Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: How to minimise motion blur?

  1. #1

    Default How to minimise motion blur?

    Is there a way to minimise motion blur / handshake? Just tried taking pics at an outdoor event and a lot of pics came out blur due to my hands shaking... any tips to minimise this?

    What's VR & IS. Sorry I'm too noob...

    I'm using a Canon 300D (18 - 55mm kit lens)

    Sample pic:
    Used Ap Priority Mode 5.6, 1/60 sec, ISO 200, AWB, No flash

    Subject was moving obviously. She was singing.
    Last edited by p7m13; 5th August 2007 at 09:38 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to minimise motion blur?

    Get VR.

    Practise good shooting technique.

    Use a tripod.

    You sure it's handshake or motion blur? Post your pictures, please! Thanks.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default Re: How to minimise motion blur?

    Did you use flash? The motion blur (be it the subject, or your unsteady hands) can be removed by using a faster shutter speed.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    PunggolJetty.Com
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: How to minimise motion blur?

    Check the EXIF of your photos and see what shutter speed you had during the event.

    Were the subjects in motion?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default Re: How to minimise motion blur?

    Not sure what system is the TS using. If Canon, get IS.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Get VR.

    Practise good shooting technique.

    Use a tripod.

    You sure it's handshake or motion blur? Post your pictures, please! Thanks.

  6. #6

    Default Re: How to minimise motion blur?

    Like others who have replied,

    1. Use image stablizer (or IS) lenses, assuming you are using Canon DSLR
    2. Use monopod or tripod
    3. Practice good posture, hand holding and breathing techniques
    4. For a start, keep your camera's shutter shutter speed faster than 1/(lens focal length)

  7. #7

    Default Re: How to minimise motion blur?

    read from somewhere
    just ensure your shutter speed is higher than your reciprocal of the focal length of your lens.
    e.g 200mm lens shutter speed is 1/200 or larger 1/250.

  8. #8

    Default Re: How to minimise motion blur?

    Updated my first post. Sorry for being vague.

  9. #9

    Default Re: How to minimise motion blur?

    Quote Originally Posted by p7m13 View Post
    Is there a way to minimise motion blur / handshake? Just tried taking pics at an outdoor event and a lot of pics came out blur due to my hands shaking... any tips to minimise this?

    What's VR & IS. Sorry I'm too noob...

    I'm using a Canon 300D

    Sample pic:
    Used Ap Priority Mode, 1/60 sec, ISO 200, AWB, No flash

    Subject was moving obviously. She was singing.
    it looks to me the wall behind her is more in focus than she is.... i think either your lens is back focusing / you AF point was on the wall instead of her....

  10. #10

    Default Re: How to minimise motion blur?

    Quote Originally Posted by zj2000 View Post
    it looks to me the wall behind her is more in focus than she is.... i think either your lens is back focusing / you AF point was on the wall instead of her....
    Agree, doesn't look like handshake, more like Out of Focus issues.

  11. #11

    Default Re: How to minimise motion blur?

    use a faster shutter ya...thats all u need...

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: How to minimise motion blur?

    It may be due to the aperture size. The kit lens isn't too sharp at the widest aperture at 55mm to begin with?

  13. #13

    Default Re: How to minimise motion blur?

    Quote Originally Posted by cantaresg View Post
    It may be due to the aperture size. The kit lens isn't too sharp at the widest aperture at 55mm to begin with?
    its looks more like blur shots...cause even at f5.6 at 55mm...this is a very sharp lens...

  14. #14

    Default Re: How to minimise motion blur?

    Quote Originally Posted by p7m13 View Post
    Subject was moving obviously. She was singing.
    Quote Originally Posted by huggable View Post
    Not sure what system is the TS using. If Canon, get IS.
    Is Canon's IS able to freeze the moving singer? I'm pretty sure Nikon's VR can't.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 6th August 2007 at 06:28 PM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: How to minimise motion blur?

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest2 View Post
    its looks more like blur shots...cause even at f5.6 at 55mm...this is a very sharp lens...
    I think I'll increase the aperature by one step at max zoom and see whether the shots get sharper. Or another thing could be that my auto-focus isn't working too good. And yeah, do something with my shaky hands.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •