Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nokia N80 or 6110 Navigator?

Default Re: Nokia N80 or 6110 Navigator?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    you can share connection with other laptops for eg, winxp to winxp, mac to mac, cos they can read each other & pair up... (winxp have a share connection as host etc...) but your e65 dun think have this feature.
    I guess I have given up hope for my e65 to connect to my macbook already lah. haha.. going to delete the settings in my phone..

Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    Ok my macbook is connected to a DSL line via eternet.

Then at macbook's, i did the following steps:
    1. system preference
    2. go to 'sharing'
    3. go to 'internet' tab
    4. share your connection from <choose built-in eternet>
    5. to computer using: <put a tick at 'airport'>
    6. click on 'Airport options'
    7. enable encryption (for your security) and enter your preferred password.
    (notice that your airport icon at top right hand toolbar changes to an arrow pointing upwards.

over at my iBook,

I just go to the airport icon at top right hand toolbar, select my macbook computer name and can use internet after i enter the correct password.

In this way, I eliminate the need of having a wireless router or airport base station at home. The only disadvantage is that for my ibook to be able to surf net (via macbook), the macbook must be on.
    I see. How about disable the security and encryption key at the macbook.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    I see. How about disable the security and encryption key at the macbook.
    if you disable the security and encryption key, it will be easier for other people to tap into your network and slow down your surfing speed, and to extreme cases, they can tap into your computer system.

if you disable the security and encryption key, it will be easier for other people to tap into your network and slow down your surfing speed, and to extreme cases, they can tap into your computer system.
    I mean disable a short period to test whether the problem lies at the security issues.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    I mean disable a short period to test whether the problem lies at the security issues.

oh! hehe i've tried that.

In fact, my e65 can successfully connect to my macbook via WIFI. but when surfing, it give me all sorts of problems and errors relating to bad gateway or cannot find WLAN, etc...

I guess I have given up hope for my e65 to connect to my macbook already lah. haha.. going to delete the settings in my phone..
    don't think there is a way to connect phone to computer via WIFI..only bluetooth/IR
    eat. drink. shoot

Is the E series good? Always feel that N series is like the more 'premium' and 'zai' one with functions better..
    N series is more for the video and music function..E series is the "executive" series IIRC...more business functions like word, spreadsheet. sound quality and screen res for E series are great too
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    N series is more for the video and music function..E series is the "executive" series IIRC...more business functions like word, spreadsheet. sound quality and screen res for E series are great too
    Haha, I only found out this on the day when I got my phone. Naturally, I go for E series. Don't need those video and music function as much as business functions. hehe.. in anyway it's a cool phone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12