Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Duno what pics to take... very lost.

Default Re: Duno what pics to take... very lost.

If embrassed, you can buy a big ass camera to hang. Sure got lots of "Oooo, Aaaaa" when you stroll down orchard road.

I started out with a Sony H2, nothing to be ashamed about.

If I was still stuck with it I'd be happy too, prosumers definitely more versatile than most P&S.

I remember lunas producing quite a lot of good pics with his Sony H5, there are also quite a number here who use prosumers and are proud of it. You can produce good pictures with a prosumers that can rival those of DSLRs if you work within limitations, why be ashamed? Take pictures to prove all those people who look you no up wrong.

Well you can also grab a bigass tripod while you're at it. =)
    Last edited by night86mare; 7th August 2007 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sin77 View Post
    how come so much guessing over my camera?
    It's just fuji S5700.
    Its really cheap cheap like i said.
    i always bring my Canon Ixus 65 to pubs and clubs...and took many good pictures of girls, my friends and myself. Small camera is good mah, light and compact, no need to feel embarrassed to take photos! always shoot with a smile! Relax and have fun, photography is a fun hobby to share: share the process with friends, and share the outcome with friends.

I've to agree with you Singapore is not as scenic as China, India, Australia or New Zealand, but, still have something to shoot. Singapore people are more camera aware on the street, partly because there are too many CCTV around, people just try to avoid being photographed..be it walking on the street or driving on the highways.

I do not recommend you to shoot macro with S5700 (i dunno this camera anyway), and i personally i think insects are not very cute. Flowers are nice tho, but i prefer human, animals and scenery than insects (I dun like spiders, ants, cockroach, butterfly or even dragonfly to come into my room and hence shooting them is a big no no.....sorry for those who like to shoot this type).

Get a friend to shoot together and you will find it more fun!
    Last edited by orislee; 7th August 2007 at 01:15 PM.

how come so much guessing over my camera?
    It's just fuji S5700.
    Its really cheap cheap like i said.
    Cos u kept on saying ur camera sucks.. but i think to make full use of ur camera u need to know its limitations and how to overcome it.. a prosmer camera also can take beautiful pictures.. go learn more abt photography and ur camera first.. dun be ashamed of it..

Unless u have the $$$ or want to upgrade to a DSLR.. haha..

Do you hang it around your neck? For whole journey?
    Mine is lousy camera, very embarrassed.
    Why worry bout such things? Go check out the photographers in the alternative photography section ... they can hang some cheapass plastic ugly camera and walk around the whole day and ... they are damn bloody proud about it. In the end, it's the photos that matters. Period.

Yea. You are showing your pictures, not your camera.

I was like you lor,, last time. I keep saying camera lousy. actually u need to learn the composition, exposure, focusing etc. keep looking others foto, might learn new things.

save $ bah, if u wan dslr cam. nowadays dslr cam is cheap.

Post a pic here.. let the experts see what is wrong and they can guide u along.. dun worry abt getting flamed.. take it as a way of learning..

It's just fuji S5700.
    This is not just a camera, it is also your birthday gift. You should learn how to make use of it instead of blaming its limitation and admiring other member's gears.

All cameras are capable to take nice photos if you use the correct techniques.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

What kind of images do you respond most strongly to? As in it touches your heart?

Shoot that.

Deregistered

It's just fuji S5700.
    There is nothing wrong with that.

There is a CSer who still goes around shooting with your camera's ancestor, the Fuji S602. And she gets great shots out of it. I myself still use a crummy Coolpix4500. Do those "lousy cameras" make for a feel-lousy set of pictures? Well it is up to you.

Some samples taken on that "lousy" Coolpix4500 camera :-

Well, the S5700 actually has rather good image quality, in daylight of course, and it does macro to 1cm which should give you quite a lot of flexibility for macros already.

I would suggest that when you want to take photos of a scene, instead of taking just one photo and seeing that it is not nice and think that you or your camera is lousy, try taking a few more times, from different angles and perspectives. Surely in all the photos of that scene you will find one that is good. From then on, slowly, you will learn how to compose better.

Anyway, it is also important to learn more about your camera. You should read your camera's manual thoroughly. Your camera actually has full manual controls and is waiting for you to unleash it's true potential. Then you can also read up more on photography such as composition, camera techniques etc. to improve your photography.

Just have fun taking pictures, set it to auto mode and shoot anything, you'll get better over time.

You can join the AG outings, AG means ANYTHING GOES,
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Background
    "AG" means "Anything Goes", as in your gear/media/gender/ age/camera brand does not matter. We welcome all levels of experience (or none at all). What matters is that we all have a good time, making new friends, and making nice pictures. We are the only truly non-partisan outing.

This original series of outings was started promote friendship and photography but minus the equipment comparisons. The one thing that sets us apart is our intimate knowledge of Singapore and the places we go to, it's heritage, it's stories. And we are not limited to gender or region, the AG outings go all over Singapore, and few know the land as well as we do.

Started in 2003 and with over 250 outings to date, the AG series has been a prime model for others to emulate and imitate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

camera sucks ? i think its you not the camera. i've seen a 10yr old take good pics and i feel ashamed . nevertheless, i went out shooting even more. i spent 10k shutter to learn the basics of the camera as well as techniques . im still learning.

you feel scared of people staring at you? i do put it on my neck and i dont give a damn what people say or look at me. i was stopped by security and asked around but i didn t do anything wrong. when people stopped me for taking their pics , i just smile and apologise and show them that i delte their pics away. some even ask me to send their pics .

you're only using an s6500 or 5700 isit ? im using a d50 and sometimes ieven attach my sb-24 flash on it. at times i use my 100-300mm. sometimes my 18-55 kit , sometimes my 28-70. sometimes i bring all of it out and use them all .

i overcame my shyness. thanks to my gf and members of the public. ive learnt a lot from the public on what to shoot.. what not to shoot. some are happy , some are angry. but that didnt deter me from shooting.

from a p&s that was out-of-phase 2 yrs back (no editing done)
    panasonic DMC-LZ1
    Last edited by aloyyolaaloy; 8th August 2007 at 11:09 PM.
    Mountain Training #101: Crouching Photographer Hidden Ladder

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by stimbijik View Post
    Going church?? ok la nvrmind if you need a friend for sceneries or landscape count me in...i am new also and still learning
    can i join... never take up sceneries and landscape bfor...

may i know where i can get to learn more techniques and framing?
    any books or mags which i should invest in?

1. Read the online photography links
    http://www.photozone.de/4Technique/index.html
    http://www.photographytips.com/page.cfm/664
    http://www.danheller.com/techfaq.html
    http://www.photolinks.com/resources.html
    OR

2. Go to Library to borrow books related to photography techniques
    OR

3. Join the Clubsnap photography outing and learn/share from the members
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

The best way is just keep shooting and trying, then listen to crtics by others, and at the same time, look at the products by others and learn from their products, you can even try to 'copy' their frame, composition etc.

In another word, no point reading so much about what books or magazine said, though it helps but the best is still move out and shoot. You'll never learn nor progress and improve if you don't go out and start shooting.

1 Run thru the many gallery in CS
    2 Go to Riceball at Funan and Aldephi where you can find lots and lots of photo books.

And shoot more and learn. You know what - I have got lots of subject to shoot, but not enough time. Working, family commitments, golf. My photo-gear is grossly underutilised.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast