Thread: Camera RAW Plug-in for Photoshop CS2

Default Camera RAW Plug-in for Photoshop CS2

I'm running the slightly older Photoshop CS2 (now superceded by Photoshop CS3), on Mac OS X, and after reading all the threads on the RAW plug-in for CS2, I must admit I'm more confused than when I started off.

I've downloaded the plug-in, and followed the steps on Adobe's site (which aren't very helpful), but I still can't seem to preview RAW files in Adobe Bridge. I can open them fine in Photoshop CS2 for editing, but I intend to use Bridge to preview and sort a large amount of RAW files, selecting which to edit and which to reject, before going in to PP.

Would anyone be able to assist? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Camera RAW Plug-in for Photoshop CS2

try online update function in photoshop, it will update all components to the latest version for you, you don't need to do it manually - but I am using windows, not Mac
    EOS 5D Mark II / 17-40 F/4 L / 50mm F/1.4 / 135mm F/2 L / 430EX Mark II + LSII

Thanks. I will try.

jcryan55
    Guests

PS CS2 is using the RAW plug-in version 3.3 while PS CS 3 is using version 3.5. If u install the version 3.5 on yr CS 2, it will not work. if you r using CS2 on yr laptop, I suggest u uninstall yr version 3.5 and download version 3.3 and install again. It should work. I encountered the same problem and had it resolved when the correct version is being installed. Once u install the correct version, both the PS CS and Adobe Bridge will work fine.

IIRC, isn't CS3 using a different version of Camera RAW, namely version 4.0 (or 4.1)?
    The latest plugin that is compatible with CS2 is version 3.7.