Thread: Best ticket prices for Shanghai

Default Best ticket prices for Shanghai

Anybody know which air tickets are cheapest for Singapore to Shanghai?

Default Re: Best ticket prices for Shanghai

usuakkt its china eastern, good timeing also... leave midnight here.. reach there in the morning, coming back also the same...

Quote Originally Posted by IceMocha View Post
    Anybody know which air tickets are cheapest for Singapore to Shanghai?

Quote Originally Posted by Octane69 View Post
    usuakkt its china eastern, good timeing also... leave midnight here.. reach there in the morning, coming back also the same...
    yup.. however, sometimes SIA have promo for 2 to go and can be quite cheap also.. can earn mileage and more comfy as well.

I read some negative news about china eastern, things such as cancellation of flight etc. Is iut true?

I don't mind the service, food or comfort for short flight, but cancellation willimpact my tight schedule.

Where you guys get your tickets from? Their website don't work well, getting lots of database errors.

U can book online at:
    http://www.zuji.com.sg/web/content/sg/index.html

currently the cheapest is royal brunei airlines($377) , followed by garuda ($391). China eastern is $400.

Do visit http://www.singaporeair.com.sg often sometimes they got good deals. The last good deal was a few weeks ago Shanghai at $428.

HX300/ EPL6/ EOS60D/ 17-55mmF2.8IS/ 100mmF2.8Macro/ 135mmF2L/ 70-200mmF4LIS/ 300mmF4LIS

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    yup.. however, sometimes SIA have promo for 2 to go and can be quite cheap also.. can earn mileage and more comfy as well.
    If it is promo, it still depends on the class ticket you are flying. Class as in Q class, V class and so on. If it is Q class you cannot earn any mileage points.

Taken from SIA website.

"Are all flights eligible for mileage accrual?
    Most booking fares are eligible for accrual of KrisFlyer miles. However, some booking fares, such as Economy Class tickets issued in V, Q, G, N or T booking classes on Singapore Airlines and V, Q, G, N, T, W or L booking classes on SilkAir, are ineligible for mileage accrual.

When you book your tickets online, information on whether the fares displayed are eligible for mileage accural or not will be clearly stated. If you are booking through a travel agent, please check with the agent if your fare is eligible for mileage accural."

So most good deals are in this class category.
    Last edited by Godzilla Invades; 1st August 2007 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMocha View Post
    I read some negative news about china eastern, things such as cancellation of flight etc. Is iut true?

I don't mind the service, food or comfort for short flight, but cancellation willimpact my tight schedule.

Where you guys get your tickets from? Their website don't work well, getting lots of database errors.
    >> Usually for flights to Shanghai - where its their major base, the cancellation not so likely. But it happens for their flight to Kunming, Yunnan recently.

Get my tickets from travel agency at Chinatown area. Usually I call them up. Think the Chinese name is Dong Feng but English name is Asia Plus. 65368156. Usually I ask them for cheapest tickets and they will tell me whether any airline promotion going on etc etc.

I usually get my flight from MISA Travel but not sure if they get good rates for China. Just gave them a call and they recommended china eastern too.

Preferred the 10:10am flight but it's fully booked for the date I wanted,on waiting list now. May have to go with the mid-night flight and see sunset at the airport. What time does the airport train starts operation?