Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2237424546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    Thanks for the clip. That goal is worth watching over and over again. Hope to see more coming from Torres.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Rafa is getting better at these mind games
    Since we at Rafa's Quotes, here is my collection.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

"talk to carra, if you can understand him you can understand anyone."
    rafa suggesting morientes plunge in at the deep end.

Remember after we lost at Old Trafford, and everyone was laying into Rafa for adopting zonal marking? After the game, a blood-hungry hack snidely asked Rafa El Rojo whether the team would be working to improve their marking during the next few days. His answer: "No, we're at home this weekend, so we'll be working on our attack"
    That Saturday: Liverpool 3, Norwich 0.

"He is a good manager,yes, but he will lose tomorrow" Pre-match press conference before Chelsea 2nd leg!

in response to some London journo twat who would NOT shut up about Queen Maureen in the LIVERPOOL press conference. It was a very ungracious way to behave in front of a very succesful coach as Benitez - basically trying to put him in a position to say that Queenie was a better coach than him, thats what the journo wanted. He hadn't quite bargained for the response he got from Rafa. The whole dialog was along the lines of:

LondonJournoTwat: Is Maurenho the best manager in the world?
    Rafa: He's one of the best.
    LondonJournoTwat: But is he the best?
    Rafa: He's one of the best
    LondonJournoTwat: But he's not stopped winning.
    Rafa: Until tomorrow
    LondonJournoTwat: ***speechless***

the one i love is when he was explaining that he bought his wife a watch whenever she got a prediction right about him winning the a cup.
    "My wife has a lot of confidence and a lot of watches!" ****in' priceless.

After the final: "maybe if we a score it will be different, and we a score and was different"

"When people talk to me about Gerrard and say he wants to win trophies, I say, 'me too'. I want to win trophies, I am not here to learn English, I am here for winning trophies."

Just watching the pre-Chelsea press conference again and he came out with another classic!
    Journo: Are you wearing your lucky jacket?
    Rafa: No, it's normal. I have confidence in my team, not my jacket!
    Same interview, same journo: Do you think the neutrals will be behind Liverpool?
    Rafa: If we have our own fans it will be enough!

"I am not in favour of selling him and we are building a great team around him because we want him to be the skipper who wins the most titles in Liverpool's history."

A classic quote I enjoyed was just after the Southampton game (i think?) and we got slated in the press. They were saying that that was our worst performance for 40 years. The next game we won, comfortably but I wouldnt say it was outstanding ... Rafa in the press conference goes ... "That was our best display in 40 years".
    The press kinda went a bit quiet after that ...

"I told Carra before the game he must score three goals this season. He has started early!"

He came out with a classic tonight when asked "what did you think when you went one down." He said "I thought if we score more goals than them we will win".

"I know being in the top four of the Premiership is very important, but you will never see any club honours list recording an historic fourth place in the Premiership."

Reporter: how bout michael owen then?
    Rafa:we have good strikers.(said with that big beaming rafa smile)
    Reporter: ok so can you clear this up once and for all then rafa, michael owen, is he coming to Anfield ?"
    Rafa:we have good strikers.(said with that big beaming rafa smile)

"I'm very proud each day I'm Liverpool manager, whethe"I'm only interested in listening to the people who want the best for Liverpool Football Club, no-one else.
    "They are always with us. It is they who motivate us. To me, the most important thing is my players and the supporters.
    "I'm very proud each day I'm Liverpool manager, whether I'm leading the team, signing autographs or meeting the supporters,"

"In the end, if we win, those people who criticise will change their minds and those who've always been with us will be happiest."

A good one during the pre-match interview on Saturday:
    Interviewer: "Where will the liverpool goals come from?"
    Rafa: "We have Crouch, Cisse, Garcia, Gerrard, Alonso.... maybe Carra will score from a corner"
    Interview: "So you're tipping Carra to score"
    Rafa: "Sure, why not?" with that big smile

"People can talk about having a lot of money to buy players but we've just signed a player with a passion and a heart for this club that no amount of money can buy."

his one on Fowler's passion: "I'm not sure I've ever seen a player quite so happy to be joining a club before. "

The half-time teamtalk in Istanbul may be apocryphal (although Rafa gives it the nod in the Balague book) but it still brings a tear to my eye... 'Don't let your heads drop. We're Liverpool. You're playing for Liverpool. Don't forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them.
    'You can't call yourselves Liverpool players if you have your heads down. If we create a few chances we have the possibility of getting back into this. Believe you can do it and you will. Give yourself the chance to be heroes'

Ferguson after Saturdays game:
    "Liverpool can play for only five minutes and win the game, that is the way they are, they pump the ball into the box and with good set-piece deliveries they keep you under pressure"
    Rafa's reply yesterday:
    "If we can win a game in five minutes against a top team just think how much more terrible damage there would be if we played for the other 85 minutes."

my fave is the Robben quote again heres the proper one from .tv
    "Maybe we need to go quickly because I must go to the hospital to see Robben. Maybe he is in the hospital now, [it is] unbelievable if you don't stop these things. Reina has done a mistake because he is under pressure but the other player dived so it is crazy to see a red card for this things and the number of kicks that you can see during the game, its crazy. I am sure that Reina now will be disappointed because he lost control, but he just touched the other player. Robben was talking with him, then Reina touched him, and it was a dive, it was so clear. Then Gallas went for Reina and maybe if Reina dive, maybe it is another red card, I don't understand these things."

"He's always a player from whom you can expect something different. If you're struggling in a game you can either do two things, send your centre back up front as a centre forward or use Luis Garcia between the lines." Digging at Murinhoís lack of tactics.
    Things I've learnt on photography
    [S5Pro][28-70 f2.8][ZF 35 f2][85 f1.4][sb800][Elinchrom D-Lite 4]

Before the Semi against Chelsea some prick on Sly Sports who didn't do his research was hassling Rafa about Robbie and a new contract. "If Robbie scores the winner against Chelsea, will he get a new contract?" " No. No he won't .......He is cup tied."

Remarking on Chelsea's imminent signing of Michael Ballack: "You don't need to buy the best leg for your table. You need to buy the leg you need for your table."

Recent one from lfc.tv
    Interviewer: Would you prefer to win 2-0 or 4-2?
    Beni: 4-0

When we were knocked out of the Champions League this year and some journo said to him:
    Journo: "Rafa - it must be disappointing for you. The FA cup is now your only realistic chance for silverware this year..."
    Rafa: "Thank you but no, you are wrong. We already won a trophy this season (The European Super Cup)"

On our rivalry with the Mancs:
    I understand it. Itís similar to the rivalry with Everton but this time itís about two of the top sides and itís very important we win this game.

"It's the first time I've seen a linesman who wants to be a star" - about that twat in the Bolton game

hen asked about why he paid £7M for Pennant and if he regrets it?
    "I do not know many right wingers in this country who are better than Pennant playing in the Premier. Who else, (Shaun) Wright-Phillips at £21 million?

From Sky website today, Rafa talking about catching Chelsea in the table:
    "If you start counting your chickens then, at the end, you will have problems."

Rafa on the specualtion about Henry...
    Rafa:"I even heard rumours this week that Henry was supposedly coming to Liverpool. All I can say is that he is coming tomorrow but will be going back to London after the game. He might come here on Tuesday as well!"

Sky:
    - Were you confident when you saw Chelsea's team sheet?
    Rafa:
    - I was confident when I saw my own team sheet!

"As you know, I like to rotate my players 99 times..."

I loved his one after the Barca home leg
    Journo:so Rafa, was this a perfect evening
    Rafa: Almost perfect, we lost

Rafa on Carra:
    "He reminds me of a hunting dog, when I want something specific done in defence he is very willing to learn. As a defender he is someone you do not want to play against, to have marking you."

"If you're struggling in a game you can either do two things, send your centre back up front as a centre forward or send on Luis Garcia" Rafa Benitez, 26 April 2006

On Anfield
    "This is Anfield, they say you'll never walk alone... it's true!"

When asked about the new owners watching tonights game against PSV.
    Reporter to Rafa: The new owners must have been really impressed with this performance.
    Rafa: The players were impressive. The new owners were just watching the game.

"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. He have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.
    "Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

On Mascherano

Q: "Can you explain why two Premiership managers have failed to get out of him what you have?"
    A: I speak better Spanish than them! [...]

****ing love this one, and i love Rafa for saying it. It's about Mourinho.
    "We were good friends until we started beating them. He is good friends with managers of teams he beats."

"But if I was offered the chance of playing Manchester United in the final I would be happy and say yes, because that means I will be in the final too. We would be confident of success if that occurred."

Q : Which two teams will qualify from this group?
    Rafa : This question provides me with an opportunity to use an expression I learnt the other day. I don't have a crystal ball. I cannot predict the future.

"I don't expect to go for a glass of wine with him after the match on Wednesday because we have never done.
    "But with Arsene Wenger or Alex Ferguson and other managers, we invite them into the boot room for a drink at Anfield."

Mourinho also spent time in his discussion with the press suggesting that Liverpool will spend the first leg attempting to get Didier Drogba booked, with the big striker set to miss the second game if he is carded by referee Markus Merk.
    "Maybe Mourinho is thinking about this because he was doing exactly the same thing two years ago over Xabi Alonso," replied Rafa.

"At Stamford Bridge, we won in the stands, that was clear. The other supporters were with their flags, but our supporters were with their hearts. We don't need to give flags. It's easy for us."

And of Mourinho's claim about a penalty, Benitez smiled and said: "I haven't seen the replay but if he says it was a penalty, sure it was a penalty."

"We have our special ones here, they are our fans, who always play with their hearts"

"Our fans cannot give red cards or award penalties, but they can score goals."

"its hard playing against the SMALL clubs" after the derby at Anfield this season

How big a loss is Ricardo Carvalho to Chelsea?
    If he cannot play Ė and remember they said the same last time Ė they have enough quality to replace him. I don't think he's any more important than John Terry. Before, when they lost Terry, they were saying they'd lost the best centre-back in the world. Now, Carvalho is the best centre-back in the world.

Rafa on his rotation policy
    "We may be in a very good rugby town here in Toulouse. But this isn't rugby - I cannot use 15 players.
    "Sadly, I've been unable to persuade Fifa, Uefa, and the Premier League to allow me to use 12 players in every game."

"We were good friends until we started winning, then he started changing his mind.
    "It's the same with the managers of the top sides. He has good relationships with managers of teams he beats."
    He added: "He fights with the managers of the top sides. He has already started it with us, yesterday!"

"And I always say that Abramovich has done a really good job, that is the key."

Rafa on why he has a beard:
    "its just because during the summer I lost my razor!"
    Interviewer gets the joke but doesn't find it all that funny so he goes smiling:
    "so you haven't found it since??"
    Rafa replies:
    "no i have found but now its broken!"

In the post-match press conference when Liverpool manager Benitez was informed that Jose Mourinho had responded to Steven Gerrard's criticism of Chelsea by painting a picture of an angelic, or at least "naive", team.
    Benitez smirked. "Then I am Little Red Riding Hood," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    what to do, their each training got some oscar rehearsal 1 mah.
    haha learn how to dive.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Noakram View Post
    Before the Semi against Chelsea some prick on Sly Sports who didn't do his research was hassling Rafa about Robbie and a new contract. "If Robbie scores the winner against Chelsea, will he get a new contract?" " No. No he won't .......He is cup tied."

Remarking on Chelsea's imminent signing of Michael Ballack: "You don't need to buy the best leg for your table. You need to buy the leg you need for your table."

Recent one from lfc.tv
    Interviewer: Would you prefer to win 2-0 or 4-2?
    Beni: 4-0

When we were knocked out of the Champions League this year and some journo said to him:
    Journo: "Rafa - it must be disappointing for you. The FA cup is now your only realistic chance for silverware this year..."
    Rafa: "Thank you but no, you are wrong. We already won a trophy this season (The European Super Cup)"

On our rivalry with the Mancs:
    I understand it. Itís similar to the rivalry with Everton but this time itís about two of the top sides and itís very important we win this game.

"It's the first time I've seen a linesman who wants to be a star" - about that twat in the Bolton game

hen asked about why he paid £7M for Pennant and if he regrets it?
    "I do not know many right wingers in this country who are better than Pennant playing in the Premier. Who else, (Shaun) Wright-Phillips at £21 million?

From Sky website today, Rafa talking about catching Chelsea in the table:
    "If you start counting your chickens then, at the end, you will have problems."

Rafa on the specualtion about Henry...
    Rafa:"I even heard rumours this week that Henry was supposedly coming to Liverpool. All I can say is that he is coming tomorrow but will be going back to London after the game. He might come here on Tuesday as well!"

Sky:
    - Were you confident when you saw Chelsea's team sheet?
    Rafa:
    - I was confident when I saw my own team sheet!

"As you know, I like to rotate my players 99 times..."

I loved his one after the Barca home leg
    Journo:so Rafa, was this a perfect evening
    Rafa: Almost perfect, we lost

Rafa on Carra:
    "He reminds me of a hunting dog, when I want something specific done in defence he is very willing to learn. As a defender he is someone you do not want to play against, to have marking you."

"If you're struggling in a game you can either do two things, send your centre back up front as a centre forward or send on Luis Garcia" Rafa Benitez, 26 April 2006

On Anfield
    "This is Anfield, they say you'll never walk alone... it's true!"

When asked about the new owners watching tonights game against PSV.
    Reporter to Rafa: The new owners must have been really impressed with this performance.
    Rafa: The players were impressive. The new owners were just watching the game.

"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. He have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.
    "Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

On Mascherano

Q: "Can you explain why two Premiership managers have failed to get out of him what you have?"
    A: I speak better Spanish than them! [...]

****ing love this one, and i love Rafa for saying it. It's about Mourinho.
    "We were good friends until we started beating them. He is good friends with managers of teams he beats."

"But if I was offered the chance of playing Manchester United in the final I would be happy and say yes, because that means I will be in the final too. We would be confident of success if that occurred."

Q : Which two teams will qualify from this group?
    Rafa : This question provides me with an opportunity to use an expression I learnt the other day. I don't have a crystal ball. I cannot predict the future.

"I don't expect to go for a glass of wine with him after the match on Wednesday because we have never done.
    "But with Arsene Wenger or Alex Ferguson and other managers, we invite them into the boot room for a drink at Anfield."

Mourinho also spent time in his discussion with the press suggesting that Liverpool will spend the first leg attempting to get Didier Drogba booked, with the big striker set to miss the second game if he is carded by referee Markus Merk.
    "Maybe Mourinho is thinking about this because he was doing exactly the same thing two years ago over Xabi Alonso," replied Rafa.

"At Stamford Bridge, we won in the stands, that was clear. The other supporters were with their flags, but our supporters were with their hearts. We don't need to give flags. It's easy for us."

And of Mourinho's claim about a penalty, Benitez smiled and said: "I haven't seen the replay but if he says it was a penalty, sure it was a penalty."

"We have our special ones here, they are our fans, who always play with their hearts"

"Our fans cannot give red cards or award penalties, but they can score goals."

"its hard playing against the SMALL clubs" after the derby at Anfield this season

How big a loss is Ricardo Carvalho to Chelsea?
    If he cannot play Ė and remember they said the same last time Ė they have enough quality to replace him. I don't think he's any more important than John Terry. Before, when they lost Terry, they were saying they'd lost the best centre-back in the world. Now, Carvalho is the best centre-back in the world.

Rafa on his rotation policy
    "We may be in a very good rugby town here in Toulouse. But this isn't rugby - I cannot use 15 players.
    "Sadly, I've been unable to persuade Fifa, Uefa, and the Premier League to allow me to use 12 players in every game."

"We were good friends until we started winning, then he started changing his mind.
    "It's the same with the managers of the top sides. He has good relationships with managers of teams he beats."
    He added: "He fights with the managers of the top sides. He has already started it with us, yesterday!"

"And I always say that Abramovich has done a really good job, that is the key."

Rafa on why he has a beard:
    "its just because during the summer I lost my razor!"
    Interviewer gets the joke but doesn't find it all that funny so he goes smiling:
    "so you haven't found it since??"
    Rafa replies:
    "no i have found but now its broken!"

In the post-match press conference when Liverpool manager Benitez was informed that Jose Mourinho had responded to Steven Gerrard's criticism of Chelsea by painting a picture of an angelic, or at least "naive", team.
    Benitez smirked. "Then I am Little Red Riding Hood," he said.
    CLASSIC LA!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Heinze lost liao!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...455355&cc=4716

Quote Originally Posted by Noakram View Post
    nvm. we get great entertainment nonetheless!

and one for the fans:

“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” -
    Rafa Benitez

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    and one for the fans:

ďSeeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.Ē -
    Rafa Benitez

not sure what prompted this quote but i like it a lot and is really apt for chel$ki:

“The difference between players is not always the quality but their mentality.” - Rafa Benitez

but this one IIRC was just before the 2nd leg of semi against chel$ki in the 2005 champions league:

“When they start talking and talking about us, it shows they are worried about playing Liverpool.” - Rafa Benitez

Picked this up from soccernet.

In a separate twist, The Sun also reports that Styles, a millionaire in his own right following his dealings outside of football, is a board member of a building company that was paid 'a five-figure sum for work' by Chelski chairman Roman Abramovich last summer.

The Professional Game Match Officials have insisted that there was nothing untoward in the business link to Abramovich.

"Rob made the PGMO aware his company was undertaking work for E A Chiverton, a company sub-contracted to work on one of Mr Abramovich's properties," a spokesman said.

"The PGMO investigated this at the time and was entirely satisfied that no conflict of interest existed. We do not think this is an issue. We have discussed this with Rob Styles and are entirely happy. It would be entirely wrong to impune his integrity as a referee."

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post

In a separate twist, The Sun also reports that Styles, a millionaire in his own right following his dealings outside of football, is a board member of a building company that was paid 'a five-figure sum for work' by Chelski chairman Roman Abramovich last summer.

The Professional Game Match Officials have insisted that there was nothing untoward in the business link to Abramovich.

"Rob made the PGMO aware his company was undertaking work for E A Chiverton, a company sub-contracted to work on one of Mr Abramovich's properties," a spokesman said.

"The PGMO investigated this at the time and was entirely satisfied that no conflict of interest existed. We do not think this is an issue. We have discussed this with Rob Styles and are entirely happy. It would be entirely wrong to impune his integrity as a referee."
    TAMADE!!

so i'm right in my assertion that this KKJ guy is kelong kia! WA LAU EH!!!!

now it all adds up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    TAMADE!!

so i'm right in my assertion that this KKJ guy is kelong kia! WA LAU EH!!!!

now it all adds up!!!
    kelong to the max
    wah piang, after buying players, they buy referees

quick quick EPL go investigate, sue them, fine them, demote them to conference league and dock points!

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post

Comfirm liao la Kelong liverpool must reserve the right to sue him if that is the 2 points loss that cause us the championship !!!
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    kelong to the max
    wah piang, after buying players, they buy referees

quick quick EPL go investigate, sue them, fine them, demote them to conference league and dock points!
    they will cover each other's arses la.

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Comfirm liao la Kelong liverpool must reserve the right to sue him if that is the 2 points loss that cause us the championship !!!
    dun wait liao. now sue.

XedoXised!!!!

no heinze?

heinze meanze beanze no more???

Rafa Rants at the FA.

com'on, let us sign Heinze Meanze Beanze and see the sadness and anger in SAF!

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2237424546474849 ... LastLast