Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 461

Thread: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

  1. #141
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Yes...people power. If everyone complains, and get the government to open up the market, then these people have to think twice before any price increase, because the people will have a choice.
    even competition can form price cartel.. Look at shell, esso etc..
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  2. #142

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Yes...people power. If everyone complains, and get the government to open up the market, then these people have to think twice before any price increase, because the people will have a choice.
    bro, not true leh.
    singaporeans are good at complaining and we usually complained everything,
    but those that was planned to increase has increased w/o failed.
    so far, i've not seen any revert of plan due to people power in singapore.

    singaporeans have no power.
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  3. #143
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    bro, not true leh.
    singaporeans are good at complaining and we usually complained everything,
    but those that was planned to increase has increased w/o failed.
    so far, i've not seen any revert of plan due to people power in singapore.

    singaporeans have no power.
    I agree with you.... we are like the pleasents and grunts in worldcraft... work work work.... kena poke poke poke by the mouse cursor all the time...

  4. #144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,182

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Since Singapore so small, what if the following situation happens?

    Whoever work near where, stay near where. Then they cycle to work place daily and therefore, all public transport got no business. If not cycle, they drive (car pool better still) to work as nearby, save a lot of petrol etc...

    This way, we not saving ourself on spending on public transport but we also save the earth. Not a bad idea but it wouldn't be coming true unless we willing to do so. We just have to let them raise the price every now and then and we keep complaining.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  5. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Since Singapore so small, what if the following situation happens?

    Whoever work near where, stay near where. Then they cycle to work place daily and therefore, all public transport got no business. If not cycle, they drive (car pool better still) to work as nearby, save a lot of petrol etc...

    This way, we not saving ourself on spending on public transport but we also save the earth. Not a bad idea but it wouldn't be coming true unless we willing to do so. We just have to let them raise the price every now and then and we keep complaining.

    I got no choice... my working place is far from my home.... and the transport fare is killing me.... need to change 2 buses and 1 mrt.... faint...

  6. #146
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,182

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    I got no choice... my working place is far from my home.... and the transport fare is killing me.... need to change 2 buses and 1 mrt.... faint...
    If every one cooperate, exchange houses, you will see those transportation company start closing liao. Provided we still are in the 60's and got internet to surf. Now too late and let them eat our $ liao lor.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  7. #147
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    If every one cooperate, exchange houses, you will see those transportation company start closing liao. Provided we still are in the 60's and got internet to surf. Now too late and let them eat our $ liao lor.
    Sigh...... sad hor...

  8. #148
    Senior Member StrifeYun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rivervale Drive
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    aiyo, i feel sad of all the price increase..
    but , cannot compare camrea with transport what

    one is daily expensese (transport) other is hobby/pleasure
    maybe i took 2years to save for my camera ?
    so how to save for transport when it is something i need "now" ?

    anyway both in my books are under difference expenses category

    YYYYY GST YYYYY , now also TRANSPORT, YYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyy
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

  9. #149
    Senior Member StrifeYun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rivervale Drive
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    haiz, now will do more online shopping hahaha .. (B&S form keke) and recently i have been jogging to gym hahaha (for the past ....5months ... 2km oni )

    must use my pleasure expenses to offset transport expenses .... dammm gov dammm
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

  10. #150

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    You are member of public, you complain without solutions, you are a whiner
    You are member of public, you complain and give solutions, you are told, your solutions are stupid.
    You are opposition member, you question the ruling party's decisions, you are called a trouble maker
    You are opposition member, you DONT question the ruling party's decision, you are called a no brainer
    You question fellow members if they are party members are they seem fanatic in their defense and you are told "you are attacking the individual"
    Finally you talk somemore and Mod tells you all.. "okay thread locked and closed"

    I would say our govt must know best for us, and we must accept the reasons if we dont have solutions lest we become any of the above catergories of people. Next election, I am sure we will be smart and we will once again vote for our beloved party and their leaders and look forward to more increases in taxes, fees, cost of living. Also we must trust that our poor will be able to get enough to get by. The recent arguement that the poor cannot be given an extra few dollars saying that it will erode their work ethics is the right one. You see now we dont have to walk to buy tissue. All the disabled and poor are doing their job peddling tissue paper from table to table on crutches and entertaining us with song and dance at almost every MRT.

  11. #151
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Nice, selective quoting and selective rebuttals - I'll assume that points not rebutted are admitted.

    Now on to those you have selectively rebutted:

    Quote Originally Posted by dkw View Post
    Have done so in previous posts, don't care to repeat myself. Where's yours?
    What previous posts? Your first post in this thread is #105 and from then on, I don't see any "have done so"s at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by dkw View Post
    If folk were writing from the perspectuve of helping the poor, I am ALL in favour. The problem is, it is the stingy middle-class s'porean, indulging in PHOTOGRAPHY, which in my younger days, was a too expensive to even countenance and a sure sign of prosperity, complaining about a few cents hike in transport fares, which BUGS me. IMO, if you demand a subsidy for yourself which you do not really need, and in the process reduce the space for the g-ment to target help to the REAL poor, then you are STEALING form the poor. Some people here hijack the problems of the poor as a smokescreen for their own agenda, because they are too stingy, despite having enough disposable income to indulge in a nice hobby, to pay a few cents increase in bus fare. That's what IRKS me.

    I fully support social policies for the poor. If you subsidise across the board, all will benefit, rich or poor, except that the effect is diluted for the poor. The better way is to price services at their true value, so that those who can afford will pay the full value (that's you and me, by the way), and the g-ment can truly focus the subsidies in the way that is meaningful for the low-income.
    Folks may not only write for their own self interests, they may be writing from the perspective of everyone, that includes the poor, the rich, as well as their ownselves. Unlike you who only think about yourself when writing - ie if I got money, I shouldn't complain because I am not affected. My point was to show that anyone can write, and views are not confined only to one's self interests. FYI, I seldom take the bus, yet I still write about such things that affect everyone.

    We are not talking about a subsidy across the board, we are wondering why profits need to keep increasing. When there is a profit, that means there is no subsidy.

    Again, I ask, why can't a billionaire who has money to spend on cameras and everything, gripe about an obviously unfair position or profiteering, by a company, whose services he doesn't intend to use?
    Last edited by vince123123; 3rd August 2007 at 12:24 PM.

  12. #152
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    He assumes a lot when making arguments. Anyway, he has already stated in another thread that he is a government plant.

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    In which way that you think we have not donate to the charity? In which way do you know that we didn't help the poor? Don't argue just for argue sake....

    We are feedback and discuss on how to improve the system....
    wait why your tone sound like the govn....
    It make me really suspect all "those rumours" on the internet are true

  13. #153
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    He must have been fed the line that the 2% GST was to help the poor. The question raised in many internet forums of how much of the 2% goes to the poor and for accountability and breakdown of the distribution, goes noticeably unanswered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ola View Post
    Are you sure the increase of taxes is to help the lower wage earners?

  14. #154
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Because the Government set the pace for everyone. Since the Govt increase price, everyone starts following suit.

    First the Govt, then the GLCs then the Big Companies, then the Small Comapanies.

    Also, it could be a relay race thing - wait for GST hike, then bring in new topics to discuss, and hope people forget old topics (Like GST hike).

    Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post

    YYYYY GST YYYYY , now also TRANSPORT, YYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyy

  15. #155
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post
    aiyo, i feel sad of all the price increase..
    but , cannot compare camrea with transport what

    one is daily expensese (transport) other is hobby/pleasure
    maybe i took 2years to save for my camera ?
    so how to save for transport when it is something i need "now" ?

    anyway both in my books are under difference expenses category

    YYYYY GST YYYYY , now also TRANSPORT, YYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyy
    But but .. it can be twisted that you shouldn't complain when u can afford such expensive

    hobby

    Can upgrade camera, cannot pay just 20-30% more for transport meh ???

    Some of us don't have much disposable income and need to really save and scrap to buy our

    equipment, which is something some ppl need to undstd

    Dun always give reason that got money can buy these and that, price hike

    complain so much.

    Haiz...tink abt those singaporeans fallen behind and are still struggling to cope with the

    rasing cost.


    Companies always using rising oil prices as excuses to raise fare. Seriously, you really think

    they never factor in the unpredictable oil prices to maintain a healthy profit meh ?

    Dun give any stupid reason and force singaporeans to LPPL and swallow down the throat.

    Look at our jam our buses and MRT during peak hour, still want to aim for 6.5million ?

    Bullocks ! Ridiculous to see MIW support any policies that came out from the mouth of

    another elite just to conform to the group..

    Worse of all, most singaporeans are afraid to voice out their unhappiness to avoid being

    labelled as the non-conforming population and incur the wrath of
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  16. #156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    we've been through this for the past few years. there they increase price, here we voice our displeasures. no matter how many forums these displeasures are being voiced out, they still fall on deaf ears. what a shame...

    i think it's bad enough that citizens of spore are going through this. but what about non-citizens? they are the worst hit. they do not get any rebates from the govt and yet, are still subjected to the same price increase.

  17. #157
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Maybe after all the price hikes, they still earn more than they would have back home?

    Singapore is notable for helping to feed foreigners .

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    we've been through this for the past few years. there they increase price, here we voice our displeasures. no matter how many forums these displeasures are being voiced out, they still fall on deaf ears. what a shame...

    i think it's bad enough that citizens of spore are going through this. but what about non-citizens? they are the worst hit. they do not get any rebates from the govt and yet, are still subjected to the same price increase.

  18. #158

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    we've been through this for the past few years. there they increase price, here we voice our displeasures. no matter how many forums these displeasures are being voiced out, they still fall on deaf ears. what a shame...

    i think it's bad enough that citizens of spore are going through this. but what about non-citizens? they are the worst hit. they do not get any rebates from the govt and yet, are still subjected to the same price increase.
    Mmmmmm why would they be here if they are earning peanuts? They are here because their earnings are big bucks in their own country.....

  19. #159

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    we've been through this for the past few years. there they increase price, here we voice our displeasures. no matter how many forums these displeasures are being voiced out, they still fall on deaf ears. what a shame...

    i think it's bad enough that citizens of spore are going through this. but what about non-citizens? they are the worst hit. they do not get any rebates from the govt and yet, are still subjected to the same price increase.
    if they are not dead, they will be stronger n wiser.
    they're suffering now but they will enjoy the fruit we don't get to enjoy later.
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  20. #160

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by dkw View Post
    If folk were writing from the perspectuve of helping the poor, I am ALL in favour. The problem is, it is the stingy middle-class s'porean, indulging in PHOTOGRAPHY, which in my younger days, was a too expensive to even countenance and a sure sign of prosperity, complaining about a few cents hike in transport fares, which BUGS me. IMO, if you demand a subsidy for yourself which you do not really need, and in the process reduce the space for the g-ment to target help to the REAL poor, then you are STEALING form the poor. Some people here hijack the problems of the poor as a smokescreen for their own agenda, because they are too stingy, despite having enough disposable income to indulge in a nice hobby, to pay a few cents increase in bus fare. That's what IRKS me.

    I fully support social policies for the poor. If you subsidise across the board, all will benefit, rich or poor, except that the effect is diluted for the poor. The better way is to price services at their true value, so that those who can afford will pay the full value (that's you and me, by the way), and the g-ment can truly focus the subsidies in the way that is meaningful for the low-income.
    I agree with you.


    Lots of people like to complain for the sake of complaining.
    I bet that if the transport companies were in the red and ask to increase the prices, people will also complain eg. why is management paid so much? why is the company run so inefficiently? why doesn'tthe company cut the unprofitable routes?why doesthe company cut the unprofitable routes?

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •