Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

GERRARD: THE REF CRACKED UNDER PRESSURE

Steven gerrard believes referee Rob Styles has cost Liverpool two precious Premier League points after wrongly awarding Chelsea a second half penalty at Anfield.
    Frank Lampard levelled from the spot to cancel out Fernando Torres' brilliant opener, but it was the manner of the penalty award which left the Liverpool camp seething after the game.

Florent Maldouda's run took him into the path of Steve Finnan and after the Frenchman went to ground Styles awarded a controversial penalty, much to the disgust of the home team.

"I don't want to say too much because I'll get into trouble, but the referee didn't play well today," said Gerrard.

"Whether it was because the Chelsea players were talking I don't know, but in the end he's cracked and made a bad decision. It wasn't a penalty and I hope he comes out and says sorry now. We have to apologise as players if we make mistakes so I hope he does the same.

"There were so many positives from that performance, though, and I really think it shows we can challenge this season.

"The goal was excellent. I managed to slide the ball into Fernando's path and he showed great quality to finish it off. More of the same please, Fernando!"

Gerrard also revealed he will have an x-ray tomorrow on his fractured toe to determine if he can play any part in England's midweek friendly with Germany.

come on guys. we can moan all we want but it's not going to change a thing. the newspapers will be all over the ref tomorrow.

let's look at the positives.

we are looking better and better though its only the third game of the season proper.

OK....bitter pill to swallow but sigh.....this is refeering
    at its worst.

Styles the 'star' of summit meeting

Scott Murray
    Sunday August 19, 2007
    Guardian Unlimited

It was the first big-club summit meeting of the new Premiership season, but despite all the big-name talent on show at Anfield as Liverpool took on Chelsea, it was Rob Styles who took centre stage with a refereeing display of staggering ineptitude.

Having already allowed an initially free-flowing first half descend into petulance with a series of petty bookings, Styles awarded the visitors - at the time trailing 1-0 to a wonderfully taken goal from Fernando Torres - the chance of a controversial second-half penalty equaliser with one of the most preposterous refereeing decisions seen in recent times.

With an hour on the clock, Florent Molouda attacked a Shaun Wright-Philips cross, over-ran it, and jumped into Daniel Agger, who was attempting to get out of the French winger's way. As both players stumbled to the ground, Stiles blew for a spot kick. Frank Lampard made no mistake from the spot to equalise; to add insult to injury for the home side, Jamie Carragher was booked for protesting the decision.

Styles later put a tin lid on his performance by waving a yellow card in the general direction of both Tel Ben Haim and Michael Essien - both of whom had already been booked. Neither man was sent off - it was later reported by the fourth official that Styles was "convinced" he had not booked either man.

omg keke

Referee kayu in this match la. He is known to make blunders. That wasnt a penalty man.

But he did not make just one major blunder, he made two major blunders and a few smaller ones as well.

Two words. Referee Kayu!
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

I thought it will be a perfect weekend. Arsenal draw, Man U lost. But then...... Liverpool was Rob 2 points to a person who refereed with Styles....

Sigh..... it could have been a perfect weekend......

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post

With an hour on the clock, Florent Molouda attacked a Shaun Wright-Philips cross, over-ran it, and jumped into Daniel Agger, who was attempting to get out of the French winger's way. As both players stumbled to the ground, Stiles blew for a spot kick. Frank Lampard made no mistake from the spot to equalise; to add insult to injury for the home side, Jamie Carragher was booked for protesting the decision.
    omg keke
    I thought it was Steve Finnan Molouda bumped into.

One consolation. All big 4 teams had dropped points early in the season. So it means it will be a much tougher fight for everyone this season. So I would say Liverpool is still in with a chance. And Torres had scores his 1st EPL goal in his 1st home match. A fantastic strike by him. Expect to see much more from him

Some positives from today.

1. I saw a match where a player from an opposing team ran and bumped into a player from the home team without even playing the ball, and the player from the home team got penalised with a penalty. A first for me.

2. I saw Alex Ferguson jump up from his seat in delight, arms up in the air. At the background, the coaching staff from Manure slouches back into their seats. Ferguson's arms were still in the air, but his face changes from deilght to disbelieve, and it took a while. His hands then move rest on his hips, and his facial expression changes to disgust. Priceless.

From ENglanddddd. Sad sub standard refs
    Time to introduce our very own Shamsul Maidin at EPL!!

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    come on guys. we can moan all we want but it's not going to change a thing. the newspapers will be all over the ref tomorrow.

we are looking better and better though its only the third game of the season proper.
    Agree... liverpudlians shoudlnt moan like the way moanrinho does.

Bitter pill to swallow especially when we played well most of the game. Its still early days. Besides, we have the right squad to be a contender for the title chase.

GERRARD: THE REF CRACKED UNDER PRESSURE

Steven gerrard believes referee Rob Styles has cost Liverpool two precious Premier League points after wrongly awarding Chelsea a second half penalty at Anfield.
    Frank Lampard levelled from the spot to cancel out Fernando Torres' brilliant opener, but it was the manner of the penalty award which left the Liverpool camp seething after the game.

Florent Maldouda's run took him into the path of Steve Finnan and after the Frenchman went to ground Styles awarded a controversial penalty, much to the disgust of the home team.

"I don't want to say too much because I'll get into trouble, but the referee didn't play well today," said Gerrard.

"Whether it was because the Chelsea players were talking I don't know, but in the end he's cracked and made a bad decision. It wasn't a penalty and I hope he comes out and says sorry now. We have to apologise as players if we make mistakes so I hope he does the same.

"There were so many positives from that performance, though, and I really think it shows we can challenge this season.

"The goal was excellent. I managed to slide the ball into Fernando's path and he showed great quality to finish it off. More of the same please, Fernando!"

Gerrard also revealed he will have an x-ray tomorrow on his fractured toe to determine if he can play any part in England's midweek friendly with Germany.
    undone by a KKJ ref!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post

some moanings and bitching helps to unwind and relieve some stress! hehehe

indeed, we played very well! i never for a moment think that Liverpool will lose to chel$ki. its a pity we couldn't score more!

Quote Originally Posted by Bcool View Post
    OK....bitter pill to swallow but sigh.....this is refeering
    at its worst.
    classic graham poll stuff.

Scott Murray
    Sunday August 19, 2007
    Guardian Unlimited

It was the first big-club summit meeting of the new Premiership season, but despite all the big-name talent on show at Anfield as Liverpool took on Chelsea, it was Rob Styles who took centre stage with a refereeing display of staggering ineptitude.

Having already allowed an initially free-flowing first half descend into petulance with a series of petty bookings, Styles awarded the visitors - at the time trailing 1-0 to a wonderfully taken goal from Fernando Torres - the chance of a controversial second-half penalty equaliser with one of the most preposterous refereeing decisions seen in recent times.

Styles later put a tin lid on his performance by waving a yellow card in the general direction of both Tel Ben Haim and Michael Essien - both of whom had already been booked. Neither man was sent off - it was later reported by the fourth official that Styles was "convinced" he had not booked either man.

omg keke
    outstanding performance from the ref who kelonged. world class, styles/stiles/or whatever!

Member/Tangshooter

This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Benchmarc View Post
    Referee kayu in this match la. He is known to make blunders. That wasnt a penalty man.
    REFEREE KAYU!!!!

REFEREE KAYU!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    But he did not make just one major blunder, he made two major blunders and a few smaller ones as well.
    he loves the limelight. jon orbi-good mickey shud haf been sent off!

the way the chel$ki players played, wa lau eh! touch and they all fly all directions!

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast