Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

  1. #1

    Default How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    With that, I mean those who are really into bikes (motorcycles). Superbikes like Ducatis, Yammy R-series, STRAD, Harleys, Performance Dirt Bikes, etc.

    And share your adventures...

    Personally, been riding since 1986. Ultimate love is still dirt bike, but has ridden quite a number of bikes in my days. The best time should be in the mid 90s, when ROV did not know the difference between Enduro bikes and Street bikes (Suzuki never really label them from factory) and I had a plate for a 250RMX... that was the best time of my life!

    Craziest thing was to ride from Singapore to Vietnam on a Honda XR600. Had blisters scar till today... Worse ride (but most glam) must be Harleys... had a Softtail Heritage and '95 Sportster, but I don't fancy having to tighten the bolts after every long ride... still think dirt is the best.

    Sports bike, I have had Suzuki Walter Wolf (1988), Aprilla RS250, Yammy R6, Honda PGM-4 250. But my stiff back prevented me from owning them for a long time, and these sports bikes are like hot chicks, they are high maintainence. LOL. It cost more to maintain a good sports bike in high performance condition than a BMW325i monthly. That is why I gave them up usually after 6 months.

    Any other bike mad folks here?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jurong Island
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    I USED to be one though I still have one 02 R6 which I am looking to sell. Nowadays, it would be good if I can clock 100km in a month. At one point of time, I've got up to 3 bikes of which 2 are sports bike and 1, a kup.

    To go to Vietnam on a XR600 isnt that bad. I rode my R6 up to Hatyai (plus with a pillion).. Haha once is enough for me...

    The thrill is always to bring it down to the tracks or on straights. Nevertheless, I lose some friends to the road as well.

    Well... its all part of my memories.

  3. #3

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    I USED to be one though I still have one 02 R6 which I am looking to sell. Nowadays, it would be good if I can clock 100km in a month. At one point of time, I've got up to 3 bikes of which 2 are sports bike and 1, a kup.

    To go to Vietnam on a XR600 isnt that bad. I rode my R6 up to Hatyai (plus with a pillion).. Haha once is enough for me...

    The thrill is always to bring it down to the tracks or on straights. Nevertheless, I lose some friends to the road as well.

    Well... its all part of my memories.
    I have to agree, the XR600 is a good ride for such distance. Super Taneres would have been a better choice, or even the African Twin.

    Oh, I miss the tracks.

    Like you, I have lost some friends over the last two decades, but interestingly, more died in car accidents than on bikes. I just find cars too slow and boring. Even supercars are really slow as compared to the R1 or Strad1100. Ah well, that is a different play thing altogether.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jurong Island
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Quote Originally Posted by microcosm View Post
    I have to agree, the XR600 is a good ride for such distance. Super Taneres would have been a better choice, or even the African Twin.

    Oh, I miss the tracks.

    Like you, I have lost some friends over the last two decades, but interestingly, more died in car accidents than on bikes. I just find cars too slow and boring. Even supercars are really slow as compared to the R1 or Strad1100. Ah well, that is a different play thing altogether.
    Its the experiencing of the G-factor pull. 0-100km/h in under 3secs?

  5. #5

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    Its the experiencing of the G-factor pull. 0-100km/h in under 3secs?
    Yup... truly a rider... guess after experiencing those Superbikes, one becomes a G-Force junkie.

  6. #6
    Senior Member dominator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Amazon Forest
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Add me in to the bike club.

    Was a bike fanatic for many years until recently been busy with others commitment.
    During 1st few years of biking, rode the LC kia to desaru..kota tinggi, wr to the hill top of pontian, got an ST11 for a short while and been around sg-penang. In between also bought an rode a few others bike, hate sport bikes the most.

    Downgraded and bought a s4 in year 99 and clocked mileage of 92,000km within 22 months covering malaysia and hatyai. Downgraded again for a rxz for the shiok-ness of 2 stroke

    Finally got a dominator few years ago till which still riding now. It helps to condition my iron butt covering more than 100,000km including the trunk road of malaysia, busy streets of bangkok and the tough road from aranyapathet poipet border to siemreap.

    Year 2001 got 2 months mc and a 7 inch scar on my right shoulder due to an ambitious attempt to look at chio bu while on a tight corner.

    Call me stingy or whatever , because i do the bike maintenance mostly by myself. It is better to know your machine well so that any hiccups along any trips will be at your finger tips.

    Cheers!
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jurong Island
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Anyone heard of the iron butt race? (Sg - Malaysia (Thai border) and back to sg) in the shortest possible time? Think someone did that on a R1 IIRC.

  8. #8
    Senior Member dominator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Amazon Forest
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Quote Originally Posted by microcosm View Post
    I have to agree, the XR600 is a good ride for such distance. Super Taneres would have been a better choice, or even the African Twin.

    Oh, I miss the tracks.

    Like you, I have lost some friends over the last two decades, but interestingly, more died in car accidents than on bikes. I just find cars too slow and boring. Even supercars are really slow as compared to the R1 or Strad1100. Ah well, that is a different play thing altogether.
    Same here, I lost friends over accidents too.
    Worst one was a guilty feeling towards a lady friend. Before taking her license, she loves to sit bikes and I was teaching her how to ride too.

    Car will be good for family outing.
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

  9. #9
    Senior Member dominator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Amazon Forest
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    Anyone heard of the iron butt race? (Sg - Malaysia (Thai border) and back to sg) in the shortest possible time? Think someone did that on a R1 IIRC.
    I know of a guy who did it in 6hr20mins or so. 2nd link esso to thailand sadao immigration border and back. On a zx12
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jurong Island
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Quote Originally Posted by dominator View Post
    I know of a guy who did it in 6hr20mins or so. 2nd link esso to thailand sadao immigration border and back. On a zx12
    Inclusive of the stopover to pump petrol, he must be averaging of at least 270km/h to 280km/h. Ghost Rider..

  11. #11

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Looks like we have a couple of serious riders in here too... that is good to know that we are not alone...

    Iron Butt? I never knew that one... maybe because I am out of the country so much, which causes me to ride a lot less.

    Used to ride up to Malacca for supper on weekends with friends. That is only time we can let our bikes let loose a little...

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    hey micro,

    Used to be on LC, RD and RG in the 80's. then came bandit.

    for the biggies, i shared witha friend, KLX650, Z-11 (amazing pulling power) and the best ride i ever had...BMW GS1150.

    thinking of going back riding again after a 10 yr break...how miss those days.

  13. #13

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    hey micro,

    Used to be on LC, RD and RG in the 80's. then came bandit.

    for the biggies, i shared witha friend, KLX650, Z-11 (amazing pulling power) and the best ride i ever had...BMW GS1150.

    thinking of going back riding again after a 10 yr break...how miss those days.
    Woot! The GS1150... that is one sweet smooth mother of a ride... but from what I have heard (I have not rode this beast myself) is that it is quite a fragile bike. Doesn't like hard knocks and drops. Is that true?

    Looks like you are a Kawasaki friend when it comes to the biggies. I have always felt that the green label is overpriced among the Jap offerings. But the Ninjas were made famous by Top Gun... remember Tom Cruise speeding down the runway on that monster? Hmmm....

    I never rode a Ninja in my whole life... since the late 80s when it was released... always felt that they designed their bikes more for the Caucasian build more than the smaller Asian build. Then again... Suzie built the Hayabusa... and I am no fan of this...

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Quote Originally Posted by microcosm View Post
    Woot! The GS1150... that is one sweet smooth mother of a ride... but from what I have heard (I have not rode this beast myself) is that it is quite a fragile bike. Doesn't like hard knocks and drops. Is that true?

    Looks like you are a Kawasaki friend when it comes to the biggies. I have always felt that the green label is overpriced among the Jap offerings. But the Ninjas were made famous by Top Gun... remember Tom Cruise speeding down the runway on that monster? Hmmm....

    I never rode a Ninja in my whole life... since the late 80s when it was released... always felt that they designed their bikes more for the Caucasian build more than the smaller Asian build. Then again... Suzie built the Hayabusa... and I am no fan of this...
    The BMW has upgraded that model to GS1200, but wayyyy over priced in SG, new $37-40K, in the US it is $17-20K using same currency...so now just do some hunting on a used one. I think they are fairly durable and easily maintained.

    It's mine friend that likes the kawa, me only minority share.. I am itching to try the blackbird or Haya, but i know deep in my heart it is the enduro that I want.

    recently I went to take a look at all the 600s...but the riding position will give a good bad ache.

    I think I have to thank tom cruise, he's one of the reason that inspired me to ride...esp that seen he roared down the runway with his ninja..too cool

  15. #15

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    I am currently taking a break from riding and waiting for the new designs (concept turned production) that should be hitting the shelves in the next few years. Also, I am so curious about trying out the trikes that has been selling overseas...

  16. #16

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Have been a biker since 1978. Currently riding a STX and Bmw F650 Dakar. Like this combination very much. Can cover wide terrain of road condition. Places I 've been on bike, Laos, Cambodia, most part of Thailand. Planning to go Laos again next year. Most the time I ride solo in Malaysia. Its fun to chartered un familiar terrain with the use of GPS navigator.
    Bikes that I had own before, RX100, Kawa KH250, Honda cub, Honda SL250, Suzuki LX400, Yamaha Virago400, Honda VFR750 Magna, CBX400, ST11.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Been riding since 1994, and still is.

    Crazy about bikes even before i could ride one and rushed down on my birthday to enrolled for the license.

    Dream bike? Harley Davidson Fatboy

    But well back to reality, I got hooked on new hobbies Scuba Diving and PHOTOGRAPHY and UNDERWATER photography, I find it impossible to own a luxurious bike like that.

    still my preference for bike over car, (even im driving now, company car)
    haha

    I rode a Vespa to Port Dickson and back. presently i have a vespa and a Super4 Version S
    Bikes owned before
    1. Vespa
    2. FZRR 400 Ex-Up
    3. Cagiva Mito 7
    4. RX-K
    5. Super4

    I am aiming to get a new bike, in the next few years, most probably getting a Sportster Sport 1200. the big twins are abit too much... unless my pays Doubles! hahaha

    No car can replace the experience of being on a bike in the wind at 300km/hr
    Last edited by lovells19; 8th August 2007 at 05:29 PM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post

    No car can replace the experience of being on a bike in the wind at 300km/hr
    On a vespa??


  19. #19

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Let's see... a 1,200 cc Vespa with Twin Supercharger Fuel Injection System and RS Germany designed aerodynamic body kit... plus testosterone injections/drip fitted above the fuel tank connected to the rider's butt for the extra (excuse me)...balls... sounds possible...

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jurong Island
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: How many CSers here are serious bikers?

    Quote Originally Posted by microcosm View Post
    Let's see... a 1,200 cc Vespa with Twin Supercharger Fuel Injection System and RS Germany designed aerodynamic body kit... plus testosterone injections/drip fitted above the fuel tank connected to the rider's butt for the extra (excuse me)...balls... sounds possible...
    Haha no way to ride it man! It'll flip over at any gear!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •