Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: how many audiophiles are photographers?

Default Re: how many audiophiles are photographers?

Just what I am using now,

Wadia 861 CD Player
    dCS 972 192/24 Upsampler
    Korsun v10i Integrated Amp (350W)
    Dynaudio Contour 1.3SE on Solidsteel stands
    All NBS Statement II/III Powercords, interconnects (XLR & RCA), Digital cables (XLR) and Speaker cables
    PS Audio Power Director and Outlet

Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    get the RA-1 clone, its not difficult to get someone to make it for you, way cheaper than the original with similar or better parts, less the wooden casing.

i used to own a grado sr125 and have auditioned the RS1 before, whether its an overkill or underkill, its a matter or preference because i tested the RS1 on a portable source as well, and the mids, strings, and vocals were definitely distinct to that of a lower grado model. but eventually i quitted grado cuz i couldnt stand the coupling at least, it gives me a slight ear-ache everytime i listen, but thats subjected to individuals, and you could actually reduce that by using some different earpads etc
    I get ear ache with my MS Pro, can't imagine using a RS-1.

Anyway, the RA-1 is seen as overpriced for some people. If you want to use with iPod, probably the RSA Hornet or Tomahawk or the Gilmore stuff will be a better buy.
    A camera cannot teach you how to see.

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Awww... you have the pioneer stable platter system & the CD63 Ki! Wicked!

How's the 8000A as a preamp? I'm contemplating getting the 8000C but i find if i get the 8000A, it'll be an overkill as it's an integrated with onboard amplification...
    The 8000A is a dual-purpose amp indeed. I did not want to buy the 8000P at first but instead a friend of mine let me have it for $200 (a steal!) as he is upgrading his system.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Which Pioneer PD? I have the PD-8700 and PD-S801

What cartridge are you running on your TD 160 Mk II? I'm running both the Shure M55E (for that retro sound) and the Shure V15 Type III.
    I have a Pioneer Elite PD-65. As for the Thorens, I am using Sumiko Blue Point. Before that, I had an Ortofon. I don't like the sound from Shure..... Too lean for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by cwtan12 View Post
    What is the price range of Tomahawk? Say I have a budget of $2k. I dont see any point of spending more than $2k on something that produced from MP3 players because of the limitation of the format.

tomahawk about 520. 5pro about 370. plus a lineout cable for ipod for as little as 30+ to 100+...so your 2K more than enough la.....can even spend the other 1k on a modified ipod for a better source.

me into stereo too!
    sugden a21a, cd63, akai tuner, coral flat 8 fullranger, belden cables.
    jazz, rock, and blues!
    The sooner you get it, the longer you enjoy it.
    I welcome you @ www.benaw.zenfolio.com

I am looking for a small and cheap amp like the Sonic Impact t-amp to hook up my PC to an external set of speakers. Is Sonic Impact available here?

Or is there an similar type of amp that is small like a headphone amp but can accept line in and speaker out via bare cable? thanks!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345