Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 75

Thread: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

  1. #21

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    Quote Originally Posted by bjol1 View Post
    is this contest open for a Singaporean PR as well ?

    yes yes

  2. #22

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    Will the caption affect the winning picture too?

  3. #23

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    hmm. i think it will help the judges to understand ur pic more ya

  4. #24

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    Hi Bob,

    Perhaps you are in position to clarify this. Most of my photos are in 1290 x 960.It satisfy the entry requirement of 1280 pixels length; however it does not meet the 2000 x 1000 pixels in the event the picture is selected, not that I think my pictures are so good. Also they are between 280 and 320KB????. Pardon my ignorance on this subject.

    5. Your digital file submissions should be max 300KB in size, JPEG format, sRGB and 1280 pixels on its longest dimension. Participants are responsible for downsizing the image for submission.

    For selected works, you will be required to provide the original high-resolution file which should have a pixel dimension of at least 2000x1500.


    Quote Originally Posted by boblee View Post
    Please be assured that your IC numbers, be it on the entry form or the photos, will be treated with the strictest confidentality, and will not be made public in any way. We require you to caption your photos using your IC number so as to facilitate our handling of the entries, as there might be duplicate file names among the entries received, and it will be much easier for us to match your photos with your entry.

  5. #25

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    as for the title n caption can i just submit in PDF format attach togather with my entry shots and email over? coz i write in mandarin, n some of the email client does not support mandarin character.

    another thing is if in the event i miss out my title in the 1st email,can i just include it in n resend my entry again?

    thanks for enlighten me

  6. #26

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    Quote Originally Posted by boblee View Post
    Please be assured that your IC numbers, be it on the entry form or the photos, ....
    one more question,
    is there such an Entry Form ? we just need to email the pictures to mypaperpromo@sph.com.sg right ?
    Thanks in advance.

  7. #27

    Talking Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    "is there such an Entry Form ? " oh ya . there is no entry form :P but information tht u send in will be in the email when u send in. name, contact and ur ic number is on the file name
    Last edited by boblee; 17th August 2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: angmo write wrong wrong

  8. #28

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    hi bob,
    sorry to ask is caption write in PDF format acceptable?
    if there is missing information can i resend again?
    thanks a million.

  9. #29

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    Quote Originally Posted by e_beekia99 View Post
    hi bob,
    sorry to ask is caption write in PDF format acceptable?
    if there is missing information can i resend again?
    thanks a million.
    PDF format - ok with the email- yes
    if there is missing information can i resend again?
    thanks a million - ok .......

  10. #30

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    Quote Originally Posted by boblee View Post
    hmm. i think it will help the judges to understand ur pic more ya
    Ic, thanks for the clarification.

  11. #31

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    Quote Originally Posted by dogcom View Post
    Hi Bob,

    Perhaps you are in position to clarify this. Most of my photos are in 1290 x 960.It satisfy the entry requirement of 1280 pixels length; however it does not meet the 2000 x 1000 pixels in the event the picture is selected, not that I think my pictures are so good. Also they are between 280 and 320KB????. Pardon my ignorance on this subject.
    If your source images are 1280x960 I'm afraid they will not qualify. This is because the winning images will be used in various forms(online, publishing, promo) and hence must be capable of being printed to a decent size(e.g at least S8R). In a this time and age when compact digicams are 6MP and more, a 3MP requirement is not a demanding requirement to meet. Perhaps you may have other pictures that fulfills the requirements?


    The 300KB limit applies only for the online submission.

    Quote Originally Posted by stor
    Could the organiser of this competition advise why should the participants need to use their IC nos to represent the files that they are submitting? For the convenience of the persons sorting out the entries I supposed. One should be aware of the sensitivity of the IC nos being used in public places and falling into the wrong hands.

    Of late, it is a concern that some competition are employing this method of submission and this matter should be look into.

    Steven Tor
    Hi Steven,

    NRIC is a requirement to uniquely identify the owner of the submission and yes it also helps to streamline the process of collating the entries since there is a chance of duplicate entries if merely names were used. (i.e 2 persons with same name)

    This is precisely why NRIC is almost always required in any form of submission in competitions or lucky draws. In fact, I cannot recall any major competition in recent times that does not call for it.
    I see your concerns, but this request is neither unusual nor out of place for it serves an administrative purpose.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,507

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    Just to clarify.... "All images should be submitted online before 16 Aug 2007." ... meaning the deadline is tonight? Or tomorrow night?

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    Quote Originally Posted by rOnGrEn View Post
    Just to clarify.... "All images should be submitted online before 16 Aug 2007." ... meaning the deadline is tonight? Or tomorrow night?
    yap.. same question from me also.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    my heart in san francisco
    Posts
    2,233

    Wink Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    according to Bob via pm, he mentioned tomorrow night - 16th.

  15. #35

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    Hi

    Despite the fact that IC nos. helps to streamline the process of collating the entries, I felt organisers for future competition should look into other means to label the photos without the need to use IC nos.

    I have taken part in numerous competitions and in most cases, IC nos. were not used to label the photos. Even telco companies have adopted the practice of using the last 4 digits of IC no. for receipt or other transaction documents since complaints from public about misuse of IC nos.

    In fact in some competition, IC nos is only required when one won the prize and it is used for verification and the possible need to track back the persons if dispute arises. I am not putting up any argument here but just taught that usage of IC nos. for such purpose should be minimize to avoid any possible misuse down the road. One can check with the few major recent competition organisers how they label and sort the submitted pictures without use IC nos as the label.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerstorer View Post


    Hi Steven,

    NRIC is a requirement to uniquely identify the owner of the submission and yes it also helps to streamline the process of collating the entries since there is a chance of duplicate entries if merely names were used. (i.e 2 persons with same name)

    This is precisely why NRIC is almost always required in any form of submission in competitions or lucky draws. In fact, I cannot recall any major competition in recent times that does not call for it.
    I see your concerns, but this request is neither unusual nor out of place for it serves an administrative purpose.

  16. #36

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    Quote Originally Posted by stor View Post
    Hi

    Despite the fact that IC nos. helps to streamline the process of collating the entries, I felt organisers for future competition should look into other means to label the photos without the need to use IC nos.

    I have taken part in numerous competitions and in most cases, IC nos. were not used to label the photos. Even telco companies have adopted the practice of using the last 4 digits of IC no. for receipt or other transaction documents since complaints from public about misuse of IC nos.

    In fact in some competition, IC nos is only required when one won the prize and it is used for verification and the possible need to track back the persons if dispute arises. I am not putting up any argument here but just taught that usage of IC nos. for such purpose should be minimize to avoid any possible misuse down the road. One can check with the few major recent competition organisers how they label and sort the submitted pictures without use IC nos as the label.
    Hope when display the winning pictures on My Paper web, the pictures' names are re-named before posting .... Just 2 cents.
    Capture something different

  17. #37

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    Oh no i forgetten to put down my name!!

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Quezon City, Philippines, Phil
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    do you have to put your name???????????? mine don't put my name mah! how? because the rules says......


    15. Entry files must be renamed according to contestants NRIC number. i.e S1234567A_1.jpg, S1234567A_2.jpg, S1234567A_3.jpg respectively for 3 entries and emailed to mypaperpromo@sph.com.sg


    but when i send my entry i put my particulars in the email!

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    122

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest

    I din put down my name & telephone number too... they didn't ask for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by glennboi View Post
    do you have to put your name???????????? mine don't put my name mah! how? because the rules says......


    15. Entry files must be renamed according to contestants NRIC number. i.e S1234567A_1.jpg, S1234567A_2.jpg, S1234567A_3.jpg respectively for 3 entries and emailed to mypaperpromo@sph.com.sg


    but when i send my entry i put my particulars in the email!

  20. #40
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: mypaper - In MyHeart contest


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •