automatic, go ETA if u cant afford in house movement....i will never spend more than $100 for batt operated watches...sori for such comments ...

Quote Originally Posted by htthach View Post
    may i be curious a bit.
    why do you guys like chronograph watch ?
    use it to time my lunch hours ...

actually i have a chronograph watch ....hmmm what i use it for ... ermmm
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

Quote Originally Posted by megkris View Post
    Anyone into red sub and double red sub? These are the ultimate...
    yah man.
    you really have to know your stuff if you know to ask for that!

http://doubleredseadweller.com/

re: 1Ds vs Daytona...
    ok, in all fairness... maybe its not the best comparison.

The 5D, 1Ds etc. cameras are professional's tools. They are meant to be depreciated against a stream of revenue i.e. work. If you look at it that way, the depreciation is normal, really.
    Last edited by Keltzar; 26th August 2007 at 11:46 PM.

[QUOTE=drewdam;3339664][QUOTE=boroangel;3295568]

one advise...buy automatic, go ETA if u cant afford in house movement....i will never spend more than $100 for batt operated watches...sori for such comments ...
    Glycine makes some very nice watches for $600++ using the ETA 2824 movement.

A good value buy is the invicta 8926 watches using the Miyota(citizen) automatic movement. I have one and love it. 75% as heavy as the equivlent rolex subbie... 70% of the quality.. for S$200 new.
    Only problem is you have to mailorder.

re: battery... its a fair comment, except there are what they call "premium quartz" watches. The example I know best is the now extinct Oysterquartz. Only the "heart" is quartz... the rest of the moving parts is mechanical. Seriously over-engineered... it even has thermo-compensation adjustment for increased accuracy in different climates.

For all practical purposes, it makes little diff I guess.

[QUOTE=Keltzar;3339689][QUOTE=drewdam;3339664]
    Quote Originally Posted by boroangel View Post

Glycine makes some very nice watches for $600++ using the ETA 2824 movement.

A good value buy is the invicta 8926 watches using the Miyota(citizen) automatic movement. I have one and love it. 75% as heavy as the equivlent rolex subbie... 70% of the quality.. for S$200 new.
    Only problem is you have to mailorder.

re: battery... its a fair comment, except there are what they call "premium quartz" watches. The example I know best is the now extinct Oysterquartz. Only the "heart" is quartz... the rest of the moving parts is mechanical. Seriously over-engineered... it even has thermo-compensation adjustment for increased accuracy in different climates.

For all practical purposes, it makes little diff I guess.
    Glycine made some nice watches but is way too big (47mm) ....and not counting lug to lug size..

oyaterquatz come from the "best watch" Rolex ...but they discontinus now...thick is in 80s if i can remember it...

well...people wear wtach not for time keeping anymore...that's explain why pple have more than 1, 2, 3 even more now? just like shoes...and haha camera bag too...

Just received post from The Hour Glass, The world's Ultimate Watchest will be held at Raffles City convention Centre from 5th Sep 07 to 9th Sep 07, 11am to 8pm.
    you guys might want to drop by.

great, finally found a thread for watch enthusiasts...

Just bought a russian pilot's watch (47mm) with a Molnija 3603 manual wind movt...it's big and it's russian, what more can u ask?

I'm really interested in getting german pieces like the Stowa Marine Original with the Unitas 6498 (i do prefer hand wound movements compared to automatics, like the fact that the watch depends on you winding it to keep it going) would want to find a local 2nd hand watch shop that does take in and sell german pieces, trying to avoid buying first hand as i'm still on NS allowance heh.

Also, anyone can recommend a good watchmaker/repairer to do basic maintenance such as general cleaning and adjustments?

Quote Originally Posted by scanner View Post
    Just received post from The Hour Glass, The world's Ultimate Watchest will be held at Raffles City convention Centre from 5th Sep 07 to 9th Sep 07, 11am to 8pm.
    you guys might want to drop by.
    as a watch enthusiast, i would definitely drop by...but most of the brands showcased are way beyond my spending abilities.. would love to have a convention with those great mid-tier brands, making pieces of excellent quality for prices affordable to just about everyone.

[QUOTE=drewdam;3339664][QUOTE=boroangel;3295568]

Dont mind...can you explain what this means?'go ETA if u cant afford in house movement'

Will automatic have a better resale value if i intend to sell it and get another watch next time?

cool maybe can we start a new thread for WIS in Clubsnap

I'm now with an Omega Railmaster and Speedmaster. Currently looking into the Sinn UX and maybe a Rolex GMT.

Share Share

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast