Thread: Opinions on the HP pavilion.

Default Opinions on the HP pavilion.

http://h50025.www5.hp.com/ENP5/Publi...D=377&pageID=2

considering this laptop as i am a student.

Seems like a good deal, but at 1.5k, i'm wondering if I'm missing something, perhaps a rat. anyone can give honest opinions of this?

Default Re: Opinions on the HP pavilion.

Nope, looks reasonale not overly cheap, amd is cheap nowadays... i say go for it... just don't expect to be able to play many games on it....

I think as a student this tablet is fine, but from a more tech savvy end-user point of view, the specifications for this laptop isn't that wonderful. Yes this is perfectly fine for websurfing and typing on word and listening to music, but when you talk about photoshop, video editing and gaming, this laptop is definitely not up to it. Firstly, this runs on AMD, and not Intel Core 2 Duo. Secondly, 512KB L2 Cache is just too little. On average, a PC today should have 2-4MB of cache. I would advice a RAM upgrade to 1.5GB, considering this is running Vista. But the finger print scanner thing is cool! Look around for other tablets, try them out then decide. But from prior experience, Hp is usually more expensive and less worth it as compared to Dell and Acer..
    Photography is about seeing without a camera.
    60D | LX3 | Flickr

Wifi should be a/g/n too.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

well, i say if possible, "spam" it all the way up to 2gb of ram... either DIY or ask them for upgrade...
    processor is nothing much to worry about for the difference between AMD x2 and low end duo-core ain't that much different...

IMO Win Vista should have around 2GB of RAM to really work well. 1GB is the bare minimum.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.