Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526293449 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 995

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

  1. #461
    Member Taurean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    White Elephants Town
    Posts
    1,700

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    WooHoo.... Won the 1st game

    No SCV for me too. Read the match report, seems like a game we could have easily drawn in the past season.

    Hope is a good start to the season Bring on Chel$ki!!!

    Thanks for the clips.

  2. #462
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    Wonderful win by Liverpool. It's great to start the season on a winning note.

    However there are a lot of aspect of the game to worry about. Liverpool seem to have difficulty in keeping possesion of the ball, and the passing sometimes go haywire, even though there were some fantastic passes. Torres 1st competitive match is good, he showed some very good touches. Just need to settle down quickly, and he should be able to deliver the goods very soon. Babel also showed a lot of promise with his limited time on the pitch.

    I feel that Riise and Penannt had a rather poor game, and Alonso was pretty quiet. Luckily Gerrard came out with that OMG freekick and won the game for us.

    Now the boys have to raise their game and prepare to meet Chel$ki next weekend. It wouldn't be as easy as last night match.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  3. #463
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    One side note. I was pretty disappointed with the quality of the live match shown on the new EPL channel by Starhub. It looks like watching low resolution video on the computer, and the feed was not stable. Even the other 2 channel, 21 & 22, was quite lousy as well, and the GoalTV, CH 107 & 108, was simply terrible. Also the match preview and review was rather lousy. ESPN was much better. It looks like we are paying extra $10 for extra channels, but lousier quality

    One good thing is that now ESPN and StarSports can show more of other sports like WRC!
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  4. #464

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post

    ...However there are a lot of aspect of the game to worry about. Liverpool seem to have difficulty in keeping possesion of the ball, and the passing sometimes go haywire, even though there were some fantastic passes...
    Couldn't agree with you more. I was cursing them through half the match. We just gave the ball away easily either by sloppy passing or by punting it to nowhere the moment we managed to get the ball off the opposing players. We simply ended up putting ourselves under pressure again. If we could have held on to possesion better, move the ball around, not only would we be depriving the opponent of the ball but since they would be desperately chasing it down, we could tire out the opposition and hit them by quicky turning up the rythm.

    The team still lacked the maturity to control the pace of the game to our advantage. Too single paced and predictable in rythm. And I always felt we do ourselves a disfavour by immediately settling into a defensive shell the moment we score. Sometimes we should use the momentum to press for a second. Opponents know that we would slacken after the goal and they tend to attack us more. I know rafa wants to defend deep and counter for a second goal but to always do this is predictable. Sitting back allows the opposition to recover their composure and also their players to get more involved in the play, giving the control of the game to them. And if the opposition scored, the momentum switches to them. Especially when our defence looks edgy like they did today. We can't always depend on a Stevie G special.

    But complaints aside, it was a good showing. We had some good chances to score and looked better than last season. Loved torres. His movement and awareness is top-class and it was something we lacked till now. And for the first time, we have a player who can get past defences and also create openings for himself. Hope he would get even better with time. Babel looked good when he came on too, though it was helped by the space available by Villa pushing forward. Kuyt was great too. Sissoko, however, was a disaster. He looked more assured in the pre-season but seemed to be trying too hard in this game. Giving away the ball again and again could have cost us. He really should keep it simple and play to his strenght, not do too much alone.

    One suggestion, Rafa should really train the players to take some shots hard and low to the corners. Too many of our shots are well struck but often at a good height for the keeper to save. Low shots to the corners are always the hardest as the keepers would have to get down for it quickly.

    Now for Toulouse. They are a good team and just defeated Lyon so I hope we can put up a good performance.

    YNWA
    Last edited by giddygoat; 12th August 2007 at 03:21 PM.

  5. #465
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    aiyaa taken down liao. Keke


    World Class Strike.
    they take down too. basket. now so hardworking!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  6. #466
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    WooHoo.... Won the 1st game

    No SCV for me too. Read the match report, seems like a game we could have easily drawn in the past season.

    Hope is a good start to the season Bring on Chel$ki!!!

    Thanks for the clips.
    confirm if last season, we will jus draw lor.

    now with hotcakes buanged their first game of the season, i think we can 50% say they are out of the title race.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #467
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Wonderful win by Liverpool. It's great to start the season on a winning note.

    However there are a lot of aspect of the game to worry about. Liverpool seem to have difficulty in keeping possesion of the ball, and the passing sometimes go haywire, even though there were some fantastic passes. Torres 1st competitive match is good, he showed some very good touches. Just need to settle down quickly, and he should be able to deliver the goods very soon. Babel also showed a lot of promise with his limited time on the pitch.

    I feel that Riise and Penannt had a rather poor game, and Alonso was pretty quiet. Luckily Gerrard came out with that OMG freekick and won the game for us.

    Now the boys have to raise their game and prepare to meet Chel$ki next weekend. It wouldn't be as easy as last night match.
    hmmm... din't get to watch the game. sad. but from what u've typed i guess the boys need to really work harder and really find the right momentum.


    i would oso like to think that Aston Villa is not a weak team under martin o'neill.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  8. #468
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    One side note. I was pretty disappointed with the quality of the live match shown on the new EPL channel by Starhub. It looks like watching low resolution video on the computer, and the feed was not stable. Even the other 2 channel, 21 & 22, was quite lousy as well, and the GoalTV, CH 107 & 108, was simply terrible. Also the match preview and review was rather lousy. ESPN was much better. It looks like we are paying extra $10 for extra channels, but lousier quality

    One good thing is that now ESPN and StarSports can show more of other sports like WRC!
    oh my! really that bad? maybe they can sort out the issues by the next week's game.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  9. #469
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. I was cursing them through half the match. We just gave the ball away easily either by sloppy passing or by punting it to nowhere the moment we managed to get the ball off the opposing players. We simply ended up putting ourselves under pressure again. If we could have held on to possesion better, move the ball around, not only would we be depriving the opponent of the ball but since they would be desperately chasing it down, we could tire out the opposition and hit them by quicky turning up the rythm.

    The team still lacked the maturity to control the pace of the game to our advantage. Too single paced and predictable in rythm. And I always felt we do ourselves a disfavour by immediately settling into a defensive shell the moment we score. Sometimes we should use the momentum to press for a second. Opponents know that we would slacken after the goal and they tend to attack us more. I know rafa wants to defend deep and counter for a second goal but to always do this is predictable. Sitting back allows the opposition to recover their composure and also their players to get more involved in the play, giving the control of the game to them. And if the opposition scored, the momentum switches to them. Especially when our defence looks edgy like they did today. We can't always depend on a Stevie G special.

    But complaints aside, it was a good showing. We had some good chances to score and looked better than last season. Loved torres. His movement and awareness is top-class and it was something we lacked till now. And for the first time, we have a player who can get past defences and also create openings for himself. Hope he would get even better with time. Babel looked good when he came on too, though it was helped by the space available by Villa pushing forward. Kuyt was great too. Sissoko, however, was a disaster. He looked more assured in the pre-season but seemed to be trying too hard in this game. Giving away the ball again and again could have cost us. He really should keep it simple and play to his strenght, not do too much alone.

    One suggestion, Rafa should really train the players to take some shots hard and low to the corners. Too many of our shots are well struck but often at a good height for the keeper to save. Low shots to the corners are always the hardest as the keepers would have to get down for it quickly.

    Now for Toulouse. They are a good team and just defeated Lyon so I hope we can put up a good performance.

    YNWA
    seems like the boys haf a lot to work on!!! thankfully we won the first game of the season, DESERVINGLY.

    the ref is a rubbish in disguise as a human!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  10. #470

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    risse didn't get enough support from arbeloa. i still don't have faith in arbeloa whether he plays right or left side, mid or full back.

    pennant was booed everytime he has the ball. i think the crowd and in part, the villa players were out to play him.

    our first 'og' goal came as a result of our ascendancy with the two strikers, torres and kuyt combining well especially kuyt not giving up the chase.

    villa's penalty was a soft goal. carra didn't even complain though it looked more ball to hand than anything else.

    reina was booked by the ref because he told the ref the ball wasn't on the spot. goes to show the ref's performance.

    the foul on gerrard was debatable but the free kick was sweet.

    at the end of the match you could see gerrard going around to congratulate each of our player. i think the team morale has taken a different turn this season.

    we didn't play as well as all of us wanted to see from the team but it's only the first game and at the end of the day its the result we needed to start the season with since 2002.

  11. #471

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    seems like the boys haf a lot to work on!!! thankfully we won the first game of the season, DESERVINGLY.

    the ref is a rubbish in disguise as a human!
    In disguise? I didn't even notice any disguise........

    Not that bad. Just me being anal. Definitely better than last season though still work in progress. But I think we'd have drawn or lost this game last season. We could have been a lot more comfy if were took our chances. Just need some maturity in play. In terms of tactical astuteness, we have plenty to learn. The new players look good!

    But I think we need a better leftback than arbeloa or riise in the long term. And a more dominant centreback. Agger is a great ball playing centreback and Cara is a great tenacious defender, but neither of them are an "Alpha" defender; ie someone who dominates the box and takes control (eg, Hyypia, Terry). In particular, someone who is really strong challenging for the aerial ball as strong players like Carew and Drogba always trouble us.

    I thknk pennant was booed cos he played for Birminham City before.
    Last edited by giddygoat; 12th August 2007 at 06:36 PM.

  12. #472

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    arbeloa ? Seem a bit lost
    Carra, really suay
    Reina, lagi suay to get that yellow
    Sissoko, he like still holiday mood
    Alonso, very quiet game
    Kuyt, very hardworking, first goal thanks to his never give up run
    Babbel, hope to see more of him, showing quality
    Torres, trying hard to justify his fees, showing good quality and a lot of patternz
    Stevie G - enuff said

    Starhub, need to improve transmission quality

  13. #473
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    risse didn't get enough support from arbeloa. i still don't have faith in arbeloa whether he plays right or left side, mid or full back.

    pennant was booed everytime he has the ball. i think the crowd and in part, the villa players were out to play him.

    our first 'og' goal came as a result of our ascendancy with the two strikers, torres and kuyt combining well especially kuyt not giving up the chase.

    villa's penalty was a soft goal. carra didn't even complain though it looked more ball to hand than anything else.

    reina was booked by the ref because he told the ref the ball wasn't on the spot. goes to show the ref's performance.

    the foul on gerrard was debatable but the free kick was sweet.

    at the end of the match you could see gerrard going around to congratulate each of our player. i think the team morale has taken a different turn this season.

    we didn't play as well as all of us wanted to see from the team but it's only the first game and at the end of the day its the result we needed to start the season with since 2002.
    its always great to get a 1st win under our belt more so on the first game of the new season!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  14. #474
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat View Post
    In disguise? I didn't even notice any disguise........

    Not that bad. Just me being anal. Definitely better than last season though still work in progress. But I think we'd have drawn or lost this game last season. We could have been a lot more comfy if were took our chances. Just need some maturity in play. In terms of tactical astuteness, we have plenty to learn. The new players look good!

    But I think we need a better leftback than arbeloa or riise in the long term. And a more dominant centreback. Agger is a great ball playing centreback and Cara is a great tenacious defender, but neither of them are an "Alpha" defender; ie someone who dominates the box and takes control (eg, Hyypia, Terry). In particular, someone who is really strong challenging for the aerial ball as strong players like Carew and Drogba always trouble us.

    I thknk pennant was booed cos he played for Birminham City before.
    yeaps. pennant was roundly given a roasting becos he used to play for birmingham.

    1st game of the season, AWAY to a strong team such as Villa, getting a precious away win... that's something new for us. glad we stuck our foot in and really dig hard.

    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  15. #475
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    arbeloa ? Seem a bit lost
    Carra, really suay
    Reina, lagi suay to get that yellow
    Sissoko, he like still holiday mood
    Alonso, very quiet game
    Kuyt, very hardworking, first goal thanks to his never give up run
    Babbel, hope to see more of him, showing quality
    Torres, trying hard to justify his fees, showing good quality and a lot of patternz
    Stevie G - enuff said

    Starhub, need to improve transmission quality

    haf u guys read the NEWPAPER?


    that ERNEST LUIS said that the QUALITY is comparable to the old ESPN's!


    now now...




    i'm hazarding a guess that Starhub paid some advertising fees to Newpaper. there's so much report on Starhub's packages la... this la.. that la.. so many good words so many good press.



    com'on man.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  16. #476
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    England - Premier League
    17:27 August 12
    FT Arsenal 2 - 1 Fulham
    FT Chelsea 3 - 2 Birmingham C.
    69' Manchester U. 0 - 0 Reading
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  17. #477
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    CHEL$KI uncharacteristic of them to concede 2 goals in 1 game.


    the loss of Jonnie Territh is telling.



    Arsenal late rally. struggled at home to beat Fulham.




    manu as of yet, still kosong-kosong.

    song boh?!?!?!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  18. #478

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post


    manu as of yet, still kosong-kosong.

    song boh?!?!?!

    think they give chance to old boy Steve Coppell
    hahaha
    steady lah, just maintain the scoreline, i happy liao

  19. #479
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    think they give chance to old boy Steve Coppell
    hahaha
    steady lah, just maintain the scoreline, i happy liao
    ya, stunned me.


    surprised that they can hold manu for even 20mins.







    this will be 2points lost for manu!










    even a supposedly KKJ team like mancity can win AWAY at expensively assembled west ham.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  20. #480
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ~ You'll Never Walk Alone! (XI)

    90th min.


    manu still kosong with reading.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •