Thread: Neat Image - Noise Reduction

Thumbs up Neat Image - Noise Reduction

Tried the demo version...the noise reduction filter did quite a neat job! Anybody tried before?

Yes, I agree that it does a superb job of noise reduction, especially those high ISO stuff. So many options to tweak... However, although it is rather slow, I don't mind as I usually process only those of very high noise level. I have not bought it as the program is NOT a Photoshop plugin. It is very disruptive to the workflow where you do RAW->TIFF->Photoshop if you have paid for the full software. I'm awaiting it to become a plugin before I buy it.

Are they looking into a plug-in version? Was tempted to purchase but seems quite ex at ~$50 USD

the Pro version has got more to tweak

Originally posted by Paladin
    Are they looking into a plug-in version? Was tempted to purchase but seems quite ex at ~$50 USD
    Yes, but no delivery date. I had posted to their forums and their developer agreed that they are putting that in. That was back in Feb this year. They said it may take up to 6 months . The person couldn't confirm if the version that would be a Phototoshop plugin will be free for registered users, so I declined to register until then. Am occasionally using the demo version with ISO >1000 shots on my D100

It works very well to remove grain from Film scans as well.

It does not work well on areas with tiny details.

For example, you have a picture of the tar road. The texture of the road will look wierd after apply the filter. It's a little like using a sponge and wiping patches of the road smooth.

Over filter will make faces in portraits look like dolls.