Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: The Hand, Feet, Boot, Paintbrushes, and Sponge (Hardware and Software)

  1. #1

    Default The Hand, Feet, Boot, Paintbrushes, and Sponge (Hardware and Software)

    Hi all C&C Please

    I've taken this photo on my way to SOHO area, New York.
    Noticed two Indian construction workers did some job painting on the stairs of the houses there. On this pic, I wanted to show the combination of tools and scene which he worked "painstakingly".

    The scene was kinda dull, cloudy, hence I used "Cloudy" WB (Too bad my CF almost full, cannot take RAW and hence I used JPG mode)

    Please C&C on composition and colors. FYI : there's no postprocessing on this image, other than resize.

    Last edited by ahandre; 5th August 2007 at 10:11 PM.
    ahandre (using Nikon & Sony Ericsson)
    MyFlickr-Ahandre

  2. #2

    Default Re: The Hand, Feet, Boot, Paintbrushes, and Sponge (Hardware and Software)

    Quote Originally Posted by ahandre View Post
    Hi all C&C Please

    I've taken this photo on my way to SOHO area, New York.
    Noticed two Indian construction workers did some job painting on the stairs of the houses there. On this pic, I wanted to show the combination of tools and scene which he worked "painstakingly".

    The scene was kinda dull, cloudy, hence I used "Cloudy" WB (Too bad my CF almost full, cannot take RAW and hence I used JPG mode)

    Please C&C on composition and colors. FYI : there's no postprocessing on this image, other than resize.

    OK, I learnt something from other thread. Not much to comment = not worth to comment. I'll try harder next time. Thanks for the time.
    ahandre (using Nikon & Sony Ericsson)
    MyFlickr-Ahandre

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nee Soon
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: The Hand, Feet, Boot, Paintbrushes, and Sponge (Hardware and Software)

    Quote Originally Posted by ahandre View Post
    OK, I learnt something from other thread. Not much to comment = not worth to comment. I'll try harder next time. Thanks for the time.
    Don't feel disheartened, man.
    My half-penny comments: when I first saw this photo, my brain was trying to figure out if the leg and hand belong to the same person. I guess not. The brush being held wasn't immediately obvious it's a brush because of the angle it was held.

  4. #4

    Default Re: The Hand, Feet, Boot, Paintbrushes, and Sponge (Hardware and Software)

    Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    Don't feel disheartened, man.
    My half-penny comments: when I first saw this photo, my brain was trying to figure out if the leg and hand belong to the same person. I guess not. The brush being held wasn't immediately obvious it's a brush because of the angle it was held.
    Thanks for the comment. The hand and leg belong to same person. Actually there were two paintbrushes there. One in hand, another on steps. But i agree the one in hand wasn't very obvious.
    ahandre (using Nikon & Sony Ericsson)
    MyFlickr-Ahandre

  5. #5

    Default Re: The Hand, Feet, Boot, Paintbrushes, and Sponge (Hardware and Software)

    actually i like the abstracity of this shot. like arpinkor, it seemeed to be that the leg and hand belongs to 2 different entities.

    however, to me, it is like a chopped leg and hand placed there together with the other items to show the abstract view of the hand, boot, sponge and paintrbushes
    Nikon!
    flickr

  6. #6

    Default Re: The Hand, Feet, Boot, Paintbrushes, and Sponge (Hardware and Software)

    Thank you all for the CC..... any idea how to make this work for you guys ?
    ahandre (using Nikon & Sony Ericsson)
    MyFlickr-Ahandre

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •