Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: which lens is the next logical step?

  1. #21

    Default Re: which lens is the next logical step?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    They are just lenses which just allows you to focus up closer all of them are able to focus all the way down to infinity also.
    so i read that it's 1:2.7 and 1:3 magnification for the 2 lenses..

    that's not THAT macro right? it says nearest focusing distance is 20cm!! that's like.. quite far.

    i think i better go shop test it out.
    D80 | 50 f1.4 | 85 f1.8

  2. #22
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: which lens is the next logical step?

    Quote Originally Posted by foxxkat View Post
    so i read that it's 1:2.7 and 1:3 magnification for the 2 lenses..

    that's not THAT macro right? it says nearest focusing distance is 20cm!! that's like.. quite far.

    i think i better go shop test it out.
    Please note that 20cm is from the sensor to the subject... not the lens element to the subject.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: which lens is the next logical step?

    Quote Originally Posted by foxxkat View Post
    so i read that it's 1:2.7 and 1:3 magnification for the 2 lenses..

    that's not THAT macro right? it says nearest focusing distance is 20cm!! that's like.. quite far.

    i think i better go shop test it out.
    your 50mm 1.4 is 45cm there abouts...

    20cm.. isnt as far as you think.. its actually quite close
    chezburgr i can haz?

  4. #24

    Default Re: which lens is the next logical step?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Please note that 20cm is from the sensor to the subject... not the lens element to the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    your 50mm 1.4 is 45cm there abouts...

    20cm.. isnt as far as you think.. its actually quite close
    oooh.. ok. i guess that's what the little short line marking on the D80 body is referring to?

    so wen we do macro with macro lens, it should be able to focus at maximum focal length? ie 50mm for the sigma 18-50/2.8
    D80 | 50 f1.4 | 85 f1.8

  5. #25

    Default Re: which lens is the next logical step?

    Quote Originally Posted by foxxkat View Post
    oooh.. ok. i guess that's what the little short line marking on the D80 body is referring to?

    so wen we do macro with macro lens, it should be able to focus at maximum focal length? ie 50mm for the sigma 18-50/2.8
    Yeah.. the line which looks something like -o-.

    Yes. For macro, the maximum magnification is rated at the longest focal length.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •