Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 461

Thread: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

  1. #361

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by datan View Post
    The current corporate entity SBS transit was formed in listed in 1997.
    http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/about/corpprofile.aspx

    To be fair must compare since late 1990s.
    You must be joking rite. SBS long time ago form alreadi. SBSTransit was "formed" as they "re-structed".

    Tomolo they can "re-form" and call them Singapore Bus and Rail Services.. SBRS.. you wan to start counting from tomolo?


    *edit* aliway dun skip the question..realli like to know where you get your 1400% from. mabbe misunderstand the charts and that's why you so for the price increase.
    Last edited by CYRN; 6th August 2007 at 03:46 PM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  2. #362
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by datan View Post
    waiting keenly for your analysis ...
    What analysis u waiting for ?

    I oso keenly awaiting for ur ans to my qtns you gross over

    First thing, what justification do they have when their profits over these years keep increasing ?
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  3. #363

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    I'm onli holding back loh.. see if you wan to read a little more before anihow post again...haiz... realli have to grow out of your spoonfeeding thinking and "research" a little more before challenging data which are easily googled.
    you're the one who posted that site as "evidence".
    besides this is your point so why should I help you find supporting material?

    Official site

    Wiki site

    You wan more... google got 2.28mil returns... you can read all you wan from the links there.
    gimme a break...your transport providers serve different areas in HK.
    eg. Kowloon, airport, Lantau etc.

    that's why I asked for specific urban areas which are served by many transport companies, not countries which are served by many transport companies.

  4. #364

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    You must be joking rite. SBS long time ago form alreadi. SBSTransit was "formed" as they "re-structed".

    Tomolo they can "re-form" and call them Singapore Bus and Rail Services.. SBRS.. you wan to start counting from tomolo?
    I thought we were discussing the current corporate entity ie. the current management team etc. Who knows what kind of cost structure the previous corporate entity had?

    But you want analysis from the 1970s also can. Can anyone find the price of bus fare at that point? Then we must also add in inflation since $1 in 1970 is worth more than $1 today.

    *edit* aliway dun skip the question..realli like to know where you get your 1400% from. mabbe misunderstand the charts and that's why you so for the price increase.

    I said in previous post already, should be 7 times. But 7 times still translate to 40% increase in overall costs.

  5. #365

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    What analysis u waiting for ?

    I oso keenly awaiting for ur ans to my qtns you gross over

    First thing, what justification do they have when their profits over these years keep increasing ?
    um their revenues also keep increasing mah...

  6. #366

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by datan View Post
    you're the one who posted that site as "evidence".
    besides this is your point so why should I help you find supporting material?



    gimme a break...your transport providers serve different areas in HK.
    eg. Kowloon, airport, Lantau etc.

    that's why I asked for specific urban areas which are served by many transport companies, not countries which are served by many transport companies.
    Haiz.. no point arguing wif you on your spiral logic... The fact is that there are readily available evidence and documented experiences. And you are just harping on points which are actually swaying this argument off-track.

    If HK is not Urban, then I dunnoe what is urban.... I hope you've been to HK before and have experienced youself before making your stand on theory only.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  7. #367

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Haiz.. no point arguing wif you on your spiral logic... The fact is that there are readily available evidence and documented experiences. And you are just harping on points which are actually swaying this argument off-track.
    and since its your point its up to you to bring that up...not me. I only in charge of bringing up the points that work in my favour. It's up to you to bring up points that work in your favour.

    If HK is not Urban, then I dunnoe what is urban.... I hope you've been to HK before and have experienced youself before making your stand on theory only.
    I said already, HK got different areas served by different companies.
    What's the point of bringing up one country with different urban areas served by different companies? You might as well say America got New York Bus companies, Philadelphia Bus companies, LA Bus Companies, SF Bus Comapanies, Boston Bus companies...

    I'm asking for one urban areas (be it Kowloon or Lantau or Sentosa) which are served by many different companies.

  8. #368
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Haiz.. no point arguing wif you on your spiral logic... The fact is that there are readily available evidence and documented experiences. And you are just harping on points which are actually swaying this argument off-track.

    If HK is not Urban, then I dunnoe what is urban.... I hope you've been to HK before and have experienced youself before making your stand on theory only.
    Bro, don't waste time argue with him lah, we have said what we wanted to, and lets who read the post judge on their own...

    Rather than carry on like these
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  9. #369

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by datan View Post
    and since its your point its up to you to bring that up...not me. I only in charge of bringing up the points that work in my favour. It's up to you to bring up points that work in your favour..
    That's why I also answer you mah... but seems like you dun get the hint that there are ready evidence to be googled loh.. the idea is to say (let me put it in a straight forward manner).. can you even google evidence in your favor... which you have failed to produce.


    Quote Originally Posted by datan View Post
    I said already, HK got different areas served by different companies.
    What's the point of bringing up one country with different urban areas served by different companies? You might as well say America got New York Bus companies, Philadelphia Bus companies, LA Bus Companies, SF Bus Comapanies, Boston Bus companies...

    I'm asking for one urban areas (be it Kowloon or Lantau or Sentosa) which are served by many different companies.
    Again, you are swaying the argument to some irrevalent comparision. We are refering to Sg bus public transportation... not complaining LCK got less service compared to Sentosa woh.

    I believe for HK case, most services goes to the HK/Kowloon island central area with point to point trunk services to less populated areas.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  10. #370

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    Bro, don't waste time argue with him lah, we have said what we wanted to, and lets who read the post judge on their own...

    Rather than carry on like these
    Fun mah... I also learn new things on the way....

    like this.

    And our taxes from here .

    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  11. #371
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    CYRN: Why don't you just post your evidence to debunk him rather than asking him to go google for it? The hits he locates may not be the hits you were relying on. It is probably better to be clear than to let someone else guess what you are trying to say.

    As for the second point, I think what he's trying to say is that there seems like a number of bus companies in HK, but they do not compete with each other? Ie each has its own zone to ply.

    I haven't been following the arguments between you two, but this is my impression from the last 10-20 posts - my apologies in advance if I misunderstand.

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    That's why I also answer you mah... but seems like you dun get the hint that there are ready evidence to be googled loh.. the idea is to say (let me put it in a straight forward manner).. can you even google evidence in your favor... which you have failed to produce.

    Again, you are swaying the argument to some irrevalent comparision. We are refering to Sg bus public transportation... not complaining LCK got less service compared to Sentosa woh.

    I believe for HK case, most services goes to the HK/Kowloon island central area with point to point trunk services to less populated areas.

  12. #372

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by datan View Post
    um their revenues also keep increasing mah...
    Tot already posted when I extracted the figures from their annual fiscal report.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  13. #373
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Fun mah... I also learn new things on the way....

    like this.

    And our taxes from here .

    True that learn a lot of info from you guys, but need to get back to work now
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  14. #374

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    CYRN: Why don't you just post your evidence to debunk him rather than asking him to go google for it? The hits he locates may not be the hits you were relying on. It is probably better to be clear than to let someone else guess what you are trying to say.

    As for the second point, I think what he's trying to say is that there seems like a number of bus companies in HK, but they do not compete with each other? Ie each has its own zone to ply.

    I haven't been following the arguments between you two, but this is my impression from the last 10-20 posts - my apologies in advance if I misunderstand.
    Hi,

    Alreadi posted the more revalent links. As mentioned, it's more for him to find links that stands on his side of the argument as well which he have provided none.

    As for the second point, it's true as it does not make business sense to entirely duplicate services for a particluar, however, there are large areas of overlapping services, not only by the different bus operators but the rail services as well. Of course all will converge on the business center.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  15. #375
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Oki, lets wait for his response then .

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Hi,

    Alreadi posted the more revalent links. As mentioned, it's more for him to find links that stands on his side of the argument as well which he have provided none.

    As for the second point, it's true as it does not make business sense to entirely duplicate services for a particluar, however, there are large areas of overlapping services, not only by the different bus operators but the rail services as well. Of course all will converge on the business center.

  16. #376
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by datan View Post
    prices have been going up year to year....



    oil prices have risen > 1400% since 1999.
    Has transport costs risen even 20% since 1999?
    hmmmmm..... i am more interested to know the price after processing the oil as in Diesel... Bus uses diesel right??

    You can say about the rising price in raw material... but i am more interested in the end product.

  17. #377

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    hmmmmm..... i am more interested to know the price after processing the oil as in Diesel... Bus uses diesel right??

    You can say about the rising price in raw material... but i am more interested in the end product.
    Right ON!!!

  18. #378

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Hi,

    Alreadi posted the more revalent links. As mentioned, it's more for him to find links that stands on his side of the argument as well which he have provided none.

    As for the second point, it's true as it does not make business sense to entirely duplicate services for a particluar, however, there are large areas of overlapping services, not only by the different bus operators but the rail services as well. Of course all will converge on the business center.
    The original point is that someone said that singapore is a monopoly for transport providers. I said find me an urban area with many different transport providers serving it.


    HK has 5 transport providers. But they serve different areas of HK.
    So what? Do all 5 compete in the same region?

  19. #379

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Aniway... something for those who have boliao time to read...

    http://www.lta.gov.sg/corp_info/doc/...Feb%202005.pdf

    Look at Annex C.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  20. #380

    Default Re: SBS Transit, SMRT ask to raise bus and train fares

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    hmmmmm..... i am more interested to know the price after processing the oil as in Diesel... Bus uses diesel right??

    You can say about the rising price in raw material... but i am more interested in the end product.
    good grief! you might as well tell me which grade of diesel also...

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •