Thread: Creative Zen Vision M

Default Creative Zen Vision M

Hi,

Need some advice for those that are using the Creative Zen Vision M as a portable photo storage. I kinda need something that looks like an MP3 player (no big viewing screens) but can also be used for storing photos (JPEG & RAW) directly from an SD card. The Ipod Video is out cos the writeups says its super slow to copy over and the copying over uses up alot of battery. So thinking of trying the Creative one.

Some questions:-
    - Does it suck up alot of battery to copy a 2GB card?
    - There is a card adaptor which can connect the card directly to the player right?
    - How long to copy a 2GB card over?
    - Copies all the RAW & JPEG files over?
    - Works with Mac?

Appreciate any help. THanks!

Derrick

Default Re: Creative Zen Vision M

card adpater only for the zen vison w and vision models only. dun think u can OTG transfer with the vision m model...

You might like to try asking on the Creative forums. I use the ZW to copy files over and it takes time, but the proprietary battery does a good job of allowing me to copy numerous cards abd files over without worrying about battery life.

Thanks for the replies, i'll go check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    Hi,

Need some advice for those that are using the Creative Zen Vision M as a portable photo storage. I kinda need something that looks like an MP3 player (no big viewing screens) but can also be used for storing photos (JPEG & RAW) directly from an SD card. The Ipod Video is out cos the writeups says its super slow to copy over and the copying over uses up alot of battery. So thinking of trying the Creative one.

Some questions:-
    - Does it suck up alot of battery to copy a 2GB card?
    - There is a card adaptor which can connect the card directly to the player right?
    - How long to copy a 2GB card over?
    - Copies all the RAW & JPEG files over?
    - Works with Mac?

Appreciate any help. THanks!

Derrick
    1) You cannot copy from a 2 GB card with the Zen Vision:M 30Gb however the Zen Vision:M 60Gb does offer transfer from your camera usb using the USB Host Feature, do check it out. Remember its the 60Gb version and not the 30Gb version.

http://sg.creative.com/support/kb/ar...?l=3&sid=25909

2) The card adapter is only for the Zen Vision W and Zen Vision 30Gb, if you are using CF card just plug in to these 2 direct, no need adapter.

3) Cannot say coz din try before.

4) Can copy all RAW n jpeg to the Zen Vision:M 60Gb however you are only able to see the jpeg photos, raw photos will be stored in the player and is not viewable as raw is not a supported format, so transferring raw photos to the player is more like backing up your raw photos and transfering them to the computer when you get home to edit.

5) Creative mp3 players does not work on Macs

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Jer76 View Post
    1) You cannot copy from a 2 GB card with the Zen Vision:M 30Gb however the Zen Vision:M 60Gb does offer transfer from your camera usb using the USB Host Feature, do check it out. Remember its the 60Gb version and not the 30Gb version.

http://sg.creative.com/support/kb/ar...?l=3&sid=25909

2) The card adapter is only for the Zen Vision W and Zen Vision 30Gb, if you are using CF card just plug in to these 2 direct, no need adapter.

3) Cannot say coz din try before.

4) Can copy all RAW n jpeg to the Zen Vision:M 60Gb however you are only able to see the jpeg photos, raw photos will be stored in the player and is not viewable as raw is not a supported format, so transferring raw photos to the player is more like backing up your raw photos and transfering them to the computer when you get home to edit.

5) Creative mp3 players does not work on Macs

Hope this helps
    Thanks for your reply. Did not know that creative players were not support on macs. That straight away rules it out for me. Pity.

Cheers,

Derrick