Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324 LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 461

Thread: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

  1. #421

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by goering View Post
    does it matter which year? they have never reduced fares due to drop in oil prices.
    last few years oil prices keep climbing from $10 in 1999 to almost $80 today.

    so do you think they will reduce fares when oil price now drop to $10 per barrel?
    hopefully.

    like narayana says to them "go take a hike"
    so when's a good time for them to raise fares? when economy is doing well or when economy is doing bad?

  2. #422
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by datan View Post
    how many transport providers?
    which are they?
    if you are talking about buses alone... 6, http://www.kuala-lumpur-city-guide.c...-by-buses.html

    not to mention the many rail services too. if KL is not considered urban, i don't know what is.

  3. #423

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Excellent assessment if viewed from a foreign ground! But, wait, who do we vote for in the opposite party who can run the country with sufficient influence and resources? Back to ground zero; we dont really have much choices. To vote out of negative emotions can be dangerous.

    This is a small country and resources are limited. While we know we cant influence decisions with one voice or one vote, our other best way is to persuade regulators to relax rules for the better with publicly expressed views.

    Peace be unto all.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    hehehe...you guys are all barking up the wrong tree

    complain bitch whine all you want you're never going to get anywhere and look at you guys, all trying to prove a point and trump one another. you unhappy, vote new blood in, what more needs to be said. it's incredible how so many people will argue ridiculous points when all you have to do is vote people out if you are not happy. everyone so quick to find fault when the fault lies with you for putting people in power to represent you if they not doing what you want.

    you can't protest (you can, but who gonna do it), almost all of you are afraid of crossing your government and it does not take a rocket scientist to know that it is so easy to stick it to people here because no one will do anything but whine like a baby.

    this whole thread really shows how idiotic and self serving people can be. It seems most all of you are mad at higher fares but then you guys bicker about the cause of it haha...you will never get anywhere.

    i think about 6 men in a canoe in the middle of the ocean that all decide to start paddling because they are in agreement to find land. yet each of these 6 men are paddling in different directions and different timing and are only actually fighting each other and getting nowhere when at the start they all had a comon thread...

    this is how you all look and this is why you will never get anywhere with this issue...simply vote in new people to tell those in power that if they don't do the job, they're out!

    my dad always told me it is better to have big balls than a big mouth so grab your pair and stand up for yourselves instead of being runover and fighting about the cause when the outcome is the same where you will have to pay anyway...have some balls and put new people in because the writing is on the wall and if you cannot see it with the madness of enblocs, real estate, cost of living, etc., etc,. you will soon be priced right of your own country.

    in my view, what right do people that gave themself an insane raise have to stick it to any singaporean for more money be it gst or allowing higher transportation fares. i would see that as slap on the face but it seems people here don't mind, forget, or believe all the candy coated rhetoric that goes on here...grab your pair and say enough is enough, it frustrates me to see how no one will stand up but yet argue in the background like whining girls...sorry ladies. i mean camon people, point that canoe in the right direction, start paddling together in rhythem, and you will find what you are looking for.

    best of luck, n really, who cares what the cause is...kiasu kiasu kiasu, throw that mindset away and work together

  4. #424

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    if you are talking about buses alone... 6, http://www.kuala-lumpur-city-guide.c...-by-buses.html

    not to mention the many rail services too. if KL is not considered urban, i don't know what is.
    Haiz... datan still dun learn his lesson... HK not enuf wan to challenge KL also.

    tok about main objective.. tink he should be the one reading more.



    But before this gets too personal... hey.. I also dunnoe KL got so many bus operators, tot they are all private buses similar to those Sg discovery fleet thingy.
    Last edited by CYRN; 7th August 2007 at 02:21 AM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  5. #425

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Dear datan

    While it is good to adopt a non conformist attitude in not following group thinking, but clearly, this debate is leading no where.

    Just like any board meeting. During the meeting, if a staff voiced out how good it would be to shave 20% off directors' dividends for the year to help cut costs, that idea might just be a small excuse to the board. The bunch of directors would bang table first, and then encourage that small fry to try to be more creative in managing sums.

  6. #426

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Excellent assessment if viewed from a foreign ground! But, wait, who do we vote for in the opposite party who can run the country with sufficient influence and resources? Back to ground zero; we dont really have much choices. To vote out of negative emotions can be dangerous.

    This is a small country and resources are limited. While we know we cant influence decisions with one voice or one vote, our other best way is to persuade regulators to relax rules for the better with publicly expressed views.

    Peace be unto all.
    Actually, have loh...even wif limited competition.. still got 34% says otherwise liao. But that's not the point in this thread.

    How to persuade? What means and methods?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  7. #427

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Actually, have loh...even wif limited competition.. still got 34% says otherwise liao. But that's not the point in this thread.

    How to persuade? What means and methods?
    Precisely. In that 34%, how many voted out of anger? I do not know the figures, but it would be sad to know if some did.


    Avenues: Through whatever possible avenues be it media print or virtual space. But should be best written professionally to grip their attention. Otherwise, it would just be another view in the delete bin.

  8. #428

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Precisely. In that 34%, how many voted out of anger? I do not know the figures, but it would be sad to know if some did.


    Avenues: Through whatever possible avenues be it media print or virtual space. But should be best written professionally to grip their attention. Otherwise, it would just be another view in the delete bin.
    But that's exactly the point... citizens are human, with brains and heart.. focus too much on the brain and no heart, then results would be worse then undesireable.

    So how about FEER? Isn't that "professional" enuf.

    I kinda of agree with Hawaiisg with this point of barking up the wrong tree.

    So what else can we do? Chit Chat here for fun loh.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  9. #429

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by datan View Post
    the fixed costs of the infrastructure like MRT tunnels etc.

    you yourself brought up this point, how can you not know it is a subsidy?
    those are infrastructure cost to the Govt.. paid thru taxes.

    However (this I'm not sure yet), when there's a tender to bid for running a service like the NEL, IIRC the respective company will not only have to bid their services but one of the component is how much they can pay back in from of rents and such. So I believe that eventually all cost will be recovered by the Govt.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  10. #430

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    if you are talking about buses alone... 6, http://www.kuala-lumpur-city-guide.c...-by-buses.html

    not to mention the many rail services too. if KL is not considered urban, i don't know what is.
    are you referring to the privately owned lines like "Metrobus, Triton, Len Seng, Selangor Ombnibus (sic) and SJ Bus"? These seem to be similar to our own private buses which ply limited roues. Maybe we need a Malaysian to clarify?
    Last edited by datan; 7th August 2007 at 08:44 AM.

  11. #431
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    But that's exactly the point... citizens are human, with brains and heart.. focus too much on the brain and no heart, then results would be worse then undesireable.

    So how about FEER? Isn't that "professional" enuf.

    I kinda of agree with Hawaiisg with this point of barking up the wrong tree.

    So what else can we do? Chit Chat here for fun loh.
    Ya loh... chit chat for fun loh....

  12. #432

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Precisely. In that 34%, how many voted out of anger? I do not know the figures, but it would be sad to know if some did.


    Avenues: Through whatever possible avenues be it media print or virtual space. But should be best written professionally to grip their attention. Otherwise, it would just be another view in the delete bin.
    people deserve the government they get. and they get the government they deserve.

    maybe one these people who vote opposition for the sake of voting opposition, and not because they truly want the opposition to win, will get what they vote for.

  13. #433
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by datan View Post
    people deserve the government they get. and they get the government they deserve.

    maybe one these people who vote opposition for the sake of voting opposition, and not because they truly want the opposition to win, will get what they vote for.
    Somehow i find this thread has a double meaning...... a warning.....

  14. #434

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    It will still increase after all talk and rock.
    The service will still be the same after increase.
    The packed and jammed will be the same after increase.

    After increase, what is there or any there for us?
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  15. #435

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by datan View Post
    people deserve the government they get. and they get the government they deserve.

    maybe one these people who vote opposition for the sake of voting opposition, and not because they truly want the opposition to win, will get what they vote for.
    and the people who vote for the current government because of imaginary fears of a useless alternative party will get the price hikes they deserve together with the self-congratulatory media articles you see in the papers.

    before you start dissing the alternative parties, do get to know those people first. I've met a few who are much more capable and sincere than some in government.
    You have to give credit to these people who are getting no pay out of being in politics.

  16. #436

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    From what I know some of the 66.6 percent who voted are civil servants who dont dare to vote for the opposition as there is a rumour that their votes are tracked and their careers will be finished if they are found to vote against the ruling party. There is also this rumour that our votes are not secret as they all have serial numbers that correspond with our IC numbers hence many people dont dare to vote against the ruling party as they fear reprisals.

    Also our MM Lee recently said this..."if the opposition wins, the army will have to move in!" This statement cause some alarm to mean that the ruling party has control of the military and that it will move it in to crush the opposition even if they have been elected. Some also said it could mean Singapore will decline to the point the army will move in. No explaination was given by MM Lee of his statments, it was a case of let you guess for yourself and see if you dare to risk it.

    As for voting.. honestly how many of us actually get to vote? Each election, the country is craved up into GRCs that ensure the ruling party's seats are secured. We have strange allocations like Toa Payoh being part of Marine Parade GRC..... it explains alot....

  17. #437
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    From what I know some of the 66.6 percent who voted are civil servants who dont dare to vote for the opposition as there is a rumour that their votes are tracked and their careers will be finished if they are found to vote against the ruling party. There is also this rumour that our votes are not secret as they all have serial numbers that correspond with our IC numbers hence many people dont dare to vote against the ruling party as they fear reprisals.

    Also our MM Lee recently said this..."if the opposition wins, the army will have to move in!" This statement cause some alarm to mean that the ruling party has control of the military and that it will move it in to crush the opposition even if they have been elected. Some also said it could mean Singapore will decline to the point the army will move in. No explaination was given by MM Lee of his statments, it was a case of let you guess for yourself and see if you dare to risk it.

    As for voting.. honestly how many of us actually get to vote? Each election, the country is craved up into GRCs that ensure the ruling party's seats are secured. We have strange allocations like Toa Payoh being part of Marine Parade GRC..... it explains alot....

    *tink tink....!!

    i have heard from people that got somebody who asked the MP of his district for help in something lah... then you know how the MP reply? He say "I am sorry, you did not vote for me... i can't help you... " Okay... i would know somebody would say "who is the person, what is his name, whose is the MP.... blah blah blah....." well, i dunno cos i only heard this only... heard only.....

  18. #438
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    and the people who vote for the current government because of imaginary fears of a useless alternative party will get the price hikes they deserve together with the self-congratulatory media articles you see in the papers.

    before you start dissing the alternative parties, do get to know those people first. I've met a few who are much more capable and sincere than some in government.
    You have to give credit to these people who are getting no pay out of being in politics.

    another *tink tink...!!

  19. #439

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Precisely. In that 34%, how many voted out of anger? I do not know the figures, but it would be sad to know if some did.


    Avenues: Through whatever possible avenues be it media print or virtual space. But should be best written professionally to grip their attention. Otherwise, it would just be another view in the delete bin.

    ...and how many of the remaining 66% voted out of fear? how many of 66% voted the same way because that is all they now? how many of the 66% voted that way because of ricebowl tactics and politics?

    don't be so closed minded because not everyone voted for pappies because they liked them, i bet you a lot of them voted that way out of fear...fear of government and fear of change and fear of all the rhetoric of how a new party will run the country into the ground.

  20. #440
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    *tink tink....!!

    i have heard from people that got somebody who asked the MP of his district for help in something lah... then you know how the MP reply? He say "I am sorry, you did not vote for me... i can't help you... " Okay... i would know somebody would say "who is the person, what is his name, whose is the MP.... blah blah blah....." well, i dunno cos i only heard this only... heard only.....
    I oso heard rumours too concerning HDB flat application. I am sure this is all groundless rumour circluated for fun. Its always quoted from colleague frd's relative or so and so's friend and relative



    Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    From what I know some of the 66.6 percent who voted are civil servants who dont dare to vote for the opposition as there is a rumour that their votes are tracked and their careers will be finished if they are found to vote against the ruling party. There is also this rumour that our votes are not secret as they all have serial numbers that correspond with our IC numbers hence many people dont dare to vote against the ruling party as they fear reprisals.

    Also our MM Lee recently said this..."if the opposition wins, the army will have to move in!" This statement cause some alarm to mean that the ruling party has control of the military and that it will move it in to crush the opposition even if they have been elected. Some also said it could mean Singapore will decline to the point the army will move in. No explaination was given by MM Lee of his statments, it was a case of let you guess for yourself and see if you dare to risk it.

    As for voting.. honestly how many of us actually get to vote? Each election, the country is craved up into GRCs that ensure the ruling party's seats are secured. We have strange allocations like Toa Payoh being part of Marine Parade GRC..... it explains alot....
    皮蛋 kor kor relax

    Let's not digress into politics

    Hiaz... got a feeling Mr datan is gona have the final laugh
    Last edited by Static; 7th August 2007 at 01:07 PM.
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •