Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tricked by a camera shop in Orchard Plaza

Default Re: Tricked by a camera shop in Orchard Plaza

Cannot help.
    It is not a crime if A sells item X to B at $10,000 and B willingly buys it at this price. When in fact item X cost A only $1 to buy.
    Provided there is no misrepresentation, threat or item switching.
    Think typical tourist trap ah beng electronic shop. I think they would have painted a 'heavenly' portrayal of the magical camera that can do wonders and make a fat lady slim bla bla bla...

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Thread softly, carry a big stick. Go down with 10 or 15 CSers with DSLRs and humongous teles, take a few hundred frames of the merchants (from a public vantage point) and stand behind you and your tourist friend. I can't even begin to imagine what sort of impact that would have on theose bengs when they know that they are deraling with HS - aka, learned local friend, and a whole barrage of photographers who obviously know about equipment. It's not confrontational or to terrorise, but to create a psychological advantage.
    Ok, I have asked Channel News Asia to follow us tomorrow, it will be broadcasted all over Asia. Reuters will also be prepared with several photographers in case some fighting breaks out......

HS

Let me sharpen my parangs now! Haven't used it for a long time since my younger days! Will come in handy tomorrow!

HS

In case someone takes it seriously: I was only joking!

HS

Torch the place.

HS, don't laugh...I was once working at a small ad agency. Our MD/Acc Dir asked me and the Art Director if we could follow the accountant to a client's office to deliver a late payment reminder. This client was constantly late and even legal threats had no effect.

Our accountant was skinny guy. I had chest long hair ans was slim back then, and my art dir...ahhh, he was an Indian guy, about 1.7m tall, 220+ kg dressed in all black and has a full afro. His forearms alone looked thicker than my thighs. Imagine that with thick, curly hair all over.

The client's office was some ulu backyard industrial place, but the boss wasn't in, so the accountact called a worker over, told the worker to pass this 'official letter' to the boss - cannot loose the letter one 'important official matters one ah', while the AD and i got out of the car and he sat on the bonnet while I leaned against the luggage booth and we both smoked while staring out at the sky stoned faced.

Bu the time we got back to the ofice, our MD asked us what the bloody hell we did, with a look of amazement, and we told him (the MD) that the accountact pulled a fast one in that he told the foreign workers that they were delivering a 'official warning letter' from an 'official dept'.

Apparently, the workers, who must have been illegal, called the boss, refused to work for him anymore and they ALL ran off - the bloody lot!!! The boss promised to pay by the end of the week, and begged us not to send our bouncers down anymore. We couldn't stop laughing the rest of the day! LOL! Yeah, we did get the full payment - the following week though.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 1st August 2007 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Let me sharpen my parangs now! Haven't used it for a long time since my younger days! Will come in handy tomorrow!

HS
    hehe... do you need help??? i have not been using my parang for a real long time... it will be nice to take it out again and taste the pleasure of blood...

hehehehe... jus kidding... Good Luck HS!
    whoopieGal:gbounce:
    We're so young and so gone, let's chase the dragon from our home...

Go to small claim tribunal, they will expedite visting tourist case

Here is the link http://app.subcourts.gov.sg/sct/index.aspx
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 1st August 2007 at 12:54 AM.

...I had chest long hair ans was slim back then, and my art dir...ahhh, he was an Indian guy, about 1.7m tall, 220+ kg dressed in all black and has a full afro. His forearms alone looked thicker than my thighs. Imagine that with thick, curly hair all over...
    Is there a typo error here? 220kg+ ??? Looks like 'Hagrid' from Harry Potter series of movie is it?

No typo. I think if the AD had walked round the car to the worker's side, they would have run off there and then! LOL!

Hey HS,

How did it go?

How were they "tricked" again? Were they forced to buy the thing or they never bothered checking the thing before paying?

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Cannot help.
    It is not a crime if A sells item X to B at $10,000 and B willingly buys it at this price. When in fact item X cost A only $1 to buy.
    Provided there is no misrepresentation, threat or item switching.
    Those who sells the product probably knows the law well.

Very tricky situation.. STB may be able to help

Our accountant was skinny guy. I had chest long hair ans was slim back then, and my art dir...ahhh, he was an Indian guy, about 1.7m tall, 220+ kg dressed in all black and has a full afro. His forearms alone looked thicker than my thighs. Imagine that with thick, curly hair all over.
    WTF. Its like describing a Silverback.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12