Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Scene from a Memory

  1. #1

    Default Scene from a Memory

    With this image I tried to achieve a sense of dreaminess, as if it were indeed a piece of memory that I plucked out and captured. Something surreal that would lead the viewer on a route of puzzlement but eventual enlightenment. Did it work for you?


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,703

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    Is this vignetted on purpose? Felt it was too vignetted for me, but otherwise i like
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

  3. #3

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    yes it does.
    nice!
    --

  4. #4

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    Is this vignetted on purpose? Felt it was too vignetted for me, but otherwise i like
    It is done on purpose but it isn't really vignetting. It's a natural "frame" heh.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    The SG Flyer huh? BTW, you PP the foggy white "patches"?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,703

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoned View Post
    It is done on purpose but it isn't really vignetting. It's a natural "frame" heh.
    Oh ok... anyway nice try
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

  7. #7
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    Hi Stoned,

    For my own interest sake; I copied the photo, went into Photoshop and pasted it onto a black background,

    Then looked at it full screen.

    It looked good. It looked more like what your title described.

    Looking at the photo (with black border) on the white screen (CS) it does not come across as well.

    I liked it

    Cheers
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the other side
    Posts
    2,046

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    yes stoned, it does for me. a dark, unwanted memory; a sense of being lost.

    btw sg shld start being original abt its so-called "icons"... sg flyer? sheesh. ok sorry OT.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    The SG Flyer huh? BTW, you PP the foggy white "patches"?
    Nope. Those things are OOF bougainvillea flowers. I think I wasn't even aware the thingamajig was called the SG Flyer. Guess I've been in camp too much. Was it ever called the Singapore eye?

    Pablo, Thanks for pointing that out. It did kind of look more interesting on my blog where I put in the default black border. Glad you liked it.
    Last edited by Stoned; 31st July 2007 at 09:39 AM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    The original is called the London Eye. To avoid being way too obvious (yar right, who are we trying to fool), ours is called the Singapore Flyer. Heh.

    It's a reflection in a puddle right?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    Thanks for the clarification. Yes, its called the Singapore Flyer. It claimed to be the biggest in the world 160m, I think London Eye is about 100-120m.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoned View Post
    Nope. Those things are OOF bougainvillea flowers. I think I wasn't even aware the thingamajig was called the SG Flyer. Guess I've been in camp too much. Was it ever called the Singapore eye?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    Quote Originally Posted by Denosha View Post
    The original is called the London Eye. To avoid being way too obvious (yar right, who are we trying to fool), ours is called the Singapore Flyer. Heh.

    It's a reflection in a puddle right?
    Yup it is, and a very dirty puddle at that.

  13. #13
    Member/Tangshooter g-khoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Under your Blanket
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    Lol the photo would be good for using it as some bg for ghostly images. Heh.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    Quote Originally Posted by g-khoo View Post
    Lol the photo would be good for using it as some bg for ghostly images. Heh.
    I was hoping more for mysterious rather than ghostly. Oh well, thanks for leaving your opinion

  15. #15

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    a bit OT but, nice gallery of pictures you have online! ;o)

  16. #16

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    Quote Originally Posted by halcy0n View Post
    a bit OT but, nice gallery of pictures you have online! ;o)
    Thanks. Did you find it on my user profile? I didn't even know I listed a gallery anywhere.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    Your homepage lah dude...Stoned Timothy Soh....

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoned View Post
    Thanks. Did you find it on my user profile? I didn't even know I listed a gallery anywhere.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoned View Post
    Thanks. Did you find it on my user profile? I didn't even know I listed a gallery anywhere.
    lol yea your homepage and a link to flickr there.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,703

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    Lemme guess, you did this image after reading July issue of PP!
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

  20. #20

    Default Re: Scene from a Memory

    Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    Lemme guess, you did this image after reading July issue of PP!
    Er actually no. I don't usually read magazines. What does PP stand for anyway?
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •