Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70

Thread: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

  1. #1

    Default Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    Always wanted to have a Breitling and planning to get one soon...mentioning this thread really becos I want to share with everyone...have a frd who had a Breitling and he told me that theres this watchshop in Jakarta Plaza Senayan(which is listed as one of the authorised retailers in the Breitling website so must be reliable) and I went with him to check it out last saturday.

    There was this Breitling Chrono Colt 2 (non automatic) that costs $2674...I m not sure of the price in Singapore but I suspect its much more(think over 3K) and I will be going back to check it out...Chrono superocean is around $3720 and got one $5200 but I cant remember the model... just sharing info with everyone else in case u guys planning to get one...
    Last edited by boroangel; 8th August 2007 at 04:14 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dover
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    wao
    why buy a watch that is so ex?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    I'm one of them .. the watch i'm looking for is the Airwolf... going to be pretty ex since it falls under the professional category/range.

    No hope to get it already...

    Sell all my gear just to get a watch - Abit insane...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    I got a friend who splash out $6K++ for a Breitling.
    Typically in SG, you can get 20~25% off the retail price. Maybe more if you got good contacts
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

  5. #5

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    I got a friend who splash out $6K++ for a Breitling.
    Typically in SG, you can get 20~25% off the retail price. Maybe more if you got good contacts
    Yes so I was surprised when I went to the shop...to be fair it was not automatic and runs on battery...but the automatic one and the (model which I forgot but looks almost the same) is double the price....but 2K+ for a breitling chrono is really cheap...I always tot it was 5K starting...anyone knows the price in singapore?
    Last edited by boroangel; 8th August 2007 at 07:20 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    Sorry to OT ....
    i didnt know still got ppl buy watch for timekeeping ....
    always the Light, .... always.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    Quote Originally Posted by boroangel View Post
    Always wanted to have a Breitling and planning to get one soon...mentioning this thread really becos I want to share with everyone...have a frd who had a Breitling and he told me that theres this watchshop in Jakarta Plaza Senayan(which is listed as one of the authorised retailers in the Breitling website so must be reliable) and I went with him to check it out last saturday.

    There was this Breitling Chrono Colt 2 (non automatic) that costs $2674...I m not sure of the price in Singapore but I suspect its much more(think over 3K) and I will be going back to check it out...Chrono superocean is around $3720 and got one $5200 but I cant remember the model... just sharing info with everyone else in case u guys planning to get one...
    Have you guys try getting from those DFS shop at Changi Airport, departure hall?
    You might be able to get a cheaper price as compared to local retail store.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    I've heard their very good and want one of their PLB watches - will cost me my car!!!

    Anyway to check for an official breitling retailer see here:
    http://www.breitling.com/en/
    Last edited by Lady Ice; 8th August 2007 at 10:53 PM.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    the only Breitling i want is the Navitimer world.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    Quote Originally Posted by htthach View Post
    wao
    why buy a watch that is so ex?
    like that call "ex" for watch mae-.-

  11. #11

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    For chronos, I never fancy Breitling. It is using Valjoux 7750 movement that I don't really fancy and yet have to pay a few k for it. I prefer those with their own in-house movements. Reason behind that is high quality fakes are using Valjoux 7750 also. The only watch with ETA movement that I have bought is Panerai because I can play leather straps with Panerais.

    Most of my good friends are playing watches at the moment. We need to find out, understand and consider a few things before buying:

    1. How much we like
    2. types of movement
    3. reputation of the brand
    4. trend
    5. price difference between resale and new
    6. price differences in 2-3 different countries
    7. add up all the above = value


    Maybe you would like to consider more points rather than how much you like at the moment.
    Last edited by cwtan12; 9th August 2007 at 11:44 AM.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dover
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    may i be curious a bit.
    why do you guys like chronograph watch ?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    Quote Originally Posted by htthach View Post
    may i be curious a bit.
    why do you guys like chronograph watch ?
    I used to like it many years ago.. Now I don't really fancy. Prefer power reserve, moonphase or just plain. Skeleton and tourbillon is out of reach.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    Nice thread about watches.

    I'm having my eye on omega seamaster and speedmaster series chronographs. What do you watch gurus think of the omegas?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Nice thread about watches.

    I'm having my eye on omega seamaster and speedmaster series chronographs. What do you watch gurus think of the omegas?
    I find Omega abit matured? maybe more suited for >40 years old?
    try along the lines of Piaget or Bvgalri perharps? i find them much nicer

  16. #16

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    Piaget is even Ah Pek because of their generally thin, lots of diamonds designs. My gd frd is handling this brand for Richemont. Bvlgari ok but don't you think most of the people who wear it just want to flash the brand? Somemore it's not really a watch brand

    Last weekend, my colleague bought the latest Rolex GMT Master II. Sui..but cost a lot more than the previous model.

    If your budget is below 5k and you are young, maybe brands like Omega, Sinn, IWC, Panerai PAM000, or used watches are ok but most of all these are using ETA or modified from ETA movement. Those are ok to pay for the look and trend.

    Take note on Rolex Milgauss also. I think it wont be easy to get when it is available later this year.

    If more than 10k budget, then a lot la.. AP ROO, PP Nautilus, Lange, VC, IWC, Glashutte, etc

  17. #17

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    Quote Originally Posted by cwtan12 View Post
    Piaget is even Ah Pek because of their generally thin, lots of diamonds designs. My gd frd is handling this brand for Richemont. Bvlgari ok but don't you think most of the people who wear it just want to flash the brand? Somemore it's not really a watch brand

    Last weekend, my colleague bought the latest Rolex GMT Master II. Sui..but cost a lot more than the previous model.

    If your budget is below 5k and you are young, maybe brands like Omega, Sinn, IWC, Panerai PAM000, or used watches are ok but most of all these are using ETA or modified from ETA movement. Those are ok to pay for the look and trend.

    Take note on Rolex Milgauss also. I think it wont be easy to get when it is available later this year.

    If more than 10k budget, then a lot la.. AP ROO, PP Nautilus, Lange, VC, IWC, Glashutte, etc

    I second IWC, its a lovely guys watch.
    however, about Piaget, it aint an ah peh's watch. they provide very very clean cut watches too! = ) And for Bvgalri, it isnt really about flashing the brand. Their dress and sports watches are nice.

    TS if you like clean cut guys watch, how about A. Lange & Söhne ?

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dover
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    i use Seiko
    the rest go for lens haha

  19. #19

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    [QUOTE=seanlim;3295035]And for Bvgalri, it isnt really about flashing the brand. Their dress and sports watches are nice.[QUOTE]

    For most of their sport watches BVLGARI word is very big on the bezel lei... Somemore those are not very collectible watches. The value won't be much as compared to the price you paid for it when you get tired of it and going to use it to finance another watch

    For IWC, I find their Pellaton movement models like Portuguese 7 days or Big Pilot are cool. the rest like those modified from ETA kinda put me off.
    Last edited by cwtan12; 10th August 2007 at 11:11 AM.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

    Quote Originally Posted by htthach View Post
    i use Seiko
    the rest go for lens haha

    Seiko Premier also look nice. I think they have power reserve and moonphase also. Grand Seiko is expensive but value for money if compared to Swiss or German watches..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •